Money, meet mouth

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rockmastermike
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Money, meet mouth

Post by Rockmastermike »

I came to CW via the new super compressor and fell in love with the Sandhurst. After a couple of days deliberating I put my money where my mouth is as they say and placed an order for the Sandhurst just now.

I'll report back when it arrives in the States

Super compressor is still on the list but this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: Money, meet mouth

Post by albionphoto »

Welcome aboard. It's good to see another CW (soon to be anyway) owner in the US.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

I'm sure you'll love the Sandhurst... within their range, I think the C65 military series are great watches, understated and very good value (they are COSC certified chronometers) :thumbup:

Look forward to a photo or two when it arrives... enjoy :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Rockmastermike
Senior
Senior

Post by Rockmastermike »

JasperCat wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:29 pm I'm sure you'll love the Sandhurst... within their range, I think the C65 military series are great watches, understated and very good value (they are COSC certified chronometers) :thumbup:

Look forward to a photo or two when it arrives... enjoy :D
albionphoto wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:38 pm Welcome aboard. It's good to see another CW (soon to be anyway) owner in the US.
Thanks, guys :thumbup:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Seems like CWs are the M&Ms of the watch world - You can't have just 1! :lol:

Welcome!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I'm with you. Inwent off the deep end on CW. With the sale and some NN watches being posted in July, I'm 6 watches deep....all for less than the Omega I was looking at.

A member on another forum posted a pic of a C60 Trident 600 that he had purchased. He regularly posts his Panerai collection...so money isn't an issue with him.

His quote..."Omega quality in an affordable price range."
I took that as a compliment to CW and I started doing my research. I can say, I'm in agreement with him. I find the quality of these watches to punch way above their weight.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rockmastermike
Senior
Senior

Post by Rockmastermike »

rkovars wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:51 pm Seems like CWs are the M&Ms of the watch world - You can't have just 1! :lol:

Welcome!
Working on it :lol:
brash47 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm I'm with you. Inwent off the deep end on CW. With the sale and some NN watches being posted in July, I'm 6 watches deep....all for less than the Omega I was looking at.

A member on another forum posted a pic of a C60 Trident 600 that he had purchased. He regularly posts his Panerai collection...so money isn't an issue with him.

His quote..."Omega quality in an affordable price range."
I took that as a compliment to CW and I started doing my research. I can say, I'm in agreement with him. I find the quality of these watches to punch way above their weight.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Good to hear and I'm keeping an eye out for the next sale/NN watches.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Keep checking regularly. They seem to be refreshing what is available as NN quite frequently.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Good choice, old chap! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Rockmastermike wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 pm I came to CW via the new super compressor and fell in love with the Sandhurst. After a couple of days deliberating I put my money where my mouth is as they say and placed an order for the Sandhurst just now.

I'll report back when it arrives in the States
If I could afford it at the moment, the Sandhurst would be my next. Great choice on your part. Looking forward to pictures.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi