Its what we've all been waiting for . . . .. .

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Its what we've all been waiting for . . . .. .

Post by drand »

It's a good looking watch and I expect it will sell well. It has a very Trident identity. I look forward to seeing how the C65 chronograph carves out its own space in the range.

I haven't been too moved by CW releases over the past couple of years but the Super Compressor, Lympstone and now this are strong designs.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I love bi-compax chronos so this looks good to me, and the name is in the 'right' place too! Not sure about the yellow - it's a little bit 'shouty' to me. On the other hand, had it been orange highlights I may well have gone for one. Maybe other variations will be released in due course.

Regarding the height, I found that my Beast seemed to shrink the moment I put it on a rubber strap. It sat tall on the bracelet but the strap enabled iit to be tightened down a bit more while retaining comfort. Despite my initial reservations, a few days on the wrist and you really don't even notice the height.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Why no pics?!

Not bad, not outstanding. Feels like a fairly "safe" play by CW, design-wise, but there's enough to like and, for me at least, the logo is relatively inoffensive on this model.

However, the proportions seem slightly off to me - very stocky (and I say this as an owner of the 600 Pro Chrono) - and seems a tad squashed. Some of the smaller Omega POs also have this issue of trying to cram too many chunky elements into a smaller space.

As someone mentioned above, it is very much and unmistakably a Trident, so looking forward to seeing the C65.

I'd also like to see some other colour options for this model.
C60-42ACH3-S0KK0-B0_Picture_5(1).jpg
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

baldrick wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:34 am Feels like a fairly "safe" play by CW, design-wise...

I'd also like to see some other colour options for this model.
A couple of observations, mainly about colours. And these are purely observations because I have no interest in buying the watch.

You are not the first person to comment on the colour scheme. This yellow does seem to be in vogue at the moment. Personally I think other colours might be more attractive or standout.

We have seen the tendency before to introduce a safe option for a new model and then within a fairly short space of time introduce the more colourful and/or attractive variations.

So what happens when or if** different colours are introduced: light blue, orange, for example? Do the people who jumped in early end up kicking themselves and possibly trying to sell on?

**NB. Pure speculation on my part – I have absolutely no information on any subsequent releases.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

nbg wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:20 pm
It looks good. Whilst I don’t mind a 30 minute counter on a more dress style Chronograph, I have always viewed a full 12 hour counter as far more useful on a tool watch Chronograph such as this.

Neil
Agreed - but pleased that the previous Micky-Mouse 'small seconds' aka 'Breather' has been abandoned !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Richard D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 pm I’m disappointed, I was looking forward to getting my hands on this watch. At 17.2mm and a rather high protruding case back it will make for an uncomfortable wear for me.

4C620818-88E9-4BC6-9F12-225F6AA38C34.png
Reminds me of the Omega 'BubbleBack' style in the 1940s when Automatic Wind was introduced !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Laird wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:35 am
Richard D wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 pm I’m disappointed, I was looking forward to getting my hands on this watch. At 17.2mm and a rather high protruding case back it will make for an uncomfortable wear for me.

4C620818-88E9-4BC6-9F12-225F6AA38C34.png
Reminds me of the Omega 'BubbleBack' style in the 1940s when Automatic Wind was introduced !
I believe Rolex also produced an Oyster BubbleBack back in the 40s. Designed to hid the thickness of the watch, again because of the movement by visually slimming down the watchcase with a protruding case back. It might be what CW have attempted to do this with this watch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Chronograph

Post by jimbo »

Great looking watch on the website Kip.

I am very very tempted, however do you know if they are likely to make a chronometer version?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Richard D wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:45 am
I believe Rolex also produced an Oyster BubbleBack back in the 40s. Designed to hid the thickness of the watch, again because of the movement by visually slimming down the watchcase with a protruding case back. It might be what CW have attempted to do this with this watch.

Apologies, I did of course mean 'Rolex' .... another brain cell consumed by last night's Port !
Lochinvar

Post by Lochinvar »

There is nothing remarkable about this watch, just another generic offing in a market already overpopulated with chronograph style watches from any number of watchmakers. I think it would be better proportioned in a 43mm case as there is a lot of detail on this dial which seems to me a tad cluttered. Perhaps a different dial coloured variant would be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye 🤔😊😉.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Laird wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04 am
Richard D wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:45 am

Apologies, I did of course mean 'Rolex' .... another brain cell consumed by last night's Port !

No problem, we have all been there. :lol:
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Clach77 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:40 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:31 pm
Clach77 wrote:These’s a lot to like in this watch. But the DLC (which I think is the first use as opposed to PVD for CWL) puts me off a bit. I’d rather have had a steel finish like the case.

In any case, I already have a black C60 Chronograph. The biggest disappointment for me is that I was hoping for a black and yellow hybrid strap. I have an existing watch I wanted one for.
Where are you getting DLC from Alex?

Its Brushed Steel.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
It depends on the photos if it looks like bezel is black or not. From the photo below I was thinking it was black to match the DLC case back. I hope that I am wrong. :) I wasn’t clear in my post that I was referring to the bezel.

Having looked at some more photos and watched the Video, I get it now. The Case is steel, with the Bezel and Caseback being DLC Black.

Apologies if my initial comment seemed a bit off.

Its a bit of a hybrid then. Rather like the C60 Trident Pro 600 Titanium #1

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I agree that the design is squarely within the trend of the Mk 3 C60 Trident. I think it had to be. CW want this to be a big seller and the obeying all the forms of the current C60 is a good way to do that. It's conventional, modern design that wants to please. I rather like it and don't mind that it is within the current design space. I think it needed to be to flesh out the C60 range. It's clearly a CW, clearly a C60 Trident and the design touches it does have (ring around the subdial) shape of sub-dial hands and the colour way give it enough visual excitement.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm
Apologies if my initial comment seemed a bit off.

Guy
No need to apologise. :thumbup:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

Are there any lume pictures yet?