New purchase - should I buy the bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
WalterSMonaco
Senior
Senior

Re: New purchase - should I buy the bracelet?

Post by WalterSMonaco »

Get the bracelet. Best decision I made for my GmT
Tag Heuer Monaco Cal 12
Tag Heuer Link Cal 16
Hamilton Khaki “Murph”
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro GMT
Tudor BB steel
Tudor BB GMT
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

I’d say definitely get the bracelet- it’s really well made and the adjustable clasp is brilliantly functional

What I would say as a slightly faffing about option (I nearly did this recently)- is to buy a preowned c60 watch on here or eBay with the same size bracelet and then sell the watch with a leather strap or nato. It gives you the option to try a new watch and potentially to subsidise the cost of the bracelet.
Eg I wanted a £155 c65 bracelet but there was a nearly new c65 blue dial on bracelet for about 350, which would have meant I could have sold the c65 blue dial for £250/300 or kept it as a bonus watch
“Is a hobby or an addiction...?” 😂
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Fat-Sam wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:18 pm I’d say definitely get the bracelet- it’s really well made and the adjustable clasp is brilliantly functional

What I would say as a slightly faffing about option (I nearly did this recently)- is to buy a preowned c60 watch on here or eBay with the same size bracelet and then sell the watch with a leather strap or nato. It gives you the option to try a new watch and potentially to subsidise the cost of the bracelet.
Eg I wanted a £155 c65 bracelet but there was a nearly new c65 blue dial on bracelet for about 350, which would have meant I could have sold the c65 blue dial for £250/300 or kept it as a bonus watch
“Is a hobby or an addiction...?” 😂
Mind = BLOWN. Haha. I (unfortunately) jump at any excuse to get a new watch. Didn’t consider this before, but since the C60 40mm uses the same bracelet, might as well wait till one comes up on eBay or nearly new. The quick release change on the bracelet looks like a cool feature too, easy to switch out.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I've got a c65 vintage diver blue on camel leather. I really do like the style, the bezel reminds me of some speedmasters and would probably buy the same in black on a bracelet if one happened along at a good price.
wanged

Post by wanged »

I've read here and on WUS that there might be a new bracelet coming out with screws instead of pins. Maybe it's worth waiting until then to see if you really want one?