Loupe - New Releases and Promo Code

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
brash47
Expert
Expert

Re: Loupe - New Releases and Promo Code

Post by brash47 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:16 pm Thanks for posting this Patrick.

Interesting that CW have selected the C60, over and above the C65, for the Royal Marines watch.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I'm not surprised. USMC here :). We as Marines get the harder rated watch. This is because we are much tougher than the other branches and need that ruggedness.....

(Here it comes........)

brash
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

brash47 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 pm
I'm not surprised. USMC here :). We as Marines get the harder rated watch. This is because we are much tougher than the other branches and need that ruggedness.....

(Here it comes........)

brash
Couldn't agree more, they wouldn't even let us use the full assault course back in my day... aircrew are quite delicate you know :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm Nice watches but the CW ship has sailed for me.

Still too much marketing garbage for me: 'Glass act', 'Black pool illuminations' etc, I'm sure the new Loupe will be full of the same so won't bother looking at it. :roll:
I hate to admit it Chris but I’m with you mate. I really wanted to put a CW back in the box but I’m really struggling to feel a connection to the company anymore. Things move on I suppose but CW are a million miles away from the company I’ve bought 8 watches from in the past. I really wish now I’d have held onto one of my older logo models as a reminder to when they were my ‘go to’ for a new watch. I’ll be keeping an eye on sales corner for an older model that rings my bell but, as far as new watches are concerned, I can’t see me spending with them but never say never - something may change my mind in future but I doubt it.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:40 pm I think it's going for something like this look... https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/b ... 9230r-0012

I agree that white might look good too, but do quite like this vintage style lume, however I'd need to see it in person first... maybe an early(ish) Xmas present :lol:
I’ve got nothing against vintage lume. I love it on my C65 Trident Vintage, but for some inexplicable reason I just DON’T like it on the C65 Trident Auto.

Now that Black Bay, that’s just a thing of beauty to me and looks significantly better than the red bezel C65 Trident auto. I think what makes the big difference for me is the gold accents on the BB versus the silver accents on the C65.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

New releases. Nothing horrible there, but nothing either that gets me reaching for the wallet.

There are a few people on the forum whom I tend to regard as barometers when it comes to new release time. Not the ones who are super enthusiastic about everything, nor the ones who always seem to find some little fault that they could improve on. Somewhere in the middle, which I suppose is what makes them good barometers. I have noticed over time that when these individuals are enthusiastic about a new watch, it tends to do well. I won’t embarrass them by naming them, but you may have a little fun scratching your head. :silent:

Anyway, according to my barometers the Super Compressor and Lympstone could be destined for a bright future. Response to the bronze C60 and the red/black TD has been slightly more muted, so difficult to tell at this stage. As far as I can see with these two it’s a case of cosmetic adjustments, but basically “as you were”.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

The only recent watch they've produced I like was the AM GT, but money at the time wasn't available.

The new ones, just don't like the super compressor, and I like the dial of the Lympstone, but otherwise no.

so not for me...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I certainly reckon that the Super Compressor will do very well. :thumbup:

Subject to seeing real life pics I will likely buy one on a bracelet as a nearly new. :)

Whilst for me a so called Super Compressor is more about the style of watch than the original technical concept, it is to CW’s credit that they have constructed it as a true Super Compressor. :clap:

The Lympstone is a strange one. Not sure what to make of it.

The texture/colour of the dial is pure genius. As someone rather familiar with the Exe estuary, I cant get out of my mind visions of being stuck in the rather dark, oozing mud that is exposed at low tide. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

My copy of Loupe came through the letter box this morning.

Some really interesting stuff in it. :-k :-k

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 am My copy of Loupe came through the letter box this morning.

Some really interesting stuff in it. :-k :-k

Guy
Same here, plus an envelope with a letter and the £100 off voucher included.

Now heading to eBay to sell voucher as I don’t need it at the moment. :lol:

Plus, I’m very interested in the upcoming Beatles documentary by Peter Jackson, released 4 September (see page 40)
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Amor Vincit Omnia

Voucher but no Loupe.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Loupe but no voucher.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia

scooter wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:58 pm Loupe but no voucher.

scooter
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:26 pm Voucher but no Loupe.
Loaves and fishes?
Steve

Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I’ve not commented on the new releases yet (so it’s not me that AVO is commenting on :D ), but I don’t think I’ll be working out how to fund any of them. Thankfully. :lol:

The Super Compressor is just not for me. It has some great features, but I’m not a fan of the case shape. The Lympstone is much more to my taste. I’d rather there had been a date. When I read ‘carbon’ I was excited that the case was black carbon or ceramic. But it’s just the dial so this is another no. And the bronze C60 is smaller than I like. Which makes me regret selling my C60 MkII bronze. I may pick one of them up one day. So two out of three that I essentially like with reservations and one which I don’t really like.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Ailurophile
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by Ailurophile »

Clach77 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:42 pm The Super Compressor is just not for me. It has some great features, but I’m not a fan of the case shape.
I agree about the case shape, but I love everything else about it - especially the dial. However, I'm not in the market for a new watch for myself, however, I was planning on buying a C60 Sapphire for my son's first real watch, so the voucher is timely. (And I received both the Loupe and the voucher).
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Can tissues of Loupe be read online anymore? My print copy has yet to arrive here in the states, and I can't seem to find a digital version on the CW website like one could find before.
Drew