C65 battle: Trident vintage vs Sandhurst

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C65 battle: Trident vintage vs Sandhurst

Post by JasperCat »

Thegreyman wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm You could use the just newly published discount code to get 15% off the Trident Vintage, not applicable to the military range though.
According to the email from Christopher Ward this morning, the 15 % discount has now been extended to include the military range of C65s too :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
ModernArrow10

Post by ModernArrow10 »

How can I sign up for newsletter with discount code? I have been subscribed and no mail arrive nor in the spam folder.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

ModernArrow10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:28 pm How can I sign up for newsletter with discount code? I have been subscribed and no mail arrive nor in the spam folder.
You can subscribe on the CW website. I am not sure if there is any delay between subscribing and getting added to the list but hopefully you will begin to receive emails soon.

Until then, the discount code is TRIDENT15 and is valid until midnight tomorrow (August 17th).
Another code MOD10 seems to work but is intended for military affiliates I believe but you could use it or wait until there is another voucher code available which is often £100 off.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

ModernArrow10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:28 pm How can I sign up for newsletter with discount code? I have been subscribed and no mail arrive nor in the spam folder.
Keep checking in on the forum.

Details of codes usually get posted on here.

Based on past experience, there will likely be a £100/$125 Voucher Code issued with the next published Loupe Magazine, probably at the end of this month. This will usually be valid for two/three months.

Other than that, keep your eyes peeled for Promotion codes, like the current TRIDENT15, which get issued from time to time.

Happy hunting.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A1soknownas wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:26 pm You can subscribe on the CW website. I am not sure if there is any delay between subscribing and getting added to the list but hopefully you will begin to receive emails soon.
To be fair, the mailing lists are a bit hit and miss. Some people seem to get them every time (I have never had any problem) whereas some people get them occasionally and some people, including some longtime forum members and repeat customers, don’t seem to get them at all. People request to join the mailing list, names go through then some seem to disappear like socks in the washing machine.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ModernArrow10

Post by ModernArrow10 »

I just saw a review in that there were feedback about Sandhurst's (and Trident Vintage too) new Quick release bracelet is nice but creaks. Did you experienced that?
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

ModernArrow10 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:35 am I just saw a review in that there were feedback about Sandhurst's (and Trident Vintage too) new Quick release bracelet is nice but creaks. Did you experienced that?
The bracelet on the latest C60 did squeak/creak when it first arrived and I assume that the other models are sometimes similar.
In an interview it was deemed to be a Rolex like characteristic as the tolerance on the bracelet links is so small and well made.

It can be fixed though and will go away with wear, or as I did you can remove the bracelet and work in some liquid soap and rinse and it will stop :)
ModernArrow10

Post by ModernArrow10 »

Is here anybody having a Traska Summiteer? That is a nice watch on half price and be sure that lower quality.
However I would love to hear some comparision especially in value/ratio wise.
Thanks.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:27 am .. names go through then some seem to disappear like socks in the washing machine.
So true..that is why I buy multiple pairs of the same sock... :problem:
Last edited by Amor Vincit Omnia on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected misquote
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Defo Sandhurst for me.

Logo at 12, chronometer on dial, and a very classy look
ModernArrow10

Post by ModernArrow10 »

What do you think about the clasp of metal bracelet? It seems a bit bulky for me especially for skinny wrists.
DEV1ST8R
CW-watches: 5

Post by DEV1ST8R »

Another vote for Sandhurst, unless you want a strictly more-dressy piece.
Rockmastermike
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Rockmastermike »

Sandhurst, but I am biased as I have one on pre-order and on the way as soon as they are back in stock
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ModernArrow10 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:31 pm What do you think about the clasp of metal bracelet? It seems a bit bulky for me especially for skinny wrists.
I don't have one of the 20 mm to measure and comment on but I have both the older (non quick change) and newer (quick change) C65 22 mm bracelets and they are quite comfortable. The clasp is very low profile.

The old bracelet tapers from 22 to 18. The clasp is 20. Closed it is just a hair over 6 mm but to the eye it looks slimmer. I find it super comfortable.

The newer quick change is very similar. Same 22 to 18 mm taper. Clasp is a hair under 20 mm wide with a thickness of just about 7. It also looks slimmer to the eye in practice. Side push buttons are elongated (they are just different, functionally there is no difference).

I'm guessing that the 20mm tapers to 16 with an 18 mm clasp. Someone who owns one should chime in here and confirm.

As a side note, the sliding micro-adjust system in the CW bracelets is outstanding.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

rkovars wrote:
I'm guessing that the 20mm tapers to 16 with an 18 mm clasp. Someone who owns one should chime in here and confirm.

As a side note, the sliding micro-adjust system in the CW bracelets is outstanding.
It's dangerous to guess. :wink:

I've just checked the bracelet from my C65 Sandhurst.

20mm at the lugs tapers to 18mm at the deployant clasp.

Clasp is 20mm wide by average 7.5mm tall.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England