C65 Trident Bronze Ombré in the Spring sunshine

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

C65 Trident Bronze Ombré in the Spring sunshine

Post by OrangeNato »

My first CW watch was delivered this week after ordering in the recent 15% off promotion, it was nice to have something to look forward to in these difficult times. I'd first seen the C65 Bronze in an article in Men's Health magazine, and liked the idea of a watch that is unique to each owner as it ages. I must admit that I was tempted by lots of other watches, before circling back round to this one. Today's the first day I've had chance to sit down and properly appreciate the watch. I am glad I went for the leather strap as it works well with the bronze face.
Attached are a few photos that I took in the spring sunshine.
Take care everyone.

Face.JPG
Angle.JPG
Wrist.jpg
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: C65 Trident Bronze Ombré in the Spring sunshine

Post by Thunder1 »

Terrific pick up!!!..The Watch Gods all raise horns filled w/ their finest ales in salute to your fine haul...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Great pics :clap: a bit of sunshine is what we need plus a few rainbows in our windows

🌈🌈🌈🌈
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

I bought the same watch during the Spring sale. It's surprising how you don't really see the detail in the dial inside but it really comes to life in the sunshine/daylight.

Here's a quick shot of mine:
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Oh, do please stop teasing!
I have one of these on my radar for ages, but always seem to miss out whenever they come up on CW’s clearance offers.
Lovely watch, I hope you get as much pleasure from it as you currently seem to be doing.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

Budman2k wrote:I bought the same watch during the Spring sale. It's surprising how you don't really see the detail in the dial inside but it really comes to life in the sunshine/daylight.

Here's a quick shot of mine:
Looks good Image.
I see you went for the distressed leather too. I almost chose the canvas webbing as I was worried the distressing on the leather would be over top. I am glad I chose it though, goes well with jeans and my brown leather boots.
Thinking I'll get myself a black leather strap at some point to be a bit dressier, the Hirsch Boston had caught my eye as they do a 22mm in medium and it has quick release. I was thinking of wearing it at a wedding in May, but that has now been postponed until next year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Great photos. I've got the same distressed leather on mine, it does go very well with the scratched Ombre dial.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Some lovely photographs there.

It really is an excellent watch.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Echoing scooter - Your second angle photo in the original post is fantastic
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Even the logo works well with this watch. Maybe someone will notice that a properly contrasting logo counters the wierd name positioning... :0)
OrangeNato
Junior
Junior

Post by OrangeNato »

I've been waiting for a special occasion to wear the Bronze Ombre, but today I've cracked as not sure when that would be. It is Friday night after all and that is a good enough excuse.

C60 PVD face.jpg
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Just picked one up for $750.00 fishin' on the 'bay..it'll be joining this fine herd in about a week, if all goes well..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm Just picked one up for $750.00 fishin' on the 'bay..it'll be joining this fine herd in about a week, if all goes well..
You got a hell of deal my friend!

Budman
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Budman2k wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:58 am
Thunder1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm Just picked one up for $750.00 fishin' on the 'bay..it'll be joining this fine herd in about a week, if all goes well..
You got a hell of deal my friend!

Budman
And you can bet that you had a hand(or wrist?) in that decision :)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

I'm sure you're going to like the Ombre, Chuck.

Photos when it arrives, or it didn't happen!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way