15% off- what we're really waiting for!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Re: 15% off- what we're really waiting for!

Post by Lawrence »

Just arrived;

Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Mark_B
CW-watches: 5

Post by Mark_B »

Very nice Lawrence :-D

And nice arty lighting shot too!

I ordered a C65 Super Compressor at the weekend - black dial, orange leather - finally gave in and couldn't resist any more. - I was thinking its unlikely to be in a bigger discounted sale any time soon, or if it is the chances of me bagging one before they all go is minimal!!
CW: C8 Flyer UTC, C1000 Typhoon Cockpit Edition, C65 Super Compressor, C60 Trident 600 GMT, C63 Sealander GMT and Many others!
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

Lawrence wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm Just arrived;

I really like that C65 LE! How are you finding it so far?I'm hoping it will still be available next year when I have the watch funds built up again!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

RichM wrote:
I really like that C65 LE! How are you finding it so far?I'm hoping it will still be available next year when I have the watch funds built up again!

Being an LE of only 150 pieces and having been around since about this time last year, I wouldn't bank on it being around for too much longer.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

RichM wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:48 am
Lawrence wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm Just arrived;

I really like that C65 LE! How are you finding it so far? I'm hoping it will still be available next year when I have the watch funds built up again!
I am predisposed to the C65 line and have 3 others. When this first came out I knew I wanted one and finally pulled the trigger last week. I am extremely pleased with it.

As Guy mentioned, don't wait too long. I noticed it was on pre-order yesterday so perhaps the final batch of the 150 are arriving in November??

You won't regret it....
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

^^^ Thanks for the heads up. The pre-ordering is a change.

I've had to halve my hours at work to be daddy-day-care as we had no childcare due to Covid so it's taking me longer to build up the watch fund again. I'd have been better off being furloughed! I'm cautious about buying on finance as a result.

But I'm not complaining, if I can think about buying watches at least I'm not worried about paying the bills. Others will be in far more challenging situations.

My wife's a doctor and been *quite busy* over the last few months and me buying watches isn't high on her list of priorities!

I'll have to wait and keep my fingers crossed!
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

oh man..if I only seen this 2 days ago.....I guess I've saved me money till next time....
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Jamieb

Post by Jamieb »

When will the next discount happen ??
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

Jamieb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 pm When will the next discount happen ??
Black Friday?
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Today if its a blue dial watch
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Gripper
Senior
Senior

Post by Gripper »

Gripper wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:26 pm
Black Friday?
Blue Friday then :)
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
Copsych

Post by Copsych »

I used the discount to purchase my very first CW watch, the C60 Trident GMT all black. I received it on the West coast 7 days after ordering and have worn it the past six days. My last >$200 watch purchase was an Omega Seamaster in 2000. I am very impressed with the quality of the CW watch. IMO the case is not inferior to the Omega and the balance of watch with steel bracelet is superior to the Omega, a reason I got tired of wearing the Omega about 9 years ago. So far it’s keeping accurate time. I look forward to seeing the lume in a darkened cabin on an overnight flight to Europe when COVID is under control. I went last year but didn’t have a watch like this to enjoy.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Copsych wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:45 am I used the discount to purchase my very first CW watch, the C60 Trident GMT all black. I received it on the West coast 7 days after ordering and have worn it the past six days. My last >$200 watch purchase was an Omega Seamaster in 2000. I am very impressed with the quality of the CW watch. IMO the case is not inferior to the Omega and the balance of watch with steel bracelet is superior to the Omega, a reason I got tired of wearing the Omega about 9 years ago. So far it’s keeping accurate time. I look forward to seeing the lume in a darkened cabin on an overnight flight to Europe when COVID is under control. I went last year but didn’t have a watch like this to enjoy.

Congrats on the watch. Its a solid choice and you'll probably find the same results with almost all other cw's.
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonGermany »

Yes, congratulations and I hope you enjoy it.

My CWard C61 compares very favorably to the Seamaster Professional 300 I used to own.

In fact I prefer the Ward.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:28 pm
rkovars wrote:I wonder if 12 months is only available in the UK. I only get one option for PayPal and have an option to pay later once in PayPal. Only option is 6 months. I have had 12 months from other merchants but I don't know what has to go on in the back end in order to get it.
12 months PayPal might well be UK only.

Previously 0% finance with Klarna was UK only.

Is there anything in the FAQs?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I know we dropped this but I just noticed today (while checking the checkout process for the customs thread) that the 12 month option is there in the US now. There may have been something misconfigured on their end but now it is sorted. Just thought I would update the conversation for those that were interested.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London