Loupe 19

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Loupe 19

Post by drand »

Flicked through this issue today and the most fascinating page is the tease of the C60 Aero. This might be because the C65 chrono and new Abyss had already been revealed online but I'm genuinely looking forward to whatever the Aero is.

In my mind's eye it's a Breitling Colt-alike but that's based on what I want it to be rather than what's likely. Does anyone have any inside info?
shocolite
CW-watches: 5

Post by shocolite »

Yes, the C60 Aero has me interested also, especially as it's titanium......
C60 Elite 1000
C65 Trident Automatic
C60 BLUE LE
C60 Trident 300
C3 Malvern Chronograph mk.III
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Sailhawk
Casio G-Shock GST-W130BC-1AER & GA-800
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

^ The article for the C60 Aero mentions the "integrated crown" and the teaser pic shows it. It looks to be substantially recessed into the case such that it would be difficult to grasp. Does anyone have any idea of how this might work?

C60 Aero.jpg
Ian
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:36 pm
Davy Crockett wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:06 pm Not keen on the C65 chronograph but the C60 Abyss has got me thinking...maybe lusting =P~
:angel: The responsible thing to do would be to save your money for emergencies and retirement. :angel:

:twisted: :devil: DO IT. It’ll feel good and feeling good feels good! :devil: :twisted:

(The conversation that goes on in my head whenever I see a watch I want. Which is why I have to get wife’s approval before a watch purchase...)
Don't have a history of being responsible :lol: :lol:
ajax87 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:55 pm
ajax87 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:36 pm :angel: The responsible thing to do would be to save your money for emergencies and retirement. :angel:

:twisted: :devil: DO IT. It’ll feel good and feeling good feels good! :devil: :twisted:
I spent a lot of time with these two little guys earlier on in my watch-acquiring career. Homerus Angelus & Homerus Diabolus.

I just listen to Homerus Ipse (the one in the middle) these days.

96DA8F09-0452-4B8A-866A-BA673214BF74.jpeg
Glad to hear I’m not alone! Prudence is creeping in as I make my way through my 30s and with my first child and with another on the way. Until then, my retirement and savings accounts have my wife to thank.
30s are behind me and don't have kids, me and Ms C spend the money on ourselves :shock:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Davy Crockett wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:32 am
30s are behind me and don't have kids, me and Ms C spend the money on ourselves :shock:
Well then I look forward to seeing photos of your Abyss soon :lol:

I just had a chance to look at the new Loupe on the archive (haven’t received my copy yet) and the C60 Aero has piqued my interest. I’ve been looking at titanium watches lately. I just hope they can keep it around $1000-$1200, then I might be able to swing it. If I like the looks of it of course.

@Tortoise, I imagine the crown won’t be screw down, and will have a lip underneath to catch and pull it out. Just my guess. Being a C60 though, I imagine they’d want to keep the 600m wr rating? I’m excited to find out more.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

The twin flags logo looks quite cleanly machined - some kind of tool to unscrew it?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

It's just clicked :wink:

I think the crown is a push-push, spring-loaded arrangement. Anyone remember where we've seen something like that before?

With a case made of titanium and the bezel appearing to be of the non-rotating variety, I believe the C60 Aero could well be CWs answer to Omega's Aqua Terra Ultra Light.

Of course, I could be well wide of the mark.
Ryan
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

^ I’m thinking along the same lines as you. Although I expect the CWL to cost a bit less. :D
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Architecture of the case has a resemblance to the C7 Motorsport one with hollow lugs. :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Clach77 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 pm ^ I’m thinking along the same lines as you. Although I expect the CWL to cost a bit less. :D
Unless they're going to through a titanium SH21 inside :D

Edit- I just reminded myself of the AT list price :shock:
Even if they were crazy enough to make a titanium SH21, it ain't going anywhere near that RRP :lol:
Ryan
BarnabyNutt
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by BarnabyNutt »

MiniMpi wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 am I haven't received the Loupe magazine for awhile now unfortunately.
I'll check it out online over the weekend.
I only ever received it once despite signing up and requesting it each time it comes out. Perhaps Ireland is too far away?
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I only ever received it once despite signing up and requesting it each time it comes out. Perhaps Ireland is too far away?
It can't be geographical - the first people to get Loupe 19 were in Canada. CW's signing up process does seem a bit hit and miss doesn't it? Several people have commented (I'm one of them) that they don't get any emails, despite signing up. At least you can read Loupe online!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

I'm in Canada and have yet to receive my copy of Loupe19......voucher arrived (also oddly in USD) this week though
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I'm also in Canada and I received both the voucher (in USD) and Loupe 19.

After being non voluntarily off the email list for a few years I'm back on... magic.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300