Loupe - Issue 20 - Spring 21

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Loupe - Issue 20 - Spring 21

Post by JAFO »

I just had a letter from CW today with a discount coupon, and an unwrapped copy of Loupe pushed through the door. I don't know if the Loupe was distributed by RM. I assume so. Strange it was unwrapped. The CW letter was under licence, so I presume they sent the letter and the magazine together. Anyway, I can't look at the mag just now, so something to enjoy shortly with a coffee.

[edit. I just realised the mailing label is actually printed on the back cover of the magazine. That must be a tricky exercise. Lucky it wasn't raining. I suppose it's no different to a newspaper delivery. Just struck me as strange that it was not inside a protective cover. ]
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: Loupe - Issue 20 - Spring 21

Post by monkeymax »

Looking forward to reading this when it's available online! Really hoping I don't get sent a paper copy (again) to the old address!
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Can't wait to read, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully waiting for me when I get back home.
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Had a brief flick through Loupe. A couple of new releases, mainly based on the C60 (sorry, AVO) plus the detail on the new lumed Worldtimer. I look forward to seeing some of the releases in detail. No mention of the Aero that I could see on first glance.....
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

The new sapphire and worldtimer are now on CW’s website
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Received my copy this morning. Yes, it's distributed by RM. Hasn't come in a wrapper for a couple of years now. It was/is raining and in perfect condition, as was the rest of my mail.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 am Received my copy this morning. Yes, it's distributed by RM. Hasn't come in a wrapper for a couple of years now. It was/is raining and in perfect condition, as was the rest of my mail.
I assume mine has come unwrapped like this before then, and I just never really noticed.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

monkeymax wrote:Looking forward to reading this when it's available online! Really hoping I don't get sent a paper copy (again) to the old address!
Its available to read / download in the CWArchive

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

When i look at our postie i couldn't care less how the mail was delivered.... she is :thumbup:
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Interestingly (to me at least) today's issue of Loupe and the accompanying voucher were addressed to my wife. Since she bought me a watch for Christmas, I guess she has usurped me from the CW mailing list!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I received an email about the new issue of Loupe and as usual it says click here to get your copy, which I did but for the first time in doing so I received an email back saying that I'm now on the list and that my copy of Loupe is on its way.
Fingers crossed I'm back on the list.
Also with the whole Brexit thing, I believe they are sent from Holland so hopefully should be no problems.
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

There was me, all excited, reading through the new edition, and got even more excited when I came across the C60 sapphire black only to see that it's only available in 40mm grrrrr
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Black Sapphire looks interesting. Kind of had half an eye on the blue, but black is more my colour anyway. Might take a closer look later...

I am very curious about the Sealander model. Light-Catcher case, half way house between diver and dress? I just really hope it comes with 38mm or 40mm sizes?

Time will tell

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

So the C60 Sealander sounds like the Aqua Terra type of sports watch that Mike has promised/teased for so long.

Hopefully released in the full range of sizes inc. 38mm.

Another interesting mention is that the black sapphire dial isn't achieved using a polycarbonate disc like the blue model, but smoked instead (no details provided).
This may appeal to members who questioned the longetivity of using plastic behind the dial in the initial offering.
Ryan
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

My copy landed this morning, along with a seperate letter containing the voucher.

No email about the sale but johnny on the spot with the magazine! Ahh well second prize is better than nowt!!!

Black Sapphire ordered straight away to partner my blue one, but the Sealander massively peaked my interest.

For those worried about the Sapphire being a bit big, I find it wears quite small. Admittedly I have a 7 1/2" wrist and I mainly wear 42/44mm divers, but its certainly not bulky.

Pic 2 is on my wrist, pic 1 is on my sons wrist which is just over 6".......
16118648664171900977681245743668.jpg
16118648173207481256394048540400.jpg

I had to hold it on his wrist to keep it still bless him :lol:

Hope that assist with any dilema a bit....? :thumbup: