Coronavirus

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Coronavirus

Post by StrappedUp »

nbg wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:13 pm A week on from the pubs opening in the UK....

Has anyone yet paid a visit?

We went yesterday lunchtime. Only open outside. Place order at a half open window near the door. Pick up drinks from the normal outside serving hatch. Sit at a well spaced table by the river. :)

A small pieces of normality, even though the Pandemic has yet to reach its peak In many parts of the world.

Neil
UK?? Cheap shot that Neil :lol:

Unfortunately it would mean driving across the border for me which is far too much effort for a pint :thumbdown:

Enjoy it all ... responsibly of course!
Ryan
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Ryan I forgot that you can’t do that. :(

Our youngest daughter told us that we can now visit them in Wales, but forgot you are still Publess!

The one we visited is only opening 12-3 and 5-9, to deter the p*ss heads.

It was safe enough for the Queen to visit many years ago. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

Haven’t been to a pub yet - village one is shut till Saturday plus don’t drink - but I was out and about in sunny Castle Douglas this morning and it was wall to wall masks. It’s now mandatory to wear masks in shops, you can be fined up to £500 if you don’t.
1FE9A24E-10E9-4985-AC4F-F00FA53E0CEE.jpeg
Edited: Typo 🙄
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

oberonfoto wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 pm Haven’t been to a pub yet - village one is shut till Saturday plus don’t drink - but I was out and about in sunny Castle Douglas this morning and it was walk to wall masks. It’s not mandatory to wear masks in shops, you can be fined up to £500 if you don’t. 1FE9A24E-10E9-4985-AC4F-F00FA53E0CEE.jpeg
David, slight typo, you meant to say it is now mandatory to wear masks in shops due to the wise one (FM). I'm not planning to visit any shops as I see little enjoyment in doing that at the moment.

Of course the pubs here can open their outdoor spaces now (pretty much all of them I've seen in Edinburgh are operating a booking system where you book a two hour slot). I did venture to one on Monday night with a couple of friends, a sunny Scottish day though soon can turn and it was a cold and windy evening sitting with gloves and a hood up sipping an ice cold lager ](*,) The weather is a bit better this weekend but will be reverting to sitting in our garden having a drink with a couple of friends we haven't seen for a few months.

Next Wednesday pubs, restaurants and hotels can re-open here, looking forward to going out for a socially distanced meal.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

When the Choir that I sing in has not been able to meet up for our weekly Choir Practices since the end of March, we transferred our activities over to the Interweb using Zoom video conferencing.

Its not been easy and only about 50% of our membership have been taking part.

Nevertheless, we have learnt new songs, with arrangements as always by our Choir Master Barbara Fleet, one of which we have gone on to record.

Recording was done by us individually singing our part, listening to backing music, which was then mixed by Barbara.

Here's the result. Enjoy listening.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Great stuff, Guy

Congrats to you all :clap:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Excellent, Guy! :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm When the Choir that I sing in has not been able to meet up for our weekly Choir Practices since the end of March, we transferred our activities over to the Interweb using Zoom video conferencing.

Its not been easy and only about 50% of our membership have been taking part.

Nevertheless, we have learnt new songs, with arrangements as always by our Choir Master Barbara Fleet, one of which we have gone on to record.

Recording was done by us individually singing our part, listening to backing music, which was then mixed by Barbara.

Here's the result. Enjoy listening.

Guy
Wonderful! One of the great sources of inspiration and comfort for me during the pandemic has been seeing how people refuse to let go of the social connections they have and how technology has been embraced to maintain those connections.
Drew
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Nice one :thumbup:
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Excellent, Guy. I enjoyed that.

We've done a similar thing with the choir I sing in, but it's still being mixed together by the musical director. I shall share it once it's ready (supposed to be August sometime).
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Enjoyed listening to that Guy. Sadly I have an awful signing voice so shall never be admitted to a choir. Around 90% of your choir seem to be women, I see the appeal!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by EddieTheBeast »

Very good Guy!! :clap:
Dean
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

We had our first meal out in 4 months or so, at a very airy and we'll distanced garden centre yesterday lunchtime. Benefitted from the governments half price meals. Not sure when we will venture into a hostelry though.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I think we all need to go into hibernation and wake up next Spring. It's going to be an interesting winter. :schlafen:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris