Incoming! Steinhart

A place to discuss other watch-brands
DanV
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Incoming! Steinhart

Post by DanV »

WalterSMonaco wrote:I bought the same watch for my cousin after he graduated medical school. He loves his. I was thinking about picking one up
Do it! Hopefully it fits me well enough as i have small wrists but it looks fantastic online. Haven’t seen one in person but hopefully it’ll be here in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 Trident GMT, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Tag Heuer Aqauracer Calibre 500, Orient Blue Ray
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

I like it. The main thing I hate about the Rolex version is the gaudy Mercedes hands. This watch looks much, much better. It looks contemporary whereas the Rolex looks trapped in a bygone era, and a hideously bygone era at that.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

I have this model and love it. Congrats on the pickup!
Best regards,
John
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

That's a fine looking watch: we'll need more photos.......
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

As a Steiny aficionado, I'm a big fan..many a Watch God raise ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a** pick up...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
DanV
Senior
Senior

Post by DanV »

Thunder1 wrote:As a Steiny aficionado, I'm a big fan..many a Watch God raise ale filled gourds in salute to your fine a** pick up...
Amen to that! I’ll be quaffing in illustrious company soon.

CW C60 Trident GMT, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Tag Heuer Aqauracer Calibre 500, Orient Blue Ray
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Coincidentally
PXL_20210223_151758031.jpg
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
DanV
Senior
Senior

Post by DanV »

Back to square 1 - Neil at Chronomaster found a fault with the watch he was due to send me, and can’t get any more in for a couple of weeks. Now in the process of getting a refund and reordering direct from Steinhart. Frustrating! Glad he found the issue before sending it out though.

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

When these first came out, the larger size, I recall thinking the bezel, case, and bracelet titanium didn’t match color particularly well.

Is this still the case?
DanV
Senior
Senior

Post by DanV »

I’ve seen that mentioned by a number of people, yes. I think the general consensus is the 39 mil steel version works better overall.

Now I’m being refunded I’m starting to have second thoughts and wondering if I should order the c65 super compressor instead. Argh!!

Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

DanV wrote:Back to square 1 - Neil at Chronomaster found a fault with the watch he was due to send me, and can’t get any more in for a couple of weeks. Now in the process of getting a refund and reordering direct from Steinhart. Frustrating! Glad he found the issue before sending it out though.

Gnomon has them in stock I believe and fast shipping.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

DanV
Senior
Senior

Post by DanV »

Probably quicker and greener to get one from Germany rather than Singapore I reckon (I’m in UK) but that’s an option.

Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

DanV wrote:Probably quicker and greener to get one from Germany rather than Singapore I reckon (I’m in UK) but that’s an option.

My Gnomon purchases with DHL shipping show up in 3-4 days to the US and with zero extortion fees that apparently originate from doing business in the EU. I have no idea why a $1000 CW watch has a $140 extortion charge from DHL, but a $2500 DHL shipment from Singapore has no extortion fee.

I’m not paying it anymore, regardless.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Robotaz wrote:
DanV wrote:Probably quicker and greener to get one from Germany rather than Singapore I reckon (I’m in UK) but that’s an option.

My Gnomon purchases with DHL shipping show up in 3-4 days to the US and with zero extortion fees that apparently originate from doing business in the EU. I have no idea why a $1000 CW watch has a $140 extortion charge from DHL, but a $2500 DHL shipment from Singapore has no extortion fee.

I’m not paying it anymore, regardless.
Good point, never had a customs fee with them. Only when I've received watches from Europe.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

DanV
Senior
Senior

Post by DanV »

Interesting, maybe I will go with Gnomon then! Otherwise its 24 percent VAT and duty on top