C65 automatic

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

C65 automatic

Post by JAFO »

I have a blue 41mm c65 handwound, and I wanted to try get a QR bracelet for it, but not on a blue watch.

So I just bought a black 41mm c65 auto in the sale, but I can't tell whether it's QR or not. I tried the archives but I can't tell.

Does anyone know? I'm not desperate to try to swap bracelets with a tool, just with the QR.

Thanks in anticipation.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 automatic

Post by exHowfener »

Just looked on the website out of curiosity and it says (it's in the 'more' drop down) :
Marine-grade stainless steel bracelet with micro-adjustable ratchet clasp and quick-release system for easy changing
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

JAFO wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:51 pm I have a blue 41mm c65 handwound, and I wanted to try get a QR bracelet for it, but not on a blue watch.

So I just bought a black 41mm c65 auto in the sale, but I can't tell whether it's QR or not. I tried the archives but I can't tell.

Does anyone know? I'm not desperate to try to swap bracelets with a tool, just with the QR.

Thanks in anticipation.
The QR bracelet has wider centre links than the non QR version (which has also been discontinued). If you still have an image of the watch you bought, compare it to what's on site currently - if they match, I'd say you have the QR.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Thanks both. It wasn't described like that in the listing I bought, but it is described like that in the active listing for the c65 gmt. Now the picture of the gmt doesn't have the wide centre link, so unless they changed the design and not the picture I may be ok.
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I have an older c65 Trident gmt with the old non QR bracelet. I have a new c65 Trident Diver with the new QR.

If anyone on this thread was wondering. The QR fits right onto the older gmt just fine.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

brash47 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pm If anyone on this thread was wondering. The QR fits right onto the older gmt just fine.
Good point. I bought my C65TD in November 2018. It was on the old bracelet because the QR didn't come out until the C60 Mk3 was launched, I believe. I bought mine when they became available for the C65 and sold the original.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

My Trident GMT came with the non QR bracelet (serial number 27). The QR bracelet from my Dartmouth (serial number 229) fits the GMT with no issues. I am pretty sure that the cases on the GMT, Dartmouth, World Timer, and Trident Automatic are the same.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Update

Well, that's a great start to the day.

My first sale purchase has just arrived. Although the picture on the listing showed the narrower centre link on the bracelet, the watch I received does have the broad centre link and is the quick release bracelet. (perhaps CW only have the QR bracelets now? That might make sense.) I love the watch. It's only a slightly different design to the vintage hand winder. At half price, if you knock off the bracelet cost, it makes the watch a great buy. :D
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm Update

Well, that's a great start to the day.

My first sale purchase has just arrived. Although the picture on the listing showed the narrower centre link on the bracelet, the watch I received does have the broad centre link and is the quick release bracelet. (perhaps CW only have the QR bracelets now? That might make sense.) I love the watch. It's only a slightly different design to the vintage hand winder. At half price, if you knock off the bracelet cost, it makes the watch a great buy. :D
Result! "Trebles all round!" :thumbup:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^Result indeed. Now you can happily and easily swap the bracelets between your watches.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)