C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Post by jkbarnes »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:14 pm I think that some are not grasping that these were designed by Worn and Wound in collaboration with CW. This is what W+W wanted.

Or were they designed by CW in collaboration with W&W? It’s po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to, if you ask me.

As TigerChris points out, it’s got CW’s name on it, so it’s a CW watch, and reflects on CW.

Taking Kip’s comment at face value and treating this as W&W’s design, not CW’s, what does it then say about CW that they would let someone else dictate the design and look of their watches?

However you slice it, this watch reflects on CW. And for some of us, it’s not good.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 pm And for some of us, it’s not good.
Andrew, Chris and others. Nothing personal here, but what are you objecting to? They made a watch you don't like? They're allowed to do that. For the record I'm not bowled over either, but my philosophy is "Don't buy one, then."

I went to work today. They had Mac Cheese for lunch. I hate Mac Cheese. I had a salad. They had rice pudding. I love rice pudding. Some of the kids I was with hate rice pudding. They had fruit or a yogurt. Several of them love Mac Cheese...and so on and so on.

Probably an overly simplistic example, but it illustrates what I want to say.

Not smitten. Won't buy. Fair enough. Nothing to see. Move on. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Well, it's not for me - but that doesn't make it a bad thing, just not my taste. Whether it's an attractive looking watch isn't a fact, it's an opinion.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Watchfly

Post by Watchfly »

audio.bill wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:15 pm Haven't seen any mention of these yet, but just spotted these pics on The Windup Watch Fair Product Showcase:

C65 Sandstorm Blackout Chronometer

C65 Sandstorm Chronometer
I prefer the steel one best.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:48 pm
Andrew, Chris and others. Nothing personal here, but what are you objecting to? They made a watch you don't like? They're allowed to do that. For the record I'm not bowled over either, but my philosophy is "Don't buy one, then."

I went to work today. They had Mac Cheese for lunch. I hate Mac Cheese. I had a salad. They had rice pudding. I love rice pudding. Some of the kids I was with hate rice pudding. They had fruit or a yogurt. Several of them love Mac Cheese...and so on and so on.

Steve, we gave our opinion on the watches - no problem, some will like them, some won't. The fuel on the fire, for me anyway, was Kip trying to divert the design away from CW which I think is wrong. Simple.

Anyway, more importantly, I'd take Mac Cheese over a salad any day but do agree on rice pudding - i love it :lol:
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Just watched the interview on Instagram. It was W&W's design idea and CW refined that design for their collaboration.

As information.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:48 pm

I don’t know that I’m objecting to anything. I just don’t care for the watch. Nothing wrong with expressing that, right?

As for the broader commentary, I guess this latest watch got me thinking about discussions from other threads about watch longevity, design DNA and brand identity. In that context, this is another offering from CW leaving me perplexed about those broader issues. Again, no objection, just an observation.

And I’ve never understood exactly what rice pudding is? Is that rice done in collaboration with pudding or pudding done in collaboration with rice? ;-)
Drew
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:20 pm
Kip wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:14 pm I think that some are not grasping that these were designed by Worn and Wound in collaboration with CW. This is what W+W wanted.
These look garbage.
Lol

oh and let's not mention CW and Jaguar in the same sentence. :silent:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

My thoughts: :)

Mac Cheese followed by Rice Pudding would be too carb heavy.

As to the watch - I would take it any day of the week in preference to the 38mm C65 Trident Vintage.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Or were they designed by CW in collaboration with W&W? It’s po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to, if you ask me.

As TigerChris points out, it’s got CW’s name on it, so it’s a CW watch, and reflects on CW.

Taking Kip’s comment at face value and treating this as W&W’s design, not CW’s, what does it then say about CW that they would let someone else dictate the design and look of their watches?

However you slice it, this watch reflects on CW. And for some of us, it’s not good.

Just saying...

Designed by the CW Forum in collaboration with CW. Yes it is still a CW watch.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:33 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Just saying...

Designed by the CW Forum in collaboration with CW. Yes it is still a CW watch.

What about the important question though, Kip? Mac Cheese or Salad? Thoughts on Rice Pudding? Plain or with a big blob of jam? :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Prefer Mac + Cheese. Does the rice pudding have raisins? Either way.....jam prefered. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Raisins, superb. Can't stand jam.

The best is Arroz con Leche. Spanish version, really creamy, often served cold with thick chocolate sauce swirled through it. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Jam preferred here too :thumbup:

Anyway, order restored in the ranks now I think so, back to the watches - don’t think they appeal to me too much but I hope people who do buy them are happy with them :D
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 pm .....jam prefered. :D
Did someone say jam?! I love The Jam!
1E1DB027-41DD-4F6A-82E0-9F31F44C544B.jpeg

Drew