CW January ‘21 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
laughingboy
CW-watches: 7

Re: CW January ‘21 Sale

Post by laughingboy »

monkeymax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:21 am I'm still intrigued as to who managed to snag that orange sapphire! I'd love to see photos of it.
A bit gutted I was in a completely wrong time-zone so missed the initial glut of offerings, including that one!
I saw this and thought I would oblige(if photos load) I really am chuffed with it and will put it on a bracelet I think long term.
Regards Steve
ImageImageImageImage
SimonB
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by SimonB »

Apologies about the snipping about delivery.As others have said its a combination of frustration and fear that you won't get the watch.
The NN C60 40mm black arrived this morning and its an absolute beauty!
I had a Mk1 38mm but this watch is in a whole new class. I can not believe the quality of the finish, it really is a light catcher.
C3 mk 2 white
C60 mk 3 40mm black
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

SimonB wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 am Apologies about the snipping about delivery.As others have said its a combination of frustration and fear that you won't get the watch.
The NN C60 40mm black arrived this morning and its an absolute beauty!
I had a Mk1 38mm but this watch is in a whole new class. I can not believe the quality of the finish, it really is a light catcher.
No worries, everyone get's a bit concerned when stories of overselling are around. Glad yours has turned up safely too :thumbup:

I never got the tracking link to work in the end last night, but DPD delivered my C8 Power Reserve this morning and it's gorgeous :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

laughingboy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am
monkeymax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:21 am I'm still intrigued as to who managed to snag that orange sapphire! I'd love to see photos of it.
A bit gutted I was in a completely wrong time-zone so missed the initial glut of offerings, including that one!
I saw this and thought I would oblige(if photos load) I really am chuffed with it and will put it on a bracelet I think long term.
Regards Steve
ImageImageImageImage
Cracking watch there Steve :thumbup: - looks stunning in the flesh, as to say.
I had my eye on that but went for something else instead.
Really pleased it's gone to a forum member :)
Congratulations :clap:
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

laughingboy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am I saw this and thought I would oblige(if photos load) I really am chuffed with it and will put it on a bracelet I think long term.
Regards Steve
That's a looker Steve. Congratulations and thanks for posting these pics.

Any idea how the opaque orange colour is applied? Polycarb disc like the regular sapphire or applied coating?
Ryan
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 am ^^^ you bagged a couple of nice watches in this sale Brian. Nice one :clap:
Thanks Ryan, a nice little set. Blue/Yellow/Red

To think I got 3 great watches for little more than 1 of them cost at full price.

Be a tidy little profit on eBay this weekend methinks.

Just kidding, honest.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just wonder if the proliferation of bright colours has anything to do with the new Rolex "brights" popularising the idea. Or maybe Rolex caught on to the trend, and released their new colours.

Anyway, I got one of the yellow trident LEs. It looks great, seems to have a sparkly lustre, a bit like gold to me. Hard to be precise, as it's still stickered.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am
laughingboy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am
Regards Steve
ImageImageImageImage
Cracking watch there Steve :thumbup: - looks stunning in the flesh, as to say.
I had my eye on that but went for something else instead.
Really pleased it's gone to a forum member :)
Congratulations :clap:
Why didn't that make production!? looks great :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:22 am
StrappedUp wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 am ^^^ you bagged a couple of nice watches in this sale Brian. Nice one :clap:

To think I got 3 great watches for little more than 1 of them cost at full price.

Just kidding, honest.
*iwouldinsertahandgrenadeemojiificouldfindone* :lol:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:22 am

Just kidding, honest.
*iwouldinsertahandgrenadeemojiificouldfindone* :lol:
:aufsmaul:
:mrgreen:
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

laughingboy wrote:
Regards Steve
ImageImageImageImage
Thanks very much Steve! That is great! It looks like Batons and the other applied features are all floating over the orange dial. And it is a great shade of orange too in my opinion. Well done on the pick up!
Cstokes23

Post by Cstokes23 »

Has anyone received a C60 Trident Chronohraph 600 instead of a C65 Chronograph? :-k This turned up today, all the paperwork and warranty card are correct however! I'll ring Customer Service this afternoon to get it returned.
IMG_2868.jpeg
Chris_Germany

Post by Chris_Germany »

Cstokes23 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 pm Has anyone received a C60 Trident Chronohraph 600 instead of a C65 Chronograph? :-k This turned up today, all the paperwork and warranty card are correct however! I'll ring Customer Service this afternoon to get it returned.

IMG_2868.jpeg
I see a C65 in the picture? :shock:
Cstokes23

Post by Cstokes23 »

Chris_Germany wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:21 pm
Cstokes23 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 pm Has anyone received a C60 Trident Chronohraph 600 instead of a C65 Chronograph? :-k This turned up today, all the paperwork and warranty card are correct however! I'll ring Customer Service this afternoon to get it returned.

IMG_2868.jpeg
Sorry my post wasn’t that clear, I ordered the C60 and received the C65 and didn’t know if someone had got the opposite. :oops:
Chris_Germany

Post by Chris_Germany »

Cstokes23 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 pm
Chris_Germany wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:21 pm

IMG_2868.jpeg
Sorry my post wasn’t that clear, I ordered the C60 and received the C65 and didn’t know if someone had got the opposite. :oops:
Oh, i am sorry to hear that! Hope, that the customer service will get you the right watch fast!