C60 Blue Limited Edition

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:08 pm No one has mentioned the strap yet. I really like the strap!
That is a good looking watch, it seems to mix elements of the Sapphire and the original Trident wave dial (now dropped in the mk3). I think the ceramic bezel is more appealing to most that the steel bezel of the Sapphire. An LE of 500 to boot. The initiative does seem to somewhat ape the Oris Clean Ocean collection but nevertheless a worthy cause to highlight.

The strap "the stylish quick-release '#tide ocean material®' strap is entirely made from reclaimed ocean plastic, while the watch’s packaging is constructed from 95 percent biodegradable materials."
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

The real world pictures of this thing are going to be bonkers. The bezel color in the photo with the blue shirt is amazing.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

jtc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 pm 0 - 16 minutes on the bezel again?
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 pm I love the blue second hand, but dislike intently the visible date wheel and the 16 minute bezel.
Reasoning behind the 0 - 16 underline on the bezel, as previously explained;-
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:38 pm
Metman wrote:I quite like the look of this one, particularly the fact that the timing markings stop at 15 and not 16 like on other editions. The markings going to 16 doesn’t make any sense?
The reasoning behind this is, I believe simple.

On the Admin Team's visit to CW Towers back last November, I had the opportunity to ask Adrian Buchmann about it.

The reason why the timing markings stop at '16' on the likes of the C60 Trident Elite 1000 and C60 Apex is that with a '15' on the bezel, if the timing marking stopped at 15 this would be half way under the '15' and will give it the appearance of being lopsided.

By extending the timing marking to finish at 16 it stabilised this potential lopsidedness.

On the C60 Sapphire, there is only a 'dash' marker at 15 and therefore the timing marking can finish at 15 without any undue optical effect.

Hope that makes sense.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I love the idea of this LE, the lume is superb, 40mm is the ideal size but there's too many areas of dislike for it to be any good for me.

Unfortunately it seems that my tastes and CW designs are a long way off sync at present and probably have been for some time. Never mind I'll keep wearing my old models and continue to look and hope.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

The contrast colour on the C60 Chronograph bezel stops at 15, looks better to me.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

That strap =D>
Wonder if it will be available separately?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I had always wondered what the C60 Sapphire would look like with a blue bezel. I thought it would be better with a blue bezel, but after seeing this I actually like the SS bezel better for the sapphire. It kind of makes the sapphire dial pop a little more, makes it the focal point.

This watch does something slightly different but still does it spectacularly. I like it a lot, and it supports a great cause.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

Lavaine wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:56 pm That strap =D>
Wonder if it will be available separately?
+1
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit »

I agree with all the positive feedback on this watch! Spectacular, but I just got this email form Worn and Wound...

Special collaboration between CW and Worn and Wound only to be found on the Wind Up shop! So, you may want to keep your wallets closed until the unveiling comes out on the 17th... Cheers!
mail.jpeg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

TP Fit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:12 am I agree with all the positive feedback on this watch! Spectacular, but I just got this email form Worn and Wound...

Special collaboration between CW and Worn and Wound only to be found on the Wind Up shop! So, you may want to keep your wallets closed until the unveiling comes out on the 17th... Cheers!

mail.jpeg
I posted a reply to this comment over on this thread because it seemed a more appropriate place for my comment.
Drew
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:25 am
TP Fit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:12 am I agree with all the positive feedback on this watch! Spectacular, but I just got this email form Worn and Wound...

mail.jpeg
I posted a reply to this comment over on this thread because it seemed a more appropriate place for my comment.

The date would only be orientated correctly at 12, so i'm more inclined to think it's a GMT ring and not a date wheel.
GMT sports watch? Could be some sort of way for CW to gauge the demand for this style of watch, although I've no doubt it'll be a success with all the hype it'll get on social media (dogs dinner or not).
Ryan
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Looking at the spacing, Ryan, I don’t think it can possibly be a GMT ring. You have almost three divisions for every hour on the main chapter. That suggests a figure like 31 to me, and 11 is in about the right place**. I would be fairly sure it’s a pointer date.

**(If the 1st lines up with 1200. On the Moonglow it’s the 31st)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Several users over on Instagram state they have ordered and "can't wait".

Anyone here dipped their hand in their pocket?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:06 am Looking at the spacing, Ryan, I don’t think it can possibly be a GMT ring. You have almost three divisions for every hour on the main chapter. That suggests a figure like 31 to me, and 11 is in about the right place**. I would be fairly sure it’s a pointer date.

**(If the 1st lines up with 1200. On the Moonglow it’s the 31st)
Excellent shout Steve. Didn't even think about a pointer date, even though I currently own one :oops:

Any news on case diameter?
Ryan
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Partly to blame sorry, so let's get this thread back on track ...

Showed this to the better half last night and she told me she preferred it to the Clean Ocean I was wearing.
She actually showed a little interest (for once) and pointed out the triangle at 12 and the blue seconds hand with the "fork" on the end as features she really liked.
Ryan