C65 Super Compressor - Deep Blue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: C65 Super Compressor - Deep Blue

Post by StrappedUp »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm What a colour ! and I like the use of orange on the hands and pips as well.

That's the shade of dark blue I've been waiting for but unfortunately for me it's been used on a watch case style that I don't like. I do hope that CW use that dark blue with sunray on another watch that has the name at 12.

Shame the lume doesn't extend to the numbers on the bezel - wow, would that look superb.
:lol: They'll get you one day you know!
Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Macdaz wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:24 pm D@mn it. Spent the best part of a year waiting for the super compressor, when it arrived I wasn't sure about the colour and the text misalignment issue meant I convinced myself I didn't need it. Now this AND 15% off...

...INCOMING
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

Is this new colour variant still in line with the retro look?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm What a colour ! and I like the use of orange on the hands and pips as well.

That's the shade of dark blue I've been waiting for but unfortunately for me it's been used on a watch case style that I don't like. I do hope that CW use that dark blue with sunray on another watch that has the name at 12.

Shame the lume doesn't extend to the numbers on the bezel - wow, would that look superb.
:lol: They'll get you one day you know!
:lol: :lol:
In the immortal words of Kevin Keegan... "I would love it!".

Put that colour and 12o'clock name logo on a simple 1-12 or 3,6,9 or blue/white chrono dial (no multiple colour subs dials please) in a standard C65 case (i.e. not the cushioned Compressor case) then I'll be pleased to buy it and will be able to stop looking at stupid price Omega/Rolex with decent blue dials.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening with CW's present design ethos as it would be too conventional and not sufficiently disruptive for them to consider.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I was disappointed initially with these as I felt the white internal bezel was too prominent and overwhelmed the dial.

This solves that issue for me and is the first new model and colour combination that has really got to me in the last couple of years. On the blue tropic it just looks stunning...
Tim
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm ...and will be able to stop looking at stupid price Omega/Rolex with decent blue dials.
Have you seen the new Tudor Black Bay in blue? It’s beautiful, and a far more reasonable price compared to an Omega or Rolex.

timor54 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm I was disappointed initially with these as I felt the white internal bezel was too prominent and overwhelmed the dial.

This solves that issue for me and is the first new model and colour combination that has really got to me in the last couple of years. On the blue tropic it just looks stunning...
Agreed on all counts! This color combo on a blue tropic really commands my attention.
Drew
Kvam

Post by Kvam »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm That changes the look of the watch completely. That's the best of the bunch for me
I would agree on that compressor...
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Wow! That is really nice. :-P I still like the Ocean Blue a lot but I like the cohesiveness of the Deep Blue better. I like all the orange pops! The Ocean still looks like it'd be fun to wear though. :-k
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

This does look great. However, the colour scheme is very similar to other watches I already have, so the Ocean Blue version is still top of the pile for me when the time is right. But I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one of these Dark Blue ones at some point in the future! :oops:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Tortoise »

I have one word ....
Ian
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Tortoise »

..... wow !

IMG_9441.jpg
IMG_9446.jpg
IMG_9450.jpg
IMG_9461.jpg
IMG_9463.jpg
IMG_9465.jpg
IMG_9472.jpg
IMG_9423.jpg
IMG_9424.jpg
IMG_9437.jpg

Apologies for the finger prints and dust. Really struggling to do it justice with my amateur "happy snaps" straight out of the box...
The fit and finish is lovely, the way the sunburst dial and the facets on the indices play with the light is absolutely superb - I have not been able to capture that at all in these shots ...it is a beautiful piece IMO. Great job CW! :thumbup:
cheers
Ian
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ That looks great Iain. :thumbup:

Congratulations. :clap: :clap:

Now if only I could get around to selling a few of my older CWs that is the one I would replace it with. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

nbg wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:32 pm Now if only I could get around to selling a few of my older CWs that is the one I would replace it with. :)
CW missing a trick by not offering a "trade-in" option for watches that'll end up in their sales - make money on the used market while making it easier for aficionados to refresh their collection :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Very nice, the colours really pop and I like the retro feel of it. If I didn't have so many blue watches, I'd contemplate buying one.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

That is really nice. The brushing and polishing on the case looks really good. I bet those indices reflect light like baubles on a Christmas tree. It's all very coherent too, with the orange carried over in to the crown and compression ring on the back. The blue is of course superb.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?