Discuss Christopher Ward watches
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: CW January 21 sale reboot

Post by exHowfener »

Especially within hours of purchase
It doesn't bother me too much either, but they could have the decency to wait until the watch is actually in their possession before selling it on. (Screen shots of yellow C65 I'm looking at you ...)
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

StrapMeister wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:46 pm Oh NO #-o
The Birkin Blower and Al Deere are back :silent:
Being a pedant, the Al Deere never went away, as it has been consistently available since the launch of the sale two days ago, so it can't come back. :-k :-k :escape:

Nevertheless, there is at least, since this afternoon, one less available. :wink:

Agreed on the Birkin Blower though.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:41 pm
MarkingTime wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 pm I'd appreciate a heads up if the C65 SH21 (stainless case) rears its head again. :thumbup:
There’s an SH21 on the new listing......looks like the stainless to me
Thanks, but I was too late.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:23 pm
Lu.. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:32 am Sorry, still disappointed in CW.....I only one watch...didn't get an email on the sale....had to come to this forum to get the link....and then I see this retraction....this whole sale was handled poorly by CW......
Which sale have you been following?

Ok, I get that you didn't receive an email BUT. . .
The website has not crashed, is/was running smoothly and watches are now being dispatched.

Oh and ". . . I see this retraction . . .". What?

That CW identified a number of customers making purchases in breach of their Terms & Conditions and have cancelled those purchases with the sale being restocked.

C'mon.

Guy
Nice bit of moderating there. Think he was just expressing his disappointment.
It is pretty poor when you should get an email and you don't and their seems to be no apparent reason behind the hit and miss.

Plenty of people have already picked over his words and often revel in it. Not sure it needed the CW auto defence as well :thumbdown:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Its an eBay £1 listing weekend so im sure we'll see a few more.
If you missed out can always contact the ebay seller couple of days before the listing end date, tell them that you know what it sold for in the sale £x and offer maybe an appropriate markup for their time on top (£insert amount that suits you) and see what happens. They make something, better than nothing and you still achieve a good price for the watch you want.
OK, I know it won't sit well on principle with some members but its a pragmatic approach where everyone could gain something.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

jtc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:29 pm Loads more items added, including a Rosso and various other items people are after.
Thank you, job done 👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Do you think this is it, or might there be some more released next week?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Lu.. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:15 pm
tikkathree wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:25 am
Lu.. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:32 am Sorry, still disappointed in CW.....I only one watch...didn't get an email on the sale....had to come to this forum to get the link....and then I see this retraction....this whole sale was handled poorly by CW......
It's an imperfect world it seems. Suggest you research the annual sale cycle via this forum and make a diary note -- and count your blessings that the forum exists to help you get through. Not sure what you mean by "only one watch" though? :wave:

For myself I'd like to see CW apply their rules of engagement concerning maximum number of sale purchases strictly rather than leaving it to individuals to decide whether to play by the rules or not. (I think we've seen enough in Washington this week to know the answer on that one!)
I meant to say "I only wanted one watch"

Why can't CW use a ramp up approach in the sale.....

For example....the first three days of the sale..only one watch total/registered member/day...then on days 4 & 5, members can buy 2 watches/model/day, then in day 6..open to the general public as many you want.

They don't have to change their sale pricing structure, their staff would not be overwhelmed processing orders doing this stage, and it would be a fair allotment using this phased in approach.

Come on, anybody who buys more than 1 watch/model is buying the others for profit. I have no problem with people making money, but at least give an opportunity for us regular folks first to get a discounted watch we've been eyeing or on the fence for months. For some of us...it takes months to save a thousand dollars (especially during this pandemic) to buy something nice for ourselves.
Fancy a bag of scratchings with that pint of bitter pal? :lol:
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Too be fair, will anybody complain if these two show up on eBay?

:D
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Lawrence wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 pm
Too be fair, will anybody complain if these two show up on eBay?

:D
Only one Birkin Blower left now :shock: :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

Props to CW for such move, though speculation allways will persist, even for such small brands. Thats also says something about the brand itself.
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

While I'm not surprised that the Morgan and black C8 watches are on sale, I wasn't expecting to see Supercompressors there. Isn't the Supercompressor fairly new?

And do you think the Supercompressor's missed the mark? I've been on the brink of buying one several times. But there's something about the design (I can't put my finger on it) that's always stopped me.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Dilbert wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:45 pm While I'm not surprised that the Morgan and black C8 watches are on sale, I wasn't expecting to see Supercompressors there. Isn't the Supercompressor fairly new?

And do you think the Supercompressor's missed the mark? I've been on the brink of buying one several times. But there's something about the design (I can't put my finger on it) that's always stopped me.
The C65 Super Compressor has been a big success in the two blue colour schemes, but the Black Sand version has sold less well. So CW are selling the Black Sand ones at a big discount in the sale and withdrawing that option.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Maybe if it was actually black, perhaps with a graduated grey tone.
I just don't think brown, or shades of brown is everyone's cup of tea, (or coffee)

The photo of the month is a great photo. It is the black sand SC, and shows it wonderfully well, but I would still prefer it in black/grey tones/.

Take this baume and mercier chrono. This was on Jomashop very reasonably, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it, with the brown tones. If only it had been black and white/silver. JS now have a different version, which works better I think, but it is more expensive.
baume chrono.jpg
baume-et-mercier-limited-edition-clifton-automatic-mens-limited-edition-watch-10403-a10403.jpg
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I've been having a think about the (contentious to some) 'issue' of people buying in the sale to put straight on eBay - and I'm sure other sales platforms. It's probably quite difficult to police, so my suggestion to deal with this would be:
Issue sales watches with a different (say red) warranty card marked clearly as "CW Sales item, warranty not transferable". If you've bought for own use - not a problem; if you've bought fora friend or relative - not a problem, unless you fall out. If you are a flipper, well - how serious were you about wanting it?
Just a thought ...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left