Help Requested - Selling Advice

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Help Requested - Selling Advice

Post by Leon O »

In a nutshell, I'd like to rebuild the family emergency fund - nothing catastrophic occurred, we just had a couple unexpected expenses. I have 2 or 3 watches I don't wear much, and would like some help on setting prices for the USA eBay market.
  • C5 Malvern 595 with unused tan strap,
    C60 300 Chronograph Quartz with unused bracelet, and
    C65 Vintage Diver with unused QR bracelet.
The first 2 were purchased in NN condition and the C65 was one of the new 1/2 price pieces offered during the July sale. They are all nearly mint or better.

Do ethics require that I disclose they were purchases NN, or do I just accurately describe the condition. Since I would like to pad the prices a bit, I figure eBay is the place to go. Also, I am not very experienced with PayPal.

THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION so please DON'T PM me, unless I move a watch to the sales corner or eBay.

Any advice for quick fair pricing and expectations would be appreciated.

TIA

Leon O
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Re: Help Requested - Selling Advice

Post by monkeymax »

For starters, I'd suggest looking through the CW Archives on here, link at the top of the page. For example, looking at the 595, you find this page:
https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... fcfe732bd/
In there is a link to "Resale and Pricing Information" where Kip has done some very diligent work documenting sold prices of the different models. It's worth looking for the exact models of your watches to get an idea of sold prices on there to know where to start pricing them, I think.

Ethics side is completely up to you - after all people buy NN in a sale at discounted price then immediately post them for sale on eBay at just under full price and they obviously sell at that price. I know what I'd do, but ultimately it's your call in my opinion.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

You will be selling a used watch, so how you bought it is not relevant.
There's always time for one more.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Also worth trawling back through ebay sold items in their search facility and check Chrono24 too. Between those resources and the archives you'll have a good idea of where to pitch pricing.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I tend to use chrono24 as a reference point as ebay can be so broad with price ranges for items due to the ways you can list, or even just peoples expectations.
The cw archives are equally accurate.

I agree that describing the watch accurately is far more important than describing how you bought it.
adg31
Junior
Junior

Post by adg31 »

If you’re selling a NN watch I think you should ensure that you let your potential customers know before bidding rather than when they finally receive their watch - if nothing else it simply saves any problems later!
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Speaking as somebody who more or less only buys pre-owned, only four things matter (assuming a genuine buyer):

Condition
Price
Box/papers etc.
clear title transfer

NN does not come into it so long as you honestly describe within "used" or whichever euphemism you prefer.

Best of luck with it
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Thank you my friends.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi