C60 Lympstone

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Lympstone

Post by TigerChris »

None of them look in line - N, E, S, W all look slightly out of line with the markers but maybe that has more to do with the angle the pic is taken at? It's very difficult to judge from a picture. What I have noticed as I haven't really looked properly at the Lympstone before, just a quick 'looks good', is the length of the minute hand. I think it's too long - it should stop before the minute markers for me so you can read the exact minute. Maybe thats just a personal thing though?
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

Here's another pic that I just took. Tried to take it as dead center as possible to show the N. I did not play with the inner bezel since my first pic. If I move it slightly to the left or right, it'll affect the other cardinal directions, and the way it is now, the N, W, E aligns well enough not to bother me as much as the S. I should've taken a pic of it before I messed with it... Maybe it never was aligned the way I would've liked even out of the box.. lol
Attachments
PXL_20200921_192058246 - Copy.jpg
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

It mark be part of the new CW design but is the CHRONOMETER and 600mI200ft ever so slightly off again?!

I do like the dial texture though, it really works with the rest of the watch.
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

A1soknownas wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:25 pm It mark be part of the new CW design but is the CHRONOMETER and 600mI200ft ever so slightly off again?!

I do like the dial texture though, it really works with the rest of the watch.
I'm kinda bleh with the dial texture, I've always wanted a carbon fiber resin dial on a watch. However, now that I have one, my OCD and maybe my poor vision is getting to me. It's hard to explain but the gist of it is that the reflections of the carbon fiber material on the sapphire make me think the glass has smudges and I always try to wipe it off. Lol Don't get me wrong, I still love the watch and it's my first chronometer grade one at that, not to mention the most expensive one I've bought so far (used the wrong CC also, got charged foreign exchange fees! :problem: ). But these little things keep it from being a perfect 10 to me but again that's cuz of my OCDness... :lol:
Ukyo
Junior
Junior

Post by Ukyo »

Just saw that the steel bracelet version is available in Oct. I hope we can order it separately. I used their contact us form and inquired about it but last time I did that for my other CW watch, I never heard a peep back from them...
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

The C60 Lympstone is back on pre-order for end of October. There is certainly a demand for it.
dogrough
Junior
Junior

Post by dogrough »

I have just got the Lympstone & its a great watch, but the lume once charged, lasts about 10 minutes!. And the box, is awful !!. When i get a watch i like to keep everything in the box, receipts, everything. The C.O.S C paper wont fit in the box so if you buy a second hand Lympstone if its a couple of years old i doubt very much if all the papers will be present. For me it could be the reason i chop it in for an upgrade, & i hope that won't come in a box that's more suited to a Torch!. Whoever thought that box was a good idea needs to take a bit more care, its the small details that impress me, the box is an alarming inconsistency.
drand
Guru
Guru

Post by drand »

I have not bought a CW since they changed the packaging, but I rather like the look of the new boxes and the concept of having something more sustainable and smaller. Kind you I keep all the original bits & bobs in wherever it came with and mostly I find very original boxes take up a lot of space, bit I feel I need to keep them.

Curious, how was the COSC certificate packaged originally, if it doesn't fit in the box?
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

It must be me, but I really don't 'get' the whole watch box thing. I can't think of many other products where reviewers comment on how nice the packaging is. I'm also a bit 'ho-hum' about "sustainability", it seems like current fashionable in marketing spiel. I was at the Manchester GTG where the new boxes were introduced. As I say, it must be me, but I couldn't get excited about some (albeit pleasant enough) boxes. If any company wants to go down the environmental route :yawn: then I wish they would give us something that can be re-used, like a watch roll.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I quite like the new CW packaging, not only because it is environmentally friendly, but also that it is quite svelte and doesn't take up that much space....unlike some other brands where you feel like you need to build an extension onto your house to accommodate the packaging (Omega I'm talking about you!).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

exHowfener wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:55 pm It must be me, but I really don't 'get' the whole watch box thing.
Not just you. A smaller box with a nice leather travel case would be much better.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:14 pm
exHowfener wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:55 pm It must be me, but I really don't 'get' the whole watch box thing.
Not just you. A smaller box with a nice leather travel case would be much better.
Add me to the list of agreeing with this, I’ve commented a few times in the past a watch roll or travel case would be far better than a box you just chuck in a drawer never to be seen again. Pinion have their packaging spot on with the watch roll in my opinion. Even my cheap Geckota mecha Quartz came with a travel pouch which I use all the time for various things - it’s useful. Bremont have it half right - the pouches their strap watches come in, although it looks nice, is fairly useless; however, the case their bracelet watches come in is very useful.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Unboxing a watch is an experience though. I think an individual colour booklet describing the watch you have just bought, together with guarantee certificates and a cloth, all in a not too expensive wooden box is pretty good. When you buy a nice chess set you expect it to be in a nice wooden box, and so it is with watches. A good chess set probably costs under 100, so I doubt the box is too expensive. Just part of the package. I like the idea of a watch box, but I don't really take a one watch box away with me. I have a three up box. Similar to jewelry. I like the way Beaverbrooks package their jewelry, together with lifetime free cleaning. You don't expect to pay several hundred or even thousands of pounds for a nice piece of gold and precious stones, and not get a beautifully wrapped box to open.
dogrough
Junior
Junior

Post by dogrough »

The COSC certificate is in the cardboard box its delivered in, it wont fit in the actual watch box because its too big. The boxes my two Mk 2 Tridents came in were fine. Same as the other watch boxes i have, square. All of my other boxes have all the relevant paper work in for that watch, Seiko, Longines, & a Rolex. The box the Lympstone came in is similar to a box an air rifle scope came in a couple of weeks ago. The only thing i seem to have some OCD traits in is watches. Shame because i liked the look of the C60 chronograph black / yellow but with the same box, not a chance. The Lympstone will now be my knock about watch & will take the place of my Invicta, even that was a nicer box!. And i now have realised the lume is worse than i first thought. Not a watch i would recommend. Saying that my Mk 2 Trident with blue bezel & black face is my favourite watch & for obvious reasons, its perfect, to me at least.
bignish

Re: CWL of the day

Post by bignish »

It's pronounced Limptsin, with a semi-silent P. Great looking watch, but I'd like to see a GMT version. That'll be more useful to me than a compass.