C60 Blue Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lochinvar

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by Lochinvar »

From a visual view point the new C60 Blue LE is aesthetically pleasing and I love the groovy deep blue dial. This is a CW I wouldn’t hesitate to buy if only it came in 42-43mm case size . At 40mm it is too small on my wrist and I’ll just have to admire it from afar :( .
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:23 am Partly to blame sorry, so let's get this thread back on track ...

Showed this to the better half last night and she told me she preferred it to the Clean Ocean I was wearing.
She actually showed a little interest (for once) and pointed out the triangle at 12 and the blue seconds hand with the "fork" on the end as features she really liked.
That, without question, signals green light to buy the C60 LE !!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I may have to review my 42-44mm watches only rule guideline for this watch. The more I look, the more I like!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Reminds me of the first wave of Seiko STO models. Appreciate it's for a good cause, but feels like CW are doing the Seiko shuffle. Change a couple of components eg. dial, bezel etc call it a special edition and repeat next quarter.

I don't think it's a bad watch, just not for me and a definite no at 40mm.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Well, for what it's worth I think it looks great: LE's can be a bit ho hum but different bezel, face, strap,second hand & case back is enough of a stand out for me. 40mm will suit a lot of people, so that's a good size too. I don't need or particularly want another dive watch right now but I'm tempted.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Viognier wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm That, without question, signals green light to buy the C60 LE !!!
Nah, I don't wear dive watches often enough, so I've come to the conclusion that 1 is enough for me.

Still a great looking watch though and one I may have gone for a couple of weeks ago.
Ryan
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

This is a lovely watch. Pre-order placed. At 40mm it's not my favourite size either. I like 42mm watches. I can live with this for the dial though.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Just to churlish, I received an email from CW about the watch. There's a claim that both CW and BLUE are both ten years old. I though CW were 15 years old...
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I read that same email as the Blue Marine Foundation is 10 years old and that CW was celebrating that and their support by the release of the C60 Blue.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Just to churlish, I received an email from CW about the watch
Oooh, that rubs salt into the wounds of those of us who can't get emails...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit »

Viognier wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:16 pm I may have to review my 42-44mm watches only rule guideline for this watch. The more I look, the more I like!
Yeah this is a tough one. I typically only wear 41mm and up. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and anything smaller doesn't look right on me but that's just my preference. I may have to reconsider, just don't want to regret it later.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:28 pm Just to churlish, I received an email from CW about the watch. There's a claim that both CW and BLUE are both ten years old. I though CW were 15 years old...
Maybe a reference to CW vs CWL? Perhaps Christopher Ward has been around for 15 years, but the current incarnation as Christopher Ward London (CWL) is only ten years old?

I bet a visit to the CWArchives could answer this.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:27 pm Maybe a reference to CW vs CWL? Perhaps Christopher Ward has been around for 15 years, but the current incarnation as Christopher Ward Limited (CWL) is only ten years old?

As far as I know, the terms CW and CWL are used quite indiscriminately and interchangeably. I know for certain that I use both. As far as I am aware, the L has always stood for London.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:27 pm Maybe a reference to CW vs CWL? Perhaps Christopher Ward has been around for 15 years, but the current incarnation as Christopher Ward Limited (CWL) is only ten years old?

As far as I know, the terms CW and CWL are used quite indiscriminately and interchangeably. I know for certain that I use both. As far as I am aware, the L has always stood for London.
I was thinking CW vs CWL was tied to the merger with Synergies Horlogères. A quick search of the archives has revealed I was wrong about that on multiple levels!

I actually went to delete my comment, but you had already replied.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

No problem, Andrew. Now, back to this watch...

Normally I look at the new releases and say that nothing really floats my boat. I like this one. I really like it. Whether I will buy it is another question, and one that I suppose I shall have to answer fairly quickly. I just don’t think I’m in the mood to dispose of any of my current collection, and although it is a lovely bright shiny new thing I don’t really think I need it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)