LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by Kip »

Sure it does. Silly though it may seem a NN watch cannot be sold as new despite the fact that new ones are on sale, clearance or otherwise.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

No it doesn't. I realise a NN watch can't be sold as new but why would anyone, given the choice, pay more for a NN watch when the *same watch* is available NEW for less?
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

JasperCat wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm
JasperCat wrote:...my gorgeous new C8 Power Reserve which arrived today...
I hate you!
If it helps mine was steel not DLC... I really hope another DLC C8 comes up on the sale for you :thumbup:
Haha! Thank you, sir!
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

SlowLoris wrote:No it doesn't. I realise a NN watch can't be sold as new but why would anyone, given the choice, pay more for a NN watch when the *same watch* is available NEW for less?
I have to agree. The consolation for our angst is that they all sell anyway, so no harm no foul.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

There is a lot of pressure to seal a deal at sale time. if you see a NN watch that you want you may buy it. Maybe you don't look further and see the same watch was also in another list at a lower price. Maybe by the time you see it, it's too late and it's gone. Maybe the half price one had already sold, and it was the NN or nothing.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by Robotaz »

JAFO wrote:There is a lot of pressure to seal a deal at sale time. if you see a NN watch that you want you may buy it. Maybe you don't look further and see the same watch was also in another list at a lower price. Maybe by the time you see it, it's too late and it's gone. Maybe the half price one had already sold, and it was the NN or nothing.
Which really just reinforces how absurd this orgy of mouse clicking maniacs really is, if you ask me. I wish the entire process could slow down and have a little more dignity involved. The process doesn’t match the brand, in my opinion. The process matches a brand like Halios, if you ask me. I’m a big fan of Jason and his brand, but it has an unsavory note to its selling process. Frankly, so does CW.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

So what would be your solution?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I think the process is fine however if you want to slow the process down then run the sale as an auction. The end result won't be a 'sale' anymore but everybody will have a chance. Which they do now but it'd be slower. But then some people won't be happy. But some people will be. Just like now.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

Kip wrote:So what would be your solution?
I’m not sure, but if CW wants to pay me to figure it out I can. I’m expensive.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

If you do an auction then eBay type auctions are tricky because of the sniping. One alternative is a timed auction. The auction for each lot is set to end at different times. If you have a lot ending at say 8:30pm, any bid within the last five minutes extends the closing time for the lot by another ten minutes say. So no sniping, and everyone can consider whether they do want to bid again.If there are a number of watches available in each lot though it can't happen that way. They would have to have multiple lots, one for each watch. Fellows do their timed watch and jewellery auctions like this, and DVLA run car number plate sales like this as well. It's quite common. They can still have reserve prices on lots.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Renton »

JAFO wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:12 am If you do an auction then eBay type auctions are tricky because of the sniping. One alternative is a timed auction. The auction for each lot is set to end at different times. If you have a lot ending at say 8:30pm, any bid within the last five minutes extends the closing time for the lot by another ten minutes say. So no sniping, and everyone can consider whether they do want to bid again.If there are a number of watches available in each lot though it can't happen that way. They would have to have multiple lots, one for each watch. Fellows do their timed watch and jewellery auctions like this, and DVLA run car number plate sales like this as well. It's quite common. They can still have reserve prices on lots.
CollectingCars.com also employ the same policy.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

Just a reference point for others waiting on order shipment, my order #2001070** placed on Friday 8/1 has now been updated to status of "Despatched". No email notice of shipment or tracking info has been provided.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Maybe 2 series numbers are for export. Mine and others UK orders started 10024.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

JAFO wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:48 pm Maybe 2 series numbers are for export. Mine and others UK orders started 10024.
Sounds plausible, I have two more recent orders (one ordered Monday and one yesterday) and both start with 100249***.
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I bought a few watches in the sale and all shipped to the USA. Orders paid in GBP show 100*** order numbers and 200*** for the one paid in USD.

There used to be big difference between paying in GBP and USD but amounts after conversion are now almost the same. So no benefit ordering in GBP anymore if you are in the USA.