Customs Tax Hold

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Customs Tax Hold

Post by MichaelMD »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm Just paid the $90.13. Let's hope it still arrives today!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
You should be good to go, but with DHL you never know.

I got to that step, then "out for delivery," following by four days of back and forth to finally get it to my door. They kept saying incorrect address and the address was correct. Everytime I would call they would say, yep we checked your address on GoogleMaps and it checks out. Had out for delivery notices three straight days, then in finally showed up on day four. Always an adventure with DHL
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Says it in town at the facility!

MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:49 pm Says it in town at the facility!

Sounds good. Great watch by the way. Make sure to post some pics! :thumbup:
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

MichaelMD wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:46 pm
Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm Just paid the $90.13. Let's hope it still arrives today!

You should be good to go, but with DHL you never know.

I got to that step, then "out for delivery," following by four days of back and forth to finally get it to my door. They kept saying incorrect address and the address was correct. Everytime I would call they would say, yep we checked your address on GoogleMaps and it checks out. Had out for delivery notices three straight days, then in finally showed up on day four. Always an adventure with DHL
That’s sounds EXACTLY like the delivery experience my wife had with DHL.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:49 pm Says it in town at the facility!

Excellent! Be sure to post some pics when you get it, maybe even an unboxing video.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

+1 ^
Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Wish I had something to hold my phone for a video but there will be pictures for sure.

Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Well, the customs stuff got sorted to late for today so tomorrow by 5.

Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

It has arrived and wow what a stunner! Didn't get to digest the includes too much. I do love the touch of the CEO Mr. France personally writing my name and signing the warranty I think it was. Also nice that the manual is designed specifically for the model and not a generic 1. I got it sized for a 17cm wrist from them. I have it on the last micro slot. Might have to put a link in if it ever warms up. ImageImage

Magnoliacorner

Post by Magnoliacorner »

I just paid duties on my C60 Trident LE Blue today. It is scheduled for delivery Monday. When I went to to DHL website later is showed when it sent the request for payment and when I paid it, and still shows delivery for Monday. Can’t wait for it.
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:58 am It has arrived and wow what a stunner! Didn't get to digest the includes too much. I do love the touch of the CEO Mr. France personally writing my name and signing the warranty I think it was. Also nice that the manual is designed specifically for the model and not a generic 1. I got it sized for a 17cm wrist from them. I have it on the last micro slot. Might have to put a link in if it ever warms up. ImageImage

Glad it all worked out smoothly. That is a fantastic watch. If I didn't already have two blue watches I would be picking one up. :thumbup:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Nice! It is a good feeling when it is finally in hand!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Congratulations and enjoy! I had to endure the Customs hold with my Sandstorm. DHL were decently prompt. My only issue was that I wanted signature delivery, rather than having the package left at my mailbox like they did with a previous delivery. DHL simply left it at the mailbox again. :/ I was home so I could collect it before someone else did.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MichaelMD »

thomcat00 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:46 am Congratulations and enjoy! I had to endure the Customs hold with my Sandstorm. DHL were decently prompt. My only issue was that I wanted signature delivery, rather than having the package left at my mailbox like they did with a previous delivery. DHL simply left it at the mailbox again. :/ I was home so I could collect it before someone else did.
Same thing here. It was delivered adult signature required. I was here when they showed up (luckily) and they snuck up to the steps in front of my porch, left it right on the edge of the top step, and didn't even walk on the porch or ring the door bell. Ridiculous. Good thing I live in a very safe neighborhood and was home at the time to see them arrive. Guess it's too much to ask that at a minimum they ring the doorbell and witness an adult answer like UPS does.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

thomcat00 wrote:Congratulations and enjoy! I had to endure the Customs hold with my Sandstorm. DHL were decently prompt. My only issue was that I wanted signature delivery, rather than having the package left at my mailbox like they did with a previous delivery. DHL simply left it at the mailbox again. :/ I was home so I could collect it before someone else did.
That would bother me big time.