Discuss Christopher Ward watches
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW brand ambassadors

Post by exHowfener »

Better for GS
Well, he did advertise Suntory Whisky. That aside, domestic violence is a crime, not a joke.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

exHowfener wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:20 pm That aside, domestic violence is a crime, not a joke.
You beat me to it and expressed far better than I could have.
Drew
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

If we’re focusing on Bonds here, I’ll take George Lazenby as the face of CW. He doesn’t get enough love for On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, if you ask me.
Drew
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

If we’re focusing on Bonds here, I’ll take George Lazenby as the face of CW. He doesn’t get enough love for On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, if you ask me
I think he's great in that film, he had the misfortune to follow Sean Connery, basically he was criticised for not being SC (also fell out with the producers) but once you've seen the Roger Moore Bond, well ...
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I see Brosnan and think of Mamma Mia I'm afraid and his attempts at singing. [-X
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:04 pm I see Brosnan and think of Mamma Mia I'm afraid and his attempts at singing. [-X
i can never unsee, or unhear that. Thank you very much for bring it back into my conscious mind.
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

exHowfener wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am
If we’re focusing on Bonds here, I’ll take George Lazenby as the face of CW. He doesn’t get enough love for On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, if you ask me
I think he's great in that film, he had the misfortune to follow Sean Connery, basically he was criticised for not being SC (also fell out with the producers) but once you've seen the Roger Moore Bond, well ...
I’ll always have love for Roger Moore as Bond. He was the Bond of my youth when I first discovered James Bond. These days, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are the only Roger Moore era movies I’ll watch repeatedly.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 pm I’ll always have love for Roger Moore as Bond. He was the Bond of my youth when I first discovered James Bond. These days, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are the only Roger Moore era movies I’ll watch repeatedly.
Same here Andrew.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:04 pm I see Brosnan and think of Mamma Mia I'm afraid and his attempts at singing. [-X
Or his dreadful dancing in the awful re-hash of Thomas Crown Affair.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 pm

I’ll always have love for Roger Moore as Bond. He was the Bond of my youth when I first discovered James Bond. These days, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are the only Roger Moore era movies I’ll watch repeatedly.
I was just thinking the exact same thing, although, probably being a tad older than you two, I'd add Live & let Die, from 1973. Roger's first foray into Bondage.Or should that be Bondism?
Steve.
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

Oh man that was BAD wasn't it. I was shocked they didn't just use a voice over for his singing parts. :shock:
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

MichaelMD wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
I see Brosnan and think of Mamma Mia I'm afraid and his attempts at singing. [-X

Oh man that was BAD wasn't it. I was shocked they didn't just use a voice over for his singing parts. :shock:
I think they told him not to worry and just go for it because they'd over dub him, then didn't! For the "crack".
Steve.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Thermexman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:30 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 pm

I was just thinking the exact same thing, although, probably being a tad older than you two, I'd add Live & let Die, from 1973. Roger's first foray into Bondage.Or should that be Bondism?
I thought long and hard about whether or not to include Live and Let Die because I do enjoy that one. But being 3 at the time it came out, it would a bit of a stretch for me to say I remember it from my childhood! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now The Spy Who Loved Me, OMG that might have been a defining moment for my childhood! It had everything: near naked ladies dancing around in the intro, a car that turns into a sub (I had the Corgi Lotus as a kid!), an underwater lair, submarines, a tanker that gobbles up submarines, lots of guns! Man, what more could you ask for?!
Drew
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

For me, "Live and let Die" was the best Roger Moore Bond. I thought that once the "Jaws" character was introduced, they got a bit silly, but perhaps I was just growing up. My first Bond at the cinema was "You only live twice" and even now all these years later the opening song takes me right back to the Odeon cinema in Bolton. It was on as a double bill with "From Russia with love". Robert Shaw was in that. Born in my home town. He was (apparently) a friend on one of my Uncle's as a boy. By an odd (and rather sad) co-incidence they both died at the same age, of the same cause.