C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Post by audio.bill »

Haven't seen any mention of these yet, but just spotted these pics on The Windup Watch Fair Product Showcase:

C65 Sandstorm Blackout Chronometer

C65 Sandstorm Chronometer
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C65 Sandstorm Chronometers

Post by Clach77 »

I love the look of the steel case one on a canvas strap. Fantastic. Just too small a watch for my tastes.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Rockmastermike
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rockmastermike »

Well done! I like the blackout. I’ve never been keen on black cases however I might make an exception for this one.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Handsome looking watches with the blackout looking to be the most legible.

Think these are the best looking releases to date.

38mm is small for me though and the layout of the dial makes me wonder if they would look smaller on the wrist.

Well done CW though. Very nice
Watches - Too many but not enough!
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by gannet »

I too like the look of these - specially the blackout one!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by mabotham »

Very nice. Do you have to order thru W&W? Pay in USD?...
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

This looks to be the watch done in collaboration with Worn & Wound. I’m not sure where I stand on it, other than to say I like the size.
Drew
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Don't want to be the party pooper as I really like the idea of this 38mm pointer date, but these particular designs look a little busy imo.
Think all the extra details near the edge are unnecessary and as a result the pointer "complication" looks a little lost.
Would definitely like to see CW expand on this 38mm model once the W&W models sell out though.

Regarding the colour schemes, to me it looks as though the beige/black dial would've been better in the more retro looking steel case and the modern steel dial in the black case. Anyone else?

As a release, it's nice to see something different being introduced and especially at smaller sizes. Feeling a little left out lately :thumbdown:
paw3001 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:27 pm 38mm is small for me though and the layout of the dial makes me wonder if they would look smaller on the wrist.
I've recently got the Sandhurst and it fits my 6" wrist very well with a short L-L of ~44mm. That one is much more dial than the W&W releases, so I'm with you on these wearing smaller.
Ryan
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm Don't want to be the party pooper as I really like the idea of this 38mm pointer date, but these particular designs look a little busy imo.
I agree. In another thread someone brought up the dreaded phrase “fashion brand.” I hate to say it, but this model just pushes me further towards that line of thought. Lots of new models being released with lots of stuff going on with these models, but very little brand cohesiveness, if you ask me.

And while I have absolutely no back ground or expertise in business, marketing, branding, brand development, or public relations, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

mabotham wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:43 pm Very nice. Do you have to order thru W&W? Pay in USD?...
I just received an email from CW this morning announcing these watches and saying they can only be purchased through W&W windup watch shop.

I really like the sandstorm, not so much the blackout. I’m getting a little fatigued with all the new releases lately, though I’ve liked them all!

Link: https://windupwatchshop.com/products/ch ... NZP,H5AC,1
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

W&W Sandstorm announcement is the W&W blog post announcing these.

I have to say that the marketing hyperbole takes my breath away :lol:

WRT the previous question about ordering, it would seem that they can only be ordered direct from W&W in US$; but fulfilment is direct from CW in the UK. Raises all sorts of questions about tax, import duties, etc.
Tim
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

timor54 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 pm
WRT the previous question about ordering, it would seem that they can only be ordered direct from W&W in US$; but fulfilment is direct from CW in the UK. Raises all sorts of questions about tax, import duties, etc.
Not sure what questions..seems if you are in the UK all things are normal. If elsewhere you are subject to normal fees/duties etc.

*All watches ship directly from Christopher Ward in the UK via DHL. You may be subject to import taxes depending on your shipping destination. Only DHL shipping is available. If Expedited shipping is desired, please choose the DHL option at checkout.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I quite like it and was considering a Sandhurst anyway as my next CW but really dislike canvas straps and don’t want to have to pay extra for a steel bracelet.

I’m sure they’ll sell quickly as they look a bit like the sector dials that seem to be having a resurgence plus they have the magic words limited edition on them (which makes buyers cease to use logic).

But if I’m honest, the Sandhurst is far more preferable to me for that case size
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Nice first try maybe for a pointer function watch but, as has been the case recently, there's too much detail and this time on a small(er) dial.

Another model not for me except that again the name logo reverts to 12 (which IMO is a positive) when, as far as I can see, there's nothing in the design that would have prevented it being at 9, except maybe at W&W insistence or CW decision?

If it's only via order with W&W is it still on 60/60 guarantee?

The basic design without the date ring and other multiple dial rings but using the 3,6,9,12 markers could work well in a simple dial at that size?
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

What do we call a black dial with a big white circle on it? A Cyclops?

When I got the email I was taken with the cyclops, but after a while with the photo up realized not quite for me.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.