Question about limited editions

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Question about limited editions

Post by J0EMI »

I am interested in purchasing the C65 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC Limited Edition seen here -

https://www.christopherward.com/retro-d ... K1-VK.html

It says that it is available for pre order for early November, but I have since realised that this watch actually came out about a year ago, so my question is, since this is a 500 piece limited edition, is the pre order simply for a new batch, and 500 haven't sold yet?

Thank you for any help.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Question about limited editions

Post by Thermexman »

Yes, you are correct. They only build them in small batches to keep up with orders. It is entirely possible that they may not complete all 500, if orders dry up. They wouldn’t make more than the 500 though.
Steve.
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Thank you for your reply, it had puzzled me. Looking forward to ordering my first CW watch, and exciting to know that only a small few in the world will share the same watch making it unique.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

By the way, I have the "standard" bronze with a blue hybrid strap, and really enjoy wearing it. That ombre special looks fantastic. I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come.
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

I am excited to see the unique patina developing over time, I like the 'rustic' worn look personally. Good to know you're enjoying yours 👍🏼
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I have one, it's fantastic. I love it.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Lawrence wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:01 am I have one, it's fantastic. I love it.
Would you be able to tell me how durable the bezel and bronze is? I know the case is bronze, but with the bezel being what is described as anodised aluminium I am a bit worried about scratching it, as I am looking to get a new 'everyday' watch that I can wear to work. I'm not too sure how well the bezel would fair against knocks and scrapes, or whether it would in actual fact enhance the vintage look of the watch should it get any marks on it.

Thanks!
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I now have 4 ~ C65's with the aluminum bezel. I cannot see any marks or scuffs and I've had two of them for at least 3 years. They are all fine. Two are stainless and two bronze. The bronze on the blue SH21 has developed a more traditional patina while the ombre has not gone too dark and it still gold like.

I don't do hard labour with them on and only use them around home, work/travel (when we used to travel) and social occasions.

Hope this helps.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300