Frustrating service...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Watchgeek

Re: Frustrating service...

Post by Watchgeek »

Hi there, apologies..should have added more detail. The elite 1000 was a 3 hander red/black combo, not gmt...sorry for any confusion. Most recent issue I had with a CW gmt was with a C8 UTC worldtimer, both hour hand and gmt hand were out of whack. Gmt by a solid 5-6 mins. In the case of the C8, that did go off for repair in 2019 (3 months for repair) and when returned was all in order. Cheers.
Watchgeek

Post by Watchgeek »

This is how the first elite 1000 was returned to me...just being able to photograph the contaminant (between 3 and 4 hr markers) shows how obtrusive it was...in the flesh, it’s staggeringly obvious...as to how that got past a technician is anyone’s guess...5 months in at this point.
Attachments
3EE38A63-4DAB-4FFA-953B-EB5461646A77.jpeg
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Such a shame. That’s a beautiful watch and to be plagued with these quality issues
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
steenan

Post by steenan »

That's another wow - should never have made it out of QC once, let alone twice. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but hand misalignment couldn't be caused by shock and could only have been at build time?

Thanks for the pics both - I don't think I'll let it put me off what is a lovely watch, but I will be very alert for issues before removing the tags!
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Watchgeek wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:32 pmThe reason why repair takes months is that they have so many returns, that’s the truth of it...it was 3 months before C19 happened.
I would be interested to know how you know, that CW has ‘many returns’. I can’t see that CW would advertise this, or have I missed something? Asking for a friend who is thinking about making a purchase and has read your post.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 pm
Watchgeek wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:32 pmThe reason why repair takes months is that they have so many returns, that’s the truth of it...it was 3 months before C19 happened.
I would be interested to know how you know, that CW has ‘many returns’. I can’t see that CW would advertise this, or have I missed something? Asking for a friend who is thinking about making a purchase and has read your post.
In my experience three months is about average for a full service. The two times I sent in my 1675 to RSC they quoted 3-4 months and it took 3-4 months. The first time I sent it in was in 1993. I don't think the time has changed much. I never understood the complaints about servicing wait times. The time frames seemed normal to me (if not very good during COVID).
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

^^^^No different than the wait time I had at the Omega Service Centre in Southampton for the repair to my PO.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm ^^^^No different than the wait time I had at the Omega Service Centre in Southampton for the repair to my PO.
But did you then have to send it back for another 3 months because it came back in a worse state than it went in?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

We've had these discussions about service times before I think? I can't understand WHY anyone should have to be without their watch for 3-4 months. When my car needs a service, I don't drop it off and then wait for the garage to bring it back when they get round to doing the job. CW pride themselves on being innovative so I cannot understand how a service or repair can't be booked, with the owners having the responsibility to get their watch in on time. Is it so much more difficult than that?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:13 pm
Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm ^^^^No different than the wait time I had at the Omega Service Centre in Southampton for the repair to my PO.
But did you then have to send it back for another 3 months because it came back in a worse state than it went in?
Yes, because they damaged the crystal. In total I was without the watch for 6 months. However, the wait was worth it.
Richard

Watchgeek

Post by Watchgeek »

To answer the question about why I say that repair takes so long due to so many returns...This is pasted from an email from customer services.....hardly reassuring is it....

the reason for the slightly longer repair schedule is due to the volume of watches we have had back over the past couple of months
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Not reassuring at all...
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

It doesn't sound reassuring, but need to factor in the face changes on the C60 Abyss SH21 (600m to 3000m) which mus have taken a bit of time as they would be dealing with stock as well as sold watches.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

exHowfener wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 pm We've had these discussions about service times before I think? I can't understand WHY anyone should have to be without their watch for 3-4 months. When my car needs a service, I don't drop it off and then wait for the garage to bring it back when they get round to doing the job. CW pride themselves on being innovative so I cannot understand how a service or repair can't be booked, with the owners having the responsibility to get their watch in on time. Is it so much more difficult than that?
I would be interested to hear any negative comments on this post.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

scooter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:10 am
exHowfener wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 pm We've had these discussions about service times before I think? I can't understand WHY anyone should have to be without their watch for 3-4 months. When my car needs a service, I don't drop it off and then wait for the garage to bring it back when they get round to doing the job. CW pride themselves on being innovative so I cannot understand how a service or repair can't be booked, with the owners having the responsibility to get their watch in on time. Is it so much more difficult than that?
I would be interested to hear any negative comments on this post.

scooter
You’re right, a booking system would make much more sense. However, I suspect that the booking conversation would go something like this; “ well, let me just check Mr Thermexman, it’s Jan 1st today, so let me see, can you drop the watch in on 1st April?” “We’ll need to check it and get back to you with a diagnosis so we will probably need it all week”.

Let’s face it, CW don’t have any extra people to do the work so all that will change is that your faulty watch stays in your possession, while it waits in line.
Steve.