• “DM for...”
1. Vichy

2. Nasty illness

3. See 2

4. Skinhead boots
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Worn & Wound collaboration

Post by drand »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:59 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:52 pm Also...words I hate:
  • Collab/collaboration
  • Influencer
  • Viral
  • “DM for...”
1. Vichy

2. Nasty illness

3. See 2

4. Skinhead boots
:lol: Very good! Also the use of 'x' to signify a collaboration really irks me, as I intuitively read it as a multiplication or cross-product symbol.

I'm a bit surprised that CW would do this. Not good or bad surprised, just that I would have thought they would have been down this road already if it were a part of a strategy. Perhaps it's a sign of a new direction. Still, I'm intrigued by what the watch is.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I might be reading too much into it but companies generally give a lot of thought to this stuff - The Christopher Ward used is the 12 o'clock above and below that has been the predominant position of late. Must be in conjunction with the virtual Windup this month.

EDIT: From the schedule I am guessing we will know on the 17th. The two things for that day are a special announcement from W&W followed up with a Mike France interview.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I’ll speculate this is a special LE issue with/exclusive to W&W similar to what Hodinkee enjoys with other watch manufacturers
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

rkovars wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:56 pm I might be reading too much into it but companies generally give a lot of thought to this stuff - The Christopher Ward used is the 12 o'clock above and below that has been the predominant position of late. Must be in conjunction with the virtual Windup this month.
Random Rob, who is a great YouTube reviewer, recently said in a video that they've been doing the center version far more lately and he feels it's only a matter of time before that becomes the official logo. They have a lot of the left-side dials left so production must be used up but he expects an announcement eventually. I fully agree with him as no one complains when it's in the center whatsoever. It yields a much more positive reaction on social media and sales would just be stronger across the board. I have one watch with the left logo and while I love the watch I don't care for the logo much.

Lots of brands have been collaborating with Worn & Wound on limited editions that sell out so this is good news. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 pm
Random Rob, who is a great YouTube reviewer, recently said in a video that they've been doing the center version far more lately and he feels it's only a matter of time before that becomes the official logo. They have a lot of the left-side dials left so production must be used up but he expects an announcement eventually. I fully agree with him as no one complains when it's in the center whatsoever. It yields a much more positive reaction on social media and sales would just be stronger across the board. I have one watch with the left logo and while I love the watch I don't care for the logo much.
FWIW LH logo has been a "no" for me. I can see why people buy in spite of because the watches are compelling VFM, but personally have not been motivated since LH was declared the standard.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

TP Fit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:12 am I agree with all the positive feedback on this watch! Spectacular, but I just got this email form Worn and Wound...

Special collaboration between CW and Worn and Wound only to be found on the Wind Up shop! So, you may want to keep your wallets closed until the unveiling comes out on the 17th... Cheers!

mail.jpeg
I’m really intrigued by the image, especially that numbered inner ring. That’s not a 24 hour counter, right? Perhaps a date wheel seen through a sapphire dial?
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

StrappedUp wrote:
jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:25 am
TP Fit wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:12 am I agree with all the positive feedback on this watch! Spectacular, but I just got this email form Worn and Wound...

Special collaboration between CW and Worn and Wound only to be found on the Wind Up shop! So, you may want to keep your wallets closed until the unveiling comes out on the 17th... Cheers!

mail.jpeg
I posted a reply to this comment over on this thread because it seemed a more appropriate place for my comment.

The date would only be orientated correctly at 12, so i'm more inclined to think it's a GMT ring and not a date wheel.
GMT sports watch? Could be some sort of way for CW to gauge the demand for this style of watch, although I've no doubt it'll be a success with all the hype it'll get on social media (dogs dinner or not).
Interesting speculation.

I wonder.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C60 Blue Limited Edition

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Looking at the spacing, Ryan, I don’t think it can possibly be a GMT ring. You have almost three divisions for every hour on the main chapter. That suggests a figure like 31 to me, and 11 is in about the right place**. I would be fairly sure it’s a pointer date.

**(If the 1st lines up with 1200. On the Moonglow it’s the 31st)
I'm inclined to agree Steve.

Caseback style suggests Dive watch. Looks hefty so I'm thinking C60 base.

An interesting departure from CW's norm.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:23 am I’m really intrigued by the image, especially that numbered inner ring. That’s not a 24 hour counter, right? Perhaps a date wheel seen through a sapphire dial?
I’m with you on the inner ring being date markings. 6 increments in a 10 minute section suggests to me we have a “pointer” on the table.

Edit: Just noticed Steve @AVO also mentioned this, and I concur.
Edit 2: Looks like a C65 crown to me.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I think these two threads are getting a bit mixed up, chaps. I wonder whether we ought to return to the Worn and Wound thread to continue discussing this one?
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:59 am I think these two threads are getting a bit mixed up, chaps. I wonder whether we ought to return to the Worn and Wound thread to continue discussing this one?
This is the Worn & Wound thread, Steve!
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:45 pm
This is the Worn & Wound thread, Steve!
There, you see. I’m all confused now. :oops: :lol:
Steve