C60 Blue Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^That would look good on my MeisterSinger!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:49 pm ^^^That would look good on my MeisterSinger!
Indeed, also potentially on my blue Seamaster as well :-k
Tim
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've looked at the pictures of this watch so much over the last few days, to check what I like vs what doesn't suit my tastes, as I love the concept but not sure that I could live with the actual item.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere (I couldn't see anything on this thread) but what is it about a Sapphire dial that it needs or shows 2 screw heads at the 3 and 9 positions?
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

J0EMI wrote:I find the lack of an exhibition caseback puzzling, since the C60 Sapphire has it, which very much had the aesthetic of looking into the deep blue ocean, then here with this LE specifically relating to the ocean and partnering with BLUE, they have removed that detail. :? However, it is definitely a stunner, would love to see that transparent sapphire dial on a vintage trident.

Screenshot_20201111-174718_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201111-174735_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201111-174657_Chrome.jpg
What a nice LE.

Plus it helps a nice Ocean charity too.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:35 pm
jimbo wrote:Anyone else noticed that the face of this watch differs in the photo's from going across the watch to a circle within the minute markers?

I like the watch within the markers, not right across it.

Very tempted, but how am i going to hide a £1000 watch from her when I have just ordered a Bremont? Advice required...... I have a very weak argument that it could replace my "Orange Monster" when it next dies....so could hide until then? trouble is she knows when I'm lying....it's tough being married to a Police officer....

I think I follow your point about the waves on the dial only being "a circle within the minute markers?" which is as they, the waves, appear at a quick glance as in this picture.

However, if you look closely the waves are across the full width of the dial.

The reason behind this ('scuse the pun) is the centre circle has a bright, metallic background, whereas the outer circle within the bounds of the markers, has the dark background of the date wheel against which the waves are less visible.

Make sense?

Oh, and your argument about replacing your Orange Monster is definitely weak; they never die. :lol: :lol:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Sorry I stand corrected, and after staring for some time, really like it.....but how to get it past the dragon?.....I would really have been one of the first to buy this one had I not just paid for my Bremont which is some 3-6 weeks away from it's new home.....do you think she might be daft enough to not notice?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:15 pm I'm pleasantly surprised by how tastefully all the elements hang together on this watch.

The waves on the dial make it much nicer than the C60 Sapphire. I didn't really like the nakedness of the unfinished movement showing through the Sapphire dial. In contrast, the waves in BLUE hide some of that unfinished surface and the bits of the movement that peek through between the waves are more than enough to satisfy that particular novelty look.

Then you have the light blue colour of the seconds hand and bezel markings, etc. Very nice.

Doesn't mean I'm going to get it though - C60 fatigue.
I absolutely agree. I think CW did themselves a huge disservice by not using a decorated movement on the Sapphire. For me the resulting watch just comes across as bland and unfinished. I don't think the BLUE has that same issue. The waves give the watch the much needed extra detail that is missing from the Sapphire, and in this case a decorated movement would have taken away from the overall effect.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere (I couldn't see anything on this thread) but what is it about a Sapphire dial that it needs or shows 2 screw heads at the 3 and 9 positions?
Normally a dial has feet on the back that slot into holes in the movement to help position the dial correctly. It looks like on the sapphire dials CW is using screws instead of feet. The 2 screws you pointed out appear to match up with the dial holes on the SW200.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Lavaine wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:04 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere (I couldn't see anything on this thread) but what is it about a Sapphire dial that it needs or shows 2 screw heads at the 3 and 9 positions?
Normally a dial has feet on the back that slot into holes in the movement to help position the dial correctly. It looks like on the sapphire dials CW is using screws instead of feet. The 2 screws you pointed out appear to match up with the dial holes on the SW200.
:thumbup: Thanks
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:26 pm
albionphoto wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:28 pm Just to churlish, I received an email from CW about the watch. There's a claim that both CW and BLUE are both ten years old. I though CW were 15 years old...
scooter wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 pm I read that same email as the Blue Marine Foundation is 10 years old and that CW was celebrating that and their support by the release of the C60 Blue.

scooter
I'm with scooter on this.

Guy
I did say I was being churlish... :kopfwand: :kopfwand:
I'm certainly not going to let the email stop me buying the watch. I'm just wondering when the random number generator will spit out my preferred serial number. Then, when I receive it I'll have four CWs with the same number. The C7 Apex (which started this whole SN thing), the C60 Apex, the C65 B&G and the C60 BLUE. Now I just have to make sure that the C1 Apex, if it ever happens, has the same number too.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
HolgMaster

Post by HolgMaster »

I initially loved the design and as an avid scuba diver I was drawn to support the charity but I can’t get over the visible date dial. Just looks off to me somehow. They might have had a better option to maybe sandblast the Saphire towards the outside to hide that wheel.

I am still on the fence about this one. Overall design and size is spot on but just don’t know if I should bite or not.
OTL

Post by OTL »

This watch is compelling...

I've reached out to Christopher Ward to ask if the wave pattern is etched into the sapphire dial, or if it comes from the polycarbonate sheet underneath the dial (that's how they got the blue hue on the C60 Sapphire).

How they did the waves will make or break the watch for me.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am pretty certain the waves come via the polycarbonate under the dial. It would make no sense from a cost standpoint to etch the dial.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

OTL wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:01 pm This watch is compelling...

I've reached out to Christopher Ward to ask if the wave pattern is etched into the sapphire dial, or if it comes from the polycarbonate sheet underneath the dial (that's how they got the blue hue on the C60 Sapphire).

I’m quite impressed with this as a first post!
Drew
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

OTL wrote:This watch is compelling...

It's 99% in the blue polycarbonate

The normal Sapphire has a clear sapphire

Colored sapphire are pretty tricky

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Pleased to learn CW’s big step by donating all profit for BLUE charity.
Glad that I can be one of the donators among us.
Order placed after having my C60 Apex back on board.
Korn Saksakorn S.