15% off- what we're really waiting for!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: 15% off- what we're really waiting for!

Post by StrappedUp »

No problems. I should add that I haven't actually used it myself, although I keep getting emails telling me I'm eligible for it and I'm "invited" to set up a credit account.
Ryan
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I’ve used PayPal credit for a couple things- it’s less of a faff to use and set up than Klaarna. Which can be a bad thing as any impulse spend around £3/400 I think “I can spread it across a few months and it’s only X amount...”

It becomes a payment option whenever you pay for something online which again is handy but dangerous haha

I’m tempted by a blue SC and a moonglow but would probably rather wait for a bigger sale around Christmas as I’m happy enough with what I’ve got for once

I think the watches around £500 were so much easier to justify but as more and more creep above £1000 more consideration needs to be taken for me.
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

In the US, PayPal Credit is always 0% for 6 months. I always pay for watches this way. I either sell watches to pay it or just pay it from income. Easier.

Does anyone know for sure that CWL allows 12 month 0%?
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:18 pm Does anyone know for sure that CWL allows 12 month 0%?
Haven't used it, but it seems pretty clear from the CW finance page.
Ryan
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I just put a watch in the basket and fired over to PayPal and it gave me 6 months. Tried it with purchases both below $1000 and above $1000 with the same result.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

When you checkout and come to "Billing and Payment", you can either checkout using 'PayPal' or 'PayPal Credit' buttons. If you checkout using normal 'PayPal' link, it will give you their standard 0% terms (assuming you already have a PayPal credit account).

I clicked on the 'PayPal Credit' button and it then offered me 6 or 12 month terms. After this I would have needed to apply for a credit account.
Ryan
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

I wonder if 12 months is only available in the UK. I only get one option for PayPal and have an option to pay later once in PayPal. Only option is 6 months. I have had 12 months from other merchants but I don't know what has to go on in the back end in order to get it.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

rkovars wrote:I wonder if 12 months is only available in the UK. I only get one option for PayPal and have an option to pay later once in PayPal. Only option is 6 months. I have had 12 months from other merchants but I don't know what has to go on in the back end in order to get it.
12 months PayPal might well be UK only.

Previously 0% finance with Klarna was UK only.

Is there anything in the FAQs?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Just takes you to the generic PayPal Credit page. It does show both 6 and 12 month options there. If I remember correctly (it has been a long time since I have looked into this) the merchant has control over what to allow as an offer but I am not 100% certain on this point.
Jack London
leelee
Expert
Expert

Post by leelee »

£760 for a blue leather c65 super compressor, I couldn't resist.
jrpippen
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by jrpippen »

I suppose it cold be attributed to them not being able to offer any discount in store or haggle at all.

But it doesn’t really work. It would Just upset me if I bought one at full price and it was on sale the next month. Not really a way to develop brand loyalty. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
usclassic

Post by usclassic »

I am new here and just bought my first CW wristwatch, a preowned C60 Trident Pro 600 43mm Steel case, White dial on Stainless Steel Bracelet. In researching the brand some other owners mentioned that they bought theirs @40% off during previous promotions and that is how they acquired their collections . If the CW original business model of 3X cost direct to online buyers still applies then those larger discounts still make them some money but who is going to buy at full or even 15% off when another 40% may be waiting around the corner?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

usclassic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm I am new here and just bought my first CW wristwatch, a preowned C60 Trident Pro 600 43mm Steel case, White dial on Stainless Steel Bracelet. In researching the brand some other owners mentioned that they bought theirs @40% off during previous promotions and that is how they acquired their collections . If the CW original business model of 3X cost direct to online buyers still applies then those larger discounts still make them some money but who is going to buy at full or even 15% off when another 40% may be waiting around the corner?
Generally the best you might do on a current/desirable or Limited Edition model might be a rare "Nearly New" example for 30% off but they don't hang around for long on the CW website. The bi-annual sales do usually have some at 50% off but normally old/end of line and less popular models.
So 15% off is a decent discount and if I really wanted a model then I don't think I'd want to wait around on the off chance of getting an additional 15% off by finding a NN one, but some might think that was worth doing.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
usclassic

Post by usclassic »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:09 pm
usclassic wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm I am new here and just bought my first CW wristwatch, a preowned C60 Trident Pro 600 43mm Steel case, White dial on Stainless Steel Bracelet. In researching the brand some other owners mentioned that they bought theirs @40% off during previous promotions and that is how they acquired their collections . If the CW original business model of 3X cost direct to online buyers still applies then those larger discounts still make them some money but who is going to buy at full or even 15% off when another 40% may be waiting around the corner?
Generally the best you might do on a current/desirable or Limited Edition model might be a rare "Nearly New" example for 30% off but they don't hang around for long on the CW website. The bi-annual sales do usually have some at 50% off but normally old/end of line and less popular models.
So 15% off is a decent discount and if I really wanted a model then I don't think I'd want to wait around on the off chance of getting an additional 15% off by finding a NN one, but some might think that was worth doing.
Thanks, good to know.
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Extended for another 24 hours to end Monday.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."