C60 Trident Chronograph 300

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

C60 Trident Chronograph 300

Post by J0EMI »

So being late to the sale after someone kindly posted the link on here (I didn't get an email), I had a quick glance and saw the C60 Trident Chronograph 300, now being a sucker for things that are orange and matt black (the C7 Hornet LE did tempt me), the combination of the two I thought looked great, and was a great price too. Unfortunately it was gone before I could even finish looking at the pictures. Do old models like this pop up regularly in sales to be sold off or do you think my only chance of getting this watch now would be through ebay? Photo of the watch below for reference.
CHRISTOPHER WARD C60 Trident Chronograph 300 06.jpg
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Re: C60 Trident Chronograph 300

Post by scrw »

They were on the last sale, and appear on this sale too so don't give up hope. I missed out last time but was lucky enough to bag one in this sale. Maybe check the sale page when the preview finishes as they may release a few more.
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

It is a lovely watch, there were some in last year's sale too (how I snagged mine)
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

You never know, but one might pop up in the Forum Sales Corner at some stage.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

scrw wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm They were on the last sale, and appear on this sale too so don't give up hope. I missed out last time but was lucky enough to bag one in this sale. Maybe check the sale page when the preview finishes as they may release a few more.
Thanks for the info, just curious though, why do they have stock of models that have been discontinued for a while and why would they only release them to be sold during sales?

Do you happen to know when the preview finishes?
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Preview finishes tonight.

Have you tried contacting them directly - again how I got mine after missing the daily sales due to website issues?
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

I haven't tried contacting them, a good idea, thank you!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

J0EMI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:35 pm Thanks for the info, just curious though, why do they have stock of models that have been discontinued for a while and why would they only release them to be sold during sales?

Do you happen to know when the preview finishes?
The preview finishes at Midnight tonight (GMT) and the sale then goes Public.

Potentially, more stock to be added tomorrow.

"why do they have stock of models that have been discontinued for a while and why would they only release them to be sold during sales? " -

they sometimes have a few left over pieces and then there maybe 60/60 returns at some stage. CW then store them up, to be released in their half-yearly sale, although it has been known for them to run a 'Clearance' section from time to time. Releasing them at 'Sale' time also keeps the website tidy with only current models listed.

Good luck in your search.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^
That's what clothes shops do, isn't it. In amongst the sale items they have loads of old stuff they try to flog as well.

At least old watches are pretty well perfect, just discontinued lines.
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

There is one on Chrono24 for sale:

https://www.chrono24.pl/all/christopher ... 051262.htm

The price seems preety decent.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I clicked that. The listing actually came up in Polish, although they said the watch is in the US - either way, it's probably 20% VAT on top for UK customers.
Palisander
Junior
Junior

Post by Palisander »

JAFO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:05 pm I clicked that. The listing actually came up in Polish, although they said the watch is in the US - either way, it's probably 20% VAT on top for UK customers.
Yes, because i have found it on .pl domain. So if you opne Chrono24 vestion in your country should have proper listing.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I have the 300 Chronograph with the black bezel. It is a beauty. I missed out on a Trident 300 with orange bezel that was I my buy list. Hopefully, next time.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi