That super compressor

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
PGP_77

Re: That super compressor

Post by PGP_77 »

Hi there, new member and fellow Supercompressor owner here!

Great to see these fantastic watches. I’ve got a deep blue version and can’t stop wearing it!

I’ve got a slight concern about the mechanism too although I may just being over sensitive, as the C60 I recently bought has a rotor issue, but the SC’s rotor has a noticeable ‘click’ when spinning and it does move slightly when winding. :( I don’t really want to send both back at the same time and be completely without not recently bought watches, so I’ll keep an eye on it for now.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

I timed mine over 24 hours and it was spot on. No idea why it lost 30 mins yesterday. Rotor is still noisy.

I think I’ll just keep an eye on it for the next few weeks. I have over 59 months warranty left, so no rush if something is amiss.

Interesting to hear the new member above has a noisy rotor. Maybe others could listen and feed back too.

I did a search on Google and a few threads in noisy rotors on the CW forum. May be it is fairly normal on Sellita SW200 movements?
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

Mine is like a knocking sound, almost as though the rotors hitting something inside. Very odd. I’ve noticed today that it’s running a bit slowly too when I realised it was about 5mins behind where it should be!

I’ll be bagging it up and sending for repair tomorrow.

Edited to add, the knocking rotor noise is my C60, not the SC.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

PGP_77 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:23 pm Mine is like a knocking sound, almost as though the rotors hitting something inside. Very odd. I’ve noticed today that it’s running a bit slowly too when I realised it was about 5mins behind where it should be!

Might want to wait on that shipment... From the Services and Repairs page of their site:

Sorry! Service and repairs is closed due to UK government guidelines
Following the latest government guidelines regarding Covid-19 we have had to temporarily, reduce staffing levels in our technical team. This means we are not able to accept watches for servicing and repairs for the time being.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

PGP_77 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:23 pm Mine is like a knocking sound, almost as though the rotors hitting something inside. Very odd. I’ve noticed today that it’s running a bit slowly too when I realised it was about 5mins behind where it should be!

"when I realised it was about 5mins behind where it should be! " - that sounds like a classic example of having been set five minutes out in the first place.

Something I'm guilty of periodically. :oops: :oops:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:10 am

"when I realised it was about 5mins behind where it should be! " - that sounds like a classic example of having been set five minutes out in the first place.

Something I'm guilty of periodically. :oops: :oops:

Guy
Ha ha, could well be! I was sure it was on time the previous day.
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:48 am

Might want to wait on that shipment... From the Services and Repairs page of their site:

Sorry! Service and repairs is closed due to UK government guidelines
Following the latest government guidelines regarding Covid-19 we have had to temporarily, reduce staffing levels in our technical team. This means we are not able to accept watches for servicing and repairs for the time being.
The customer service guy I’d been emailing said they’d hope to reopen repairs this month (Feb) and mentioned that new watches with issues were being given priority.

I imagine it’ll take a while though. ☹️
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

Ok, so in a strange turn of events, putting the watch on this morning, the noise has completely stopped and I can’t feel the rotor moving when winding anymore.

Very odd. I’ll keep an eye on it, but hopefully it’s fixed itself!
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. It's completely stopped working now. :(

I'd been keeping an eye on the time and it had lost around 6 seconds in half a day, but just now I noticed it was completely dead. Won't start up with a shake or a wind of the crown.

Oh well, back it goes..
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

PGP_77 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:55 pm Well, I knew it was too good to be true. It's completely stopped working now. :(

I'd been keeping an eye on the time and it had lost around 6 seconds in half a day, but just now I noticed it was completely dead. Won't start up with a shake or a wind of the crown.

Oh well, back it goes..
That’s really unfortunate. Sorry to hear about that. Are you still talking about the C60? Or C65?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
PGP_77

Post by PGP_77 »

Sorry, I'd forgotten this was in the SuperCompressor thread, this was on the C60!

I've just messaged the customer services guy again to see if they are able to reopen the repairs dept. this month. I guess I might as well send it in anyway, it's no use as it is!
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

PGP_77 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:18 pm Sorry, I'd forgotten this was in the SuperCompressor thread, this was on the C60!

I've just messaged the customer services guy again to see if there are able to reopen the repairs dept. this month. I guess I might as well send it in anyway, it's no use as it is!
True, might as well just send it. Hope they open soon, I’m sending my super compressor in tomorrow to remove debris from the underside of the crystal.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

They are still working in the repair department but on much reduced hours and a rota system.
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

jesierras wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:18 am I decided prior to the sale that I wanted a super compressor. I live in the US so it seems like they processed my order later than others. Didn’t matter however as long as it showed up. It arrived today and this was one of the few CW watches I purchased that I didn’t need it to grow on me. The watch is stunning and beautifully designed. Far more watch then what I paid. It looks amazing on the bracelet. The internal bezel makes the watch seem smaller on wrist which was a welcome surprise. Definitely a keeper. If you were debating on picking this one up, I would say do it. It’s CW watch #8 for me and one of my favorite and not just because it is new.
I just got mine. It is the discontinued version with the brown dial, but that's great, because it is the colourway I wanted. I have been a bit unfortunate in the sense mine doesn't actually tell the time very well, and is quite inaccurate, but other than that it is a stunning watch, and has leapt to the top of my favourite timepieces. Well, until I buy my next one of course :D
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Wiggles wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:51 pm mine doesn't actually tell the time very well, and is quite inaccurate,
How many threads on this topic do you want? ](*,)