LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

CW January 21 sale reboot

Post by Kip »

As many of you have noticed, yesterdays sale went quite well for CW. In fact it was the best sales day ever according to CW. However they unfortunately had a number of people who abused the sale terms and conditions and believe they purchased for the sole purpose of reselling. The terms and conditions were very clearly outlined within the email as shown below.

https://www.christopherward.com/terms-conditions.html

3.4 During our Sale period we set a maximum of five watches per customer, and customers buying multiples of the same item will be capped at two per customer. Serial number requests are not available on Sale items. Sale stock cannot be ordered over the phone during the Sale period. Our next day delivery / express shipment is not available during the Sale period on all orders, including non-sale items. We are also unable to offer engraving services, gift notes and gift-wrap on Sale products.

Due to the above, CW will be in touch with the 14 people informing them that they will be cancelling all of their orders and giving them a full refund. This stock will go back on the site later today. Possibly within the next hour or two.

This activity has also enabled some over sells of prototype models which they are looking into and will be in touch with the relevant customers regarding this. They are hopeful to have solutions for all.

So if you missed out on something specific you may get a second chance. Watch for it!!

Good luck.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CW January 21 sale reboot

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

:rate10: to CW.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

It’s interesting that they have the resources and energy to so quickly enforce their rules. I’m impressed. Hopefully I get another chance today.

Thanks, Kip.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Yet another good catch by cw.
I must say, ive rarely been this impressed by the way a company conducts its business with so much thought and care for genuine customers, over pure profit.

Absolutely agree 11/10..!!!!
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I also highlighted this yesterday, the 14 will be p*****!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
rogco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by rogco »

CW has done an excellent job with this sale. From the stock available to the website to the management of the orders. Very impressed.
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Kip wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:50 pm As many of you have noticed, yesterdays sale went quite well for CW. In fact it was the best sales day ever according to CW. However they unfortunately had a number of people who abused the sale terms and conditions and believe they purchased for the sole purpose of reselling. The terms and conditions were very clearly outlined within the email as shown below.

3.4 During our Sale period we set a maximum of five watches per customer, and customers buying multiples of the same item will be capped at two per customer. Serial number requests are not available on Sale items. Sale stock cannot be ordered over the phone during the Sale period. Our next day delivery / express shipment is not available during the Sale period on all orders, including non-sale items. We are also unable to offer engraving services, gift notes and gift-wrap on Sale products.

Due to the above, CW will be in touch with the 14 people informing them that they will be cancelling all of their orders and giving them a full refund. This stock will go back on the site later today. Possibly within the next hour or two.

This activity has also enabled some over sells of prototype models which they are looking into and will be in touch with the relevant customers regarding this. They are hopeful to have solutions for all.

So if you missed out on something specific you may get a second chance. Watch for it!!

Good luck.
Why would anybody want to request a serial number before ordering?
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

rogco wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:04 pm CW has done an excellent job with this sale. From the stock available to the website to the management of the orders. Very impressed.
+1
...and I would add to that the web site held up as well :thumbup:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Fascinating to see at least 14 people buying more than they should and I'm sure some have slipped through the net, or bought 3/4 and plan on keeping 1 or 2, or none!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

SlowLoris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:06 pm
Kip wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:50 pm As many of you have noticed, yesterdays sale went quite well for CW. In fact it was the best sales day ever according to CW. However they unfortunately had a number of people who abused the sale terms and conditions and believe they purchased for the sole purpose of reselling. The terms and conditions were very clearly outlined within the email as shown below.

Good luck.
Why would anybody want to request a serial number before ordering?
Some watch collectors like to request a specific serial number, like 001, 100, or a particular number of some special meaning to them.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

Deleted: Duplicate.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MarkingTime »

MarkingTime wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:21 pm There were re-sellers with about a dozen watches from the last sale. This now seems to have been nipped in the bud.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Well done CW.

Well done on keeping the sale page up and running, I didn't really detect any slowing during the day.

Well done on being firm with the fourteen. It sounds like they were hoping for honesty rather than jigging the shopping page to impose a maximum number of items in the shopping basket: I have no concept of how feasible that might have been.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

I think CW are far too generous. Why would someone buy 5 watches at once or 2 of the same kind in one go? I'd enforce a 3 watch maximum with no duplicates to spread the sugar around more evenly.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

CBMVic20 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:31 pm I think CW are far too generous. Why would someone buy 5 watches at once or 2 of the same kind in one go? I'd enforce a 3 watch maximum with no duplicates to spread the sugar around more evenly.
I agree totally on the duplicate point.

Im sure some greedy *******s would find ways round the max purchase number though. But I agree with the idea :clap: