Loupe - New Releases and Promo Code

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Loupe - New Releases and Promo Code

Post by tikkathree »

monkeymax wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:38 pm Not sure if I should've actually posted those as they're a day early so mods can remove if needed.
My post is datestamped at Thursday 27th August 1340 London time: it's all there on the CW website so Monkeymax should relax and we should all enjoy......https://www.christopherward.com/retro-d ... 5019821251

Ding I want to like the C65 Super compressor but it's not immediate for me. (Hey, I'm only just getting used to the Mk3 handset :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but the other releases?

This I'm warming to:

As I am this:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Eeeeek, I have had an allergic reaction to the compressor. Defo not on my wish list!
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

That Super Compressor looks rather good. :thumbup:

Edit:
Nope changed my mind. WTF, why have they done away with the word mark at 9 and moved it to a rather outdated position at 12. :shock: :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Squalus
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by Squalus »

Is it safe to assume that former and current Royal Marines will be highly impressed with the C60 Lympstone?

In my opinion, CW has hit the proverbial ball out of the park with this design. My only complaint is no available bracelet but it looks great on the hybrid straps.

I wondered if CW would ever incorporate a carbon fibre dial. It's different to what I was expecting but an excellent look.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

All these new watches look great. I'm liking this one... not a new model, but different colour scheme :thumbup:

https://www.christopherward.com/retro-d ... K0-B0.html

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 14.11.38.png
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Squalus wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:10 pm Is it safe to assume that former and current Royal Marines will be highly impressed with the C60 Lympstone?
That C60 Lympstone is a great and tough looking watch. I love the rotatable compass bearings on the inside (lumed too). However, as ex RAF (and thus owning a C65 Cranwell), I'm torn as to whether I could ever own one... I would think though, if you are a current (or ex) Royal Marine, you've got a great watch here :thumbup:

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 14.21.54.png
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
eric72
Senior
Senior

Post by eric72 »

You think the hybrid straps will work on the compressor?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

The Lympstone could do with the motif not word mark at 12.

The super compressor is interesting, but Farer are surely the kings of that right now?
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm All these new watches look great. I'm liking this one... not a new model, but different colour scheme :thumbup:

https://www.christopherward.com/retro-d ... K0-B0.html

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 14.11.38.png
It is a looker...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Nothing there for me presently unfortunately.

Love the dial colour on the blue super compressor but that's about all I like of that one. I hope they use that dial colour on another watch.

The Lympstone lume is great and it looks good with the orange edged strap as it matches the watch well - I'm not in the market for such a watch presently but will probably go look at it some time.

Also I did notice that they've released the white dialled C60 in 40mm - shame the "you know what" is still at 9 ( :lol: :oops: ) as I'd probably buy 1 otherwise.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:25 pm Love the dial colour on the blue super compressor but that's about all I like of that one. I hope they use that dial colour on another watch.
Anyone up for a 40mm C60 FLE with the super-compressors blue dial and the steel bezel from the C60 Sapphire?

Add a touch of yellow to the 12 triangle, minute/hour markers and the all important lollipop seconds hand and bam :silent:
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:35 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:25 pm Love the dial colour on the blue super compressor but that's about all I like of that one. I hope they use that dial colour on another watch.
Anyone up for a 40mm C60 FLE with the super-compressors blue dial and the steel bezel from the C60 Sapphire?

Add a touch of yellow to the 12 triangle, minute/hour markers and the all important lollipop seconds hand and bam :silent:
Ooooh, the 'FLE' subject again - I'll get the popcorn to sit back and watch :lol: :lol:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Nice watches but the CW ship has sailed for me.

Still too much marketing garbage for me: 'Glass act', 'Black pool illuminations' etc, I'm sure the new Loupe will be full of the same so won't bother looking at it. :roll:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a hard pass on all three for me!

The C65 Super Compressor is a dog. I don’t like it at all, and I really wanted to.

The C65 Trident Auto with the red bezel - not to my personal tastes, but not a bad looking watch in general. I think the red bezel would look better with white lume rather than the vintage lume

The C60 Lympstone is an impressive watch! I like the look, it’s a total tool watch in appearance. No way could I pull that watch off though!

The C60 Trident Bronze, again, not to my taste personally, but a good looking watch overall.
Drew
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:32 pm The C65 Trident Auto with the red bezel - not to my personal tastes, but not a bad looking watch in general. I think the red bezel would look better with white lume rather than the vintage lume
I think it's going for something like this look... https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/b ... 9230r-0012

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 18.39.21.png

I agree that white might look good too, but do quite like this vintage style lume, however I'd need to see it in person first... maybe an early(ish) Xmas present :lol:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King