Price increase?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
laubscm

Price increase?

Post by laubscm »

Gone to buy the black c60 only to see all the prices on the website has increased. Most by £50 some like the world timer by £400!

Add it to bag and purchased at the old price. Are they about to make an increase or are the website having a meltdown....
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Price increase?

Post by Thegreyman »

It definitely lists a number of watches with a price increase eg a C60 GMT on bracelet is now £1,055 (was £995) so a £60 increase. Like you found though, if you add it to bag it reverts to the old price :?

Not good for an online retailer whether it is a true increase or not to give that inconsistency.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 am It definitely lists a number of watches with a price increase eg a C60 GMT on bracelet is now £1,055 (was £995) so a £60 increase. Like you found though, if you add it to bag it reverts to the old price :?

Not good for an online retailer whether it is a true increase or not to give that inconsistency.

I'm beginning to wonder if we're drifting into an online version of market stall haggling:

"I sell you lovely watch for £1500 yes?"

"That's too much. I have lots of lovely grandchildren in need of new shoes, I can pay you only £500"

"Okay I'm a grandfather too. How about you show me photos of your grandchildren, I show you mine and you can have the watch for £900?"
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 am It definitely lists a number of watches with a price increase eg a C60 GMT on bracelet is now £1,055 (was £995) so a £60 increase. Like you found though, if you add it to bag it reverts to the old price :?

I've just tried that but the checkout price stayed at £1055.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

On the ones that I checked it looks like an increase of approximately 5.5%.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am

I've just tried that but the checkout price stayed at £1055.
Yep, it's changed completely since yesterday evening. It was the multiple product listing page showing the increases, but individual product pages and basket showing original RRPs.

I'm genuinely shocked if they've made an unannounced price increase :shock:
If it had been announced prior to it happening, it may have generated a few sales that they could well miss out on now.

Would be interesting to know how many of you guys/gals who were considering a purchase prior to this, would still do so given these increases.
Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

We're all used to Rolex, Tudor, Omega et al flagging up price changes ahead of time.

Doesn't need to be done that way, as CW have proved, and I'm sure there are many brands who slip increases through without prior announcement.

Mind you, I can't recall the last time CW applied an across the board price increase; outside of the introduction of new models.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

For sure. Completely up to CW how they go about their business, but I can't see how it is in their interest to have approached it like this.

Some people may not care, some will.
From personal experience, I remember contacting Neil @ Chronomaster re. a Sinn watch. Phoned up to request a few details, but by the time I'd mustered up most of the money, Sinn had implemented a price increase which he did inform me was going to happen.

I couldn't bring myself to pay more for the same watch in the end and moved on to something else.
Ryan
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Probably covering increased anticipated costs for the new year, when Britain is operating with alternate trade regulations - raw materials/components, stock movement and standard sales.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

Some items just added to clearance with the discount applied even better now as it's still against the previous retail prices, grab them why you can!
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

The price hike has pushed a great many watches above the threshold for paying a tariff in the US. That’s most unfortunate. Anything above that threshold is a deal breaker for me in the future.
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm The price hike has pushed a great many watches above the threshold for paying a tariff in the US. That’s most unfortunate. Anything above that threshold is a deal breaker for me in the future.
Does the threshold refer to price paid rather than RRP/list price? If so then you may still get a watch with voucher/promotion/sale that takes it below the threshold.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Gripper wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:29 pm Some items just added to clearance with the discount applied even better now as it's still against the previous retail prices, grab them why you can!
Interesting that some of the clearance items have had their RRP increased and are now more expensive than when I looked 30mins ago.
Ryan
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Wow, glad I bought the C65 Cranwell when I did, it's jumped up £50 to £945 :shock:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

A statement from Christopher Ward......

Christopher Ward increases prices on series models for first time in more than 3 years

To reflect the increased cost of materials and manufacturing over the last three and a half years, Christopher Ward is increasing prices for the first time since January 2017 by an average of 3.4% with around half its models not increasing at all.

In keeping with the brands uniquely transparent pricing model, which marks up cost prices x 3 to arrive at the selling price, where exchange rate changes outweigh the cost increases e.g. the Euro, prices have actually been reduced.

There have been no changes to prices of limited edition watches as these would largely have all been manufactured prior to the majority of the cost increases being applicable.

Mike France, Christopher Ward CEO & Co-founder:

“We hate having to increase prices at any time but having absorbed cost increases on ongoing models for a little while now it is the right time to do so. Our fair margin philosophy has always meant Christopher Ward watches offer outstanding value and these small increases haven’t altered that position.”
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.