Obsessional behaviour or not?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Obsessional behaviour or not?

Post by Richard D »

missF’s recent post ‘How to take better wrist shots on a phone’ left me thinking about how often do I take a photograph of a watch. Not only how often, but when and where.

I find myself taking multiple shots each day on and off the wrist, indoors and outdoors from place to place. Many photographs are deleted whilst others I might PhotoShop. Some might call this obsessional behaviour, I would like to think it adds to my enjoyment in collecting watches. Am I alone?

98558E6A-EF27-4566-9FCB-86BDE560436D.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: Obsessional behaviour or not?

Post by missF »

You won’t be alone, though I suspect it will be a matter of degree!
I don’t take wrist shots where anyone will see me! I think it might be harder to explain away as a girl!!

Edit: i’m pretty sure that if I could take better pics then i’f Take more of them.

Edit edit: After the thread about wristshots I ‘m considering upgrading my old phone for one with a better camera :lol:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I take LOADS of photos of my wristwatches........but I do so for the love of watches so I figure it's okay.
I also just upgraded my Phone to get an even better camera Lindsey !
I got the Huawei P30 Pro.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Not obsessive, just passionate! I do the same. Not quite as many as you, but I delete all but the very best from each session. I do get some eye rolls from the wife sometimes.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It doesn't harm having photos of watches and jewellery. You never know when you might need them, unfortunately.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

It's not obsessive, it's just what you can easily do using digital media. Now if you were taking hundreds of photos using a film camera that could be different. And the more you take, the better your chances are of getting a great shot. It's how professional photographers work.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Hello there

Have you considered, doing a photo mosaic, I googled wristwatch photo mosaics, but all I got were portraits etc.
I did this for my brother's 1st Anniversary present, from all his honeymoon pictures.
It was very affective, and close up, you can inspect each individual picture.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

magicman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:05 pm Hello there

Have you considered, doing a photo mosaic, I googled wristwatch photo mosaics, but all I got were portraits etc.
I did this for my brother's 1st Anniversary present, from all his honeymoon pictures.

Regards Steve
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Richard D’s initial post! It would be neat to see a photo mosaic of his favorite watch using shots of all his watches.
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

missF wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:00 pmAfter the thread about wristshots I ‘m considering upgrading my old phone for one with a better camera :lol:
........ as good a reason to invest in a new telephone. :wink:
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Regards Steve
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Richard D’s initial post! It would be neat to see a photo mosaic of his favorite watch using shots of all his watches.
Just might try that but I doubt that my wife would be impressed. She already thinks I’m odd. :lol: Now if were of my grandchildren that would be a completely different story. :D
Richard

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Richard D wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:24 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Regards Steve
Just might try that but I doubt that my wife would be impressed. She already thinks I’m odd. :lol: Now if were of my grandchildren that would be a completely different story. :D
There was an earlier thread about competitions with prizes here on the forum. Maybe the admin team ought to offer a competition where the prize is a photo mosaic portrait of the winner made from all your watch photographs! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drew
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 pmThere was an earlier thread about competitions with prizes here on the forum. Maybe the admin team ought to offer a competition where the prize is a photo mosaic portrait of the winner made from all your watch photographs! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be as exciting as watching paint dry. :yawn: :lol:
Richard

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 pm There was an earlier thread about competitions with prizes here on the forum. Maybe the admin team ought to offer a competition where the prize is a photo mosaic portrait of the winner made from all your watch photographs! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for volunteering to make the Mosaic, Andrew.

On the original question, I must admit that I used to take many more watch photographs than I do these days. In fact, I now rarely take them. Mostly I just wear the things. Occasionally I will post one and then probably delete it from whatever device it happens to be on. I’ve kept a few good ones but not so many as some people seem to have.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I've just gone into me Flickr account and have 519 pictures (out of a total number of 878 pictures) of watches:
The top 3 photographed watches:
1st.jpg
ZERO WEST S1 Spitfire = 39
ZERO WEST S1 Spitfire.jpg
2nd.jpg
PINION Axis Bronze = 38
PINION Axis Broze.jpg
3rd.jpg
CHOPARD GPdM = 33
CHOPARD GPdM.jpg
Then, the most photographed CW
C9 AM GT LE = 26
C9 AM GT LE.jpg
But then I have 205 photos of my car that I've been doing up.
Jaguar X-type.jpg
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

^^^^^the Zero West has a important story to tell.
Richard