Fell in love with my son's C65 Trident GMT

Documentation and CW-related information
ShaunMcGill
CW-watches: 1

Fell in love with my son's C65 Trident GMT

Post by ShaunMcGill »

We bought the black C65 Trident GMT for my son and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Strangely, the Pepsi version is a completely different beast and didn't catch me the same way. I posted some thoughts here- https://mcgst.com/2021/02/17/christophe ... pressions/
Shaun McGill
McGST
http://McGST.com
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Fell in love with my son's C65 Trident GMT

Post by ajax87 »

I really enjoyed reading that review, thank you. I think you definitely DO need more CWs in the family! Would you get the C65 gmt black like your son, or has something else in the catalog caught your fancy?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The c65 is a lovely design. Vintage feel, interesting side view, and wears small because of that I think, although both of mine are hand winders. Certainly no slab sided hulk. My two aren't COSC, but they still perform to within a couple of seconds at most.
Here's a link to another thread with my 2. download/file.php?id=21951
ShaunMcGill

Post by ShaunMcGill »

Agree about the accuracy. So far after one week it is 6 seconds ahead. There must be some regulation of the movement done by CW.
Shaun McGill
McGST
ShaunMcGill

Post by ShaunMcGill »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:31 am I really enjoyed reading that review, thank you. I think you definitely DO need more CWs in the family! Would you get the C65 gmt black like your son, or has something else in the catalog caught your fancy?
Well, he is not convinced by it at all which is a shame. He has a Black Bay 58 which he bought himself after saving money from his part-time job (he is at Uni currently) and ultimately wants a vintage 16700 Rolex GMT Master, but the CW did not work for him. The good part is that it worked for me instantly and it hasn't been off my wrist so we still owe him a 21st birthday present :problem:

My Oris has been sold and this is now my current daily wearer. As for other CWs, maybe at some point. I really like the brand and am looking forward to seeing what they do with their designs in the future.
Shaun McGill
McGST
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

ShaunMcGill wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:13 am
ajax87 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:31 am I really enjoyed reading that review, thank you. I think you definitely DO need more CWs in the family! Would you get the C65 gmt black like your son, or has something else in the catalog caught your fancy?
Well, he is not convinced by it at all which is a shame. He has a Black Bay 58 which he bought himself after saving money from his part-time job (he is at Uni currently) and ultimately wants a vintage 16700 Rolex GMT Master, but the CW did not work for him. The good part is that it worked for me instantly and it hasn't been off my wrist so we still owe him a 21st birthday present :problem:

My Oris has been sold and this is now my current daily wearer. As for other CWs, maybe at some point. I really like the brand and am looking forward to seeing what they do with their designs in the future.
Two very special watches for sure, worthy aspirations for anybody! Maybe he’ll see the CW light in time, as he ages :D

CW has teased some pretty cool things supposedly coming this year. Looking forward to it too.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

I'm being swayed towards a Pepsi,too tempting.
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
biglove
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by biglove »

Great review and pics. Can't wait to pick one up.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.