Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Red Bezel Tridents

Post by H0rati0 »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 pm

They look good in photos, see pic above, but not good for quick glances. In certain lighting, the hands disappear. For my eyes anyway.
Very true, the hands should have been blued steel, but I like mine anyway! Gratuitous shot on CW blue rubber:
IMG_0733.jpeg
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 pm Only for you young bucks with good eyes.

I’ve had variations of white dials (red, green, black, blue bezels) They look good in photos, see pic above, but not good for quick glances. In certain lighting, the hands disappear. For my eyes anyway.
Haha! I’m hardly a young buck, and I’m blind as a bat. I’ll add that I have neither a tuxedo nor a white dial dive watch.

On a more serious note in regards to readability on a white dial watch, one off the things I really like about the C65 Anthropocene is that the hands are black. I think this dramatically improves readability. I wish it wasn’t an LE because I’d love to add it to my collection further down the road.
Drew
unforced_error
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by unforced_error »

Someone on another thread just said the red bezel is being discontinued. Is that true?
C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC SH21 - Red Bezel LE
Bel Canto - Watches@ LE
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I have to say, that somewhere on the Forum someone else agrees with me. Please step forward.

White hands on a White dial invariably don’t work. Photos yes, but real world no.

Now you can bet your life that in the next few posts, someone will show a picture disproving this theory.

But as ever, it’s all down to taste etc, not to mention eyesight.

My red bezel/black dial/white hands has superb legibility. Far outstripping the white dials, even tho I agree they look fabulous in pics. So any buyers beware of quick glances, you have been warned!!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

unforced_error wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:16 pm Someone on another thread just said the red bezel is being discontinued. Is that true?
It's true. Mike France mentioned it during one of CW's GTGs. Their supplier had decided to stop producing that colour.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:19 pm I have to say, that somewhere on the Forum someone else agrees with me. Please step forward.

White hands on a White dial invariably don’t work. Photos yes, but real world no.

Now you can bet your life that in the next few posts, someone will show a picture disproving this theory.

My red bezel/black dial/white hands has superb legibility. Far outstripping the white dials, even tho I agree they look fabulous in pics. So any buyers beware of quick glances, you have been warned!!
They don't work well in many lighting situations. The C60 is not as bad as other white dials I have. I don't know if it's because the hands are larger, or due to the wavy dial, but they do show up for me in most light. Stlll, I'd like to see a white C60 with black hands and markers, a la the Explorer 2 Polar.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
unforced_error
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by unforced_error »

Squalus wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:46 pm
unforced_error wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:16 pm Someone on another thread just said the red bezel is being discontinued. Is that true?
It's true. Mike France mentioned it during one of CW's GTGs. Their supplier had decided to stop producing that colour.
Thanks for that info :thumbup:
C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC SH21 - Red Bezel LE
Bel Canto - Watches@ LE
Wintersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Wintersports »

Should anyone have an interest in a red bezel trident.... drum roll...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=54996
C7 Rapide Mk2,
Tag Aquaracer
Breitling Superocean Chrono
Omega Seamaster Vintage 1947
Panerai on Metta Catharina Strap
Cartier Santos - worn by Mrs
Two Steinharts, Phoibos, Keinzle
Parnis. Heimdallr Willard, Steeldive bronze... all boys' toys
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

That red/black in SC is rather nice :thumbup:
I was going to create a white/red bezel but wanted something different, I was however not very brave and went with the c60 300 (quartz)to limit risk, have since done a movemwnt swap on an auto (non CW) and with either its fine as long as you do your research and precisely measure to validate BEFORE (I learnt this one by experience 🙄) proceeding. I know its not red but here's the C60...
IMG_20200602_003744.jpg
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lu.. »

Wintersports wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm Should anyone have an interest in a red bezel trident.... drum roll...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=54996
it's a quartz :(
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:31 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Lu.. wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:48 pm The white dial looks nice.....much more dressier vs the black dial...
My exact thoughts on a white dial dive watch. It’s like the tuxedo of dive watches. And a colored bezel adds in that splash of sartorial style.
Only for you young bucks with good eyes.

I’ve had variations of white dials (red, green, black, blue bezels) They look good in photos, see pic above, but not good for quick glances. In certain lighting, the hands disappear. For my eyes anyway.
True on some white dial watches but I've had no problem with this particular watch. I think the outline of the hands provides (at least for me) enough contrast.
Lu..
Senior
Senior

Post by Lu.. »

can anybody tell me what model this is....I looked in CWarchives and I can't find a "vintage" version....I like the off white/gold indices and hands...gives it a nostalgic look...just want to see if there is a red bezel version...

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=40786&p=598318&hil ... ge#p598318
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

^^^The topic that you linked to in the Reference Gallery tells you the model.

Here is the link to the C60 Trident Pro 600 Vintage 38mm variant (C60-38-AUTO-SVKK-S) in the CWArchives.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:19 pm I have to say, that somewhere on the Forum someone else agrees with me. Please step forward.

I'll agree! After much deliberation I sold my white dial C60 GMT a few months ago. I liked that watch a lot but it sat in the box most of the time due to legibility. A 'quick glance' watch it aint and so it went. If it had black hands or even blued it would still be with me with keeper status. Aesthetically it was a gorgeous watch, practicality not so good.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:18 pm
I'll agree! After much deliberation I sold my white dial C60 GMT a few months ago. I liked that watch a lot but it sat in the box most of the time due to legibility. A 'quick glance' watch it aint and so it went. If it had black hands or even blued it would still be with me with keeper status. Aesthetically it was a gorgeous watch, practicality not so good.
Thanks for your support Chris.

As many on here know, I was unlucky in recent sale concerning a Blue C60 Chronograph. So CW very generously offered me 50% off another watch. I went for the C60 Trident 42mm Mk3, black bezel, white dial. Such a mistake. Fantastic watch, great build, feel, lume, qr bracelet, the works. But legibility was just not there, so it had to go. :(

I now have the same amazing watch, but with black bezel/black dial. Very very happy.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain