NN strap and bracelet sale is back up.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: NN strap and bracelet sale is back up.

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 pm
ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm A voice inside me was telling me “don’t buy it just because it’s on sale”.
Do you not have that second voice, like I do, that yells at the first voice, “Shut the h*ll up! You don’t know what you’re talking about?” :lol:
That voice is my best friend! :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:27 pm Related note, does anyone know how far CW 22mm straps taper? 20mm or 18mm? Is it same for all or different strap to strap? There’s no buckle measurement on the website. I could wait for receipt to measure, but if anyone knows then give me a holler!
Straps taper by 2mm i.e. 22mm taper to 20mm. 20mm taper to 18mm.

There are some variances on bracelets which I'm not sure about.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm
ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:27 pm Related note, does anyone know how far CW 22mm straps taper? 20mm or 18mm? Is it same for all or different strap to strap? There’s no buckle measurement on the website. I could wait for receipt to measure, but if anyone knows then give me a holler!
Straps taper by 2mm i.e. 22mm taper to 20mm. 20mm taper to 18mm.

There are some variances on bracelets which I'm not sure about.

Guy
Much appreciated, Guy. Hoping to have a deployant waiting for when the straps arrive.

I was surprised when the bracelet taper question came up in a thread a couple weeks ago to find that the 22mm bracelets taper down to 18mm, then have a 20mm clasp. I verified this on my Super compressor and Abyss bracelets at least.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well, that's brilliant, guys. I was surprised to see the strap sale back on again. Thanks for the tip off.
I was after a cordovan strap, and was able to get one at 30% off. Half price would have been even better, but £80 is a lot better than £115.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:27 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:29 pm I’m going to need two more deployant or butterfly clasps now....
You’ve really got me thinking about deployant clasps lately. I just ordered an omega (bader) style deployant from strapsco to try it out. I almost ordered another cordovan strap from CW just to get another of those deployants, but thought I’d try the $25 strapsco first since the cordovan is still $91 on sale.

Related note, does anyone know how far CW 22mm straps taper? 20mm or 18mm? Is it same for all or different strap to strap? There’s no buckle measurement on the website. I could wait for receipt to measure, but if anyone knows then give me a holler!
They really have become a must for me now. I thought briefly about the cordovan for the same reason, but $91 to essentially get the clasp is as little insane. Even my second voice was saying, “Now don’t be an idiot. That’s just stupid.”

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:29 pm That voice is my best friend! :lol:
Mine too!
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:04 pm Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered two straps - black Peccary leather for my C65 AM GT LE and a brown Tiber for my Seiko diver.
Thanks also @alanrolfe01.

Like Andrew I've picked up a black/red Peccary, but for my C7 Apex. Image Image

Guy

Edit; PS> Also taken a C60 Trident mk3 42mm bracelet for my C60 Elite P'type / Apex - save me sharing one bracelet between two. :wink: :wink:
I went back in for a 22mm Mesh bracelet.

I've got an almost Mesh on my Visitor Duneshore Shallows and decided I'd like to try the Full Monty; starting on my Pinon R-1969.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
markee
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by markee »

I managed to get one too this time. Woo hoo :thumbup:
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:50 pm I went back in for a 22mm Mesh bracelet.

I've got an almost Mesh on my Visitor Duneshore Shallows and decided I'd like to try the Full Monty; starting on my Pinon R-1969.

Guy
Did the same, got a bunch of webbing and leather straps then popped back in and picked up a 22mm mesh... seemed rude not to at £50 off :thumbup:

Thinking I might try it on the C65 Super Compressor :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Yay. Got me a C65 Trident Vintage Diver bracelet.
Steve.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:26 pm
They really have become a must for me now. I thought briefly about the cordovan for the same reason, but $91 to essentially get the clasp is as little insane. Even my second voice was saying, “Now don’t be an idiot. That’s just stupid.”
It's not just the clasp though. It's the cordovan leather, quick release straps, and leather pieces sized for a bader clasp, with no keepers.

I've bought inexpensive omega type clasps from China, and I actually have some inexpensive Fullmosa straps as they come with QR pins, and removable keepers, but I am happy to pay a premium for these CW straps. $91 sounds better than our £80 to be honest, and they will last for years.

I also have a Rios cordovan strap which is great, but no QR pins, and it also has keepers.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JAFO wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:39 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:26 pm
It's not just the clasp though. It's the cordovan leather, quick release straps, and leather pieces sized for a bader clasp, with no keepers.

I've bought inexpensive omega type clasps from China, and I actually have some inexpensive Fullmosa straps as they come with QR pins, and removable keepers, but I am happy to pay a premium for these CW straps. $91 sounds better than our £80 to be honest, and they will last for years.

I also have a Rios cordovan strap which is great, but no QR pins, and it also has keepers.
Ahh, if the cordovan strap itself appeals to you, it makes more sense. I was contemplating purely for the CW Bader deployant. I wouldn’t have had any watch I’d want to use the cordovan leather strap with.

I’ll be taking a look at the deployants Watchgecko offers. I’ve been pleased with their butterfly clasps in the past.

Unless anyone here on the forum has some deployants they might be willing to part with?
Drew
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I use ebay. eg this on the UK site. There seem to be fewer very inexpensive bader/omega clasps around at the moment. Most are £15 plus.

search ebay for something like "Stainless Steel Deployant Watch Strap Folding Buckle Clasp For Omega"
I posted a link to a listing, but it didn't work correctly.

I posted a separate thread on these, The 18mm clasps for a 20/18mm bracelet are fine. The 20mm clasps for a 22/20mm bracelet just place a standard size watch strap in slightly the wrong position on my wrist, and the 20mm clasp is too shaped to give enough flexibility in placement. Strap lengths designed for a bader are a bit more equal. Rather than 120/80mm, it's more like 105/95mm
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 pm
Ahh, if the cordovan strap itself appeals to you, it makes more sense. I was contemplating purely for the CW Bader deployant. I wouldn’t have had any watch I’d want to use the cordovan leather strap with.

I’ll be taking a look at the deployants Watchgecko offers. I’ve been pleased with their butterfly clasps in the past.

Unless anyone here on the forum has some deployants they might be willing to part with?
I don’t know Andrew, I think the black cordovan would pair nicely with your C65 trident vintage for certain occasions. And the CW bader deployant is reeeaaaallly nice. There’s still a 20mm black cordovan with bader up on the sale page...
Alex
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:41 pm I don’t know Andrew, I think the black cordovan would pair nicely with your C65 trident vintage for certain occasions.
Very true, it would. But I love...LOVE...that watch on the bracelet. The few times I’ve removed the bracelet for a strap, it hasn’t lasted. Plus, I’ve got a black embossed leather strap with a CW bader deployant for my C65 Trident Vintage to scratch that itch when necessary.
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:41 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 pm

I don’t know Andrew, I think the black cordovan would pair nicely with your C65 trident vintage for certain occasions. And the CW bader deployant is reeeaaaallly nice. There’s still a 20mm black cordovan with bader up on the sale page...
+1 I bought a 22 mm for my C65 GMT a few sales ago at 50% off. It was a great deal and dresses up an all steel watch nicely.
20210217_215712575_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London