She's here! Seiko Chariot Hi-Beat

A place to show and discuss your vintage watches
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

She's here! Seiko Chariot Hi-Beat

Post by FloridaPhil »

I promised to post some photos when she got here and I picked her up a few days ago but haven't had time to get pics. It took 13 days to get here from Japan, not bad.

This watch is drop dead gorgeous. I mean, breathtakingly beautiful. The photos do not do it justice. The dial is simply stunning and changes according to how the light hits it, transitioning from a flat silver to the hallmark sparkling 'linen' effect, somewhat reminiscent of the Grand Seiko snowflake dial.

She is quite small at 34mm wide, 36mm with crown. The time is delightfully easy to read and the watch has been spot on accurate over 2 days, although the absence of a secondhand means that precision is somewhat difficult to gauge. Suffice it to say that the big hand is where it needs to be at the appropriate time. The beat is just audible in a quiet room at 12 inches.

She's in overall very nice condition, not pristine but certainly more than good enough to be an admired wearer.

I am overjoyed with this purchase (as in dog with multiple tails) and look forward to wearing this watch often in my rotation.

So, here's the photos. I tried, and largely failed, to get pics showing the subtlety of the dial changing in the light, and yet it still looks great. Enjoy!

WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: She's here! Seiko Chariot Hi-Beat

Post by tempusmaximus »

The dial is stunning , a very classy looking watch . Its a lovely addition to your collection , enjoy .
Bernie
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Arbor22 »

+1 on that, its a beauty. Enjoy :thumbup:
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by My Name Is Pete »

That really is gorgeous. If I had that, I'd be as happy as you.
Pete
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-fourb: yes

Post by robert75 »

Very unusual dial but Seiko do stand out as a company that love to do something different. I have a few vintage Seiko's and hope to have a Bullhead incoming soon. I have one high beat Seiko but I think I may turn my attention back to getting a few more.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

A splendid specimen from my most favourite watchmaker. The condition appears to be near mint if not NIB, stunning find and I am awfully jealous.

Sent from my Le X620 using Tapatalk
Incoming: 0