What would you change about your CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jayb1907
Senior
Senior

Re: What would you change about your CW?

Post by jayb1907 »

Ever since the new logo I’ve come away from the brand, I keep returning in hopes the logo changes but to no avail. Cannot tell you how disappointed I was when they announced the logo was changing. I like no I love the whole trident theme and the seconds hand trident counter balance is one of if not my favourite aesthetic on any watch that immediately comes to mind. But the logo change was enough to make me come away completely. Love the new sapphire blue and smoke but the logo again is the killer I think.
By logo I mean the (Christopher ward) not the flag.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

As others have said, screw down crown on the C65. I’ve popped the crown several times by just taking something out of my pocket, so annoying.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:13 pm Oh, I'd change the logo. Don't care where they put it but I'd prefer it said Vacheron-Constantin or Piaget.
Classic :D :lol: :D :thumbup:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm As others have said, screw down crown on the C65. I’ve popped the crown several times by just taking something out of my pocket, so annoying.
I believe that all C65 watches will have a screw down crown going forward. This was mentioned by Mike France in his March 2020 interview with WatchPro.
Mark
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm As others have said, screw down crown on the C65. I’ve popped the crown several times by just taking something out of my pocket, so annoying.
I believe that all C65 watches will have a screw down crown going forward. This was mentioned by Mike France in his March 2020 interview with WatchPro.
I did not know that, main reason why I had shied away from another C65.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm
albionphoto wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
I did not know that, main reason why I had shied away from another C65.
Right now I think everything except the GMT and Cranwell has a screw down crown.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

AFAIK rkovars is correct. Only two C65 models DO NOT have screw down crowns. I wonder if/when CW will update the Cranwell?
Mark
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jayb1907 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:49 pm Ever since the new logo I’ve come away from the brand, I keep returning in hopes the logo changes but to no avail. Cannot tell you how disappointed I was when they announced the logo was changing. I like no I love the whole trident theme and the seconds hand trident counter balance is one of if not my favourite aesthetic on any watch that immediately comes to mind. But the logo change was enough to make me come away completely. Love the new sapphire blue and smoke but the logo again is the killer I think.
By logo I mean the (Christopher ward) not the flag.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I'd like a bigger lume pop on the seconds hand and a little finer finishing on the bracelet like the nice bevel the Monta bracelet has. Monta photo from the internet. ImageImage

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Would I want to change anything? Nope.

If I like it; I'll buy, or consider buying, it.

If I don't like it, I won't.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

IMG_9504.jpg
A better colour match for the CW blue tropic strap on the C65 Deep Blue would be good...
Ian
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

The only thing I’d like to see is CW put some more effort into the end link fitment with the case. I’m not saying it isn’t already acceptable. I just know that improving that would really take the fit and finish to another level. I think they’re ready for that.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I'd love to be able to buy a C60 rubber strap, on deployant, with curved ends to hug the case (as they've had in the past or like the Omega PO's and Seamasters)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Viognier wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm I'd love to be able to buy a C60 rubber strap, on deployant, with curved ends to hug the case (as they've had in the past or like the Omega PO's and Seamasters)
Great idea.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Viognier wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm I'd love to be able to buy a C60 rubber strap, on deployant, with curved ends to hug the case (as they've had in the past or like the Omega PO's and Seamasters)
Yes kind of like how the C6 Kingfisher rubber strap hugged your wrist and was curved and flush with the case.