C60 MK3 black or white? (real photos anyone?)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Efeo

Re: C60 MK3 black or white? (real photos anyone?)

Post by Efeo »

I'm bored of black dials in diver. The white one would be my election

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

wanged

Post by wanged »

I ordered a black C60 but then initiated a return to get a white one instead... Now hearing these issues about legibility I'm not so sure. I wish the C60 were offered with black outlined hands.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

wanged wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 am I wish the C60 were offered with black outlined hands.
If my C60 GMT MK2 had black outlined hands I'd never have sold it
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

wanged wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 am I ordered a black C60 but then initiated a return to get a white one instead... Now hearing these issues about legibility I'm not so sure. I wish the C60 were offered with black outlined hands.
Hang in there and judge for yourself I'd say. I do concede that it would have better legibility with black hands, but I have no problems with it as it is.
For me, this would take away what I liked most about the watch. With the silver hands/markers, it perfectly straddles the line between dressy and sporty.

Also, I've never fully understood it when people refer to not being able to tell the time with the white C60 "at a glance". It takes all of a few seconds to re-position if required to get a better view. In truth, how quickly can one really need to tell the time?
Personally, I've had more problems with darker dial watches with inadequate/zero AR coating.

** fully understand that some peoples eyesight will not get on with the white dial **
Ryan
GregM

Post by GregM »

Depending on the hands' color... I would advise to go for the one that make the reading easy...

If hand are white or metal/grey I would advise black. Black makes the watch look more sporty and white makes it more calssy... (my point of view)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

StrappedUp wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm Also, I've never fully understood it when people refer to not being able to tell the time with the white C60 "at a glance". It takes all of a few seconds to re-position if required to get a better view......
I sold a MK2 GMT due to the legibility of the hands. You are correct that in most light it is easy to move the watch head to catch the light. However the issue, for me at least, came in low light conditions.

As a GMT I wore the watch as a travel watch and used it to tell the time overnight, in the early hours when the lume had faded then it was impossible to tell the time. It also used to happen is dark bars with low lighting levels.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
DogeIRL

Post by DogeIRL »

I think the black dial is a safer bet, but the white dial is certainly eye catching at the cost of legibility due to the silver hands. Can't go wrong either though