Opinions Please - C65 Trident - Bracelet or Strap

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Opinions Please - C65 Trident - Bracelet or Strap

Post by JAFO »

I have a bronze trident that came with a hybrid strap. The hybrid strap is now on a Raymond Weil chrono. There is a picture of it near the end of the July sale You can probably find it another way, but I'm.new to the forum. I love the hybrid strap. I have ordered the c65 with leather (the bracelet sold out while I was considering), and if it's the same size I will try the hybrid, (bronze is 22mm, not sure about the c65), but I have a number of alternatives.

The hybrid is versatile and different, and you will easily find a home for it.
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

I bought the blue C65 Trident Diver on a strap which is wonderful for the summer and informal outings. But I will be purchasing the steel bracelet for work and more formal occasions. I think the watch looks great on both.
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:04 pm I have a bronze trident that came with a hybrid strap. The hybrid strap is now on a Raymond Weil chrono. There is a picture of it near the end of the July sale You can probably find it another way, but I'm.new to the forum. I love the hybrid strap. I have ordered the c65 with leather (the bracelet sold out while I was considering), and if it's the same size I will try the hybrid, (bronze is 22mm, not sure about the c65), but I have a number of alternatives.

The hybrid is versatile and different, and you will easily find a home for it.
The C65 is 22mm. I also like the hybrid strap.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:54 pm
JasperCat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 pm ...Hoping the micro adjustment on this bracelet will do the same 🤞
It absolutely will! I adjusted the links in for a good fit with the micro adjuster in the center. I now just tighten or loosen up over the course of the day as necessary. It works perfectly for me. How you adjust will depend on where the fit falls on your wrist with the links. Some on the forum having commented on the need for a half link to get the perfect personalized fit.
Does this bracelet have more micro adjustments than earlier ones? The bracelet for my Trident 300 Chrono had only 3 or 4 adjustments, so I was about a half link off from a useable fit.. Fortunately my spare hybrid worked out wonderfully.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

My bracelet has five easily adjustable positions in total. I’m assuming the newer bracelets with the quick release pins have the same number of positions. Someone else can probably verify this.
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Late to the party but I’d say either strap or bracelet work well with the Trident Diver. It is one of those watches that is quite versatile in that respect, much like the C65 vintage 38mm I used to own.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
JohnnyMac
CW-watches: 2

Post by JohnnyMac »

If you're interested in selling the bracelet, I'd say it will look best with a strap! 😂
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I bought my blue on tan leather, which I like but would like to wear it on the bracelet, from time to time. I’ve been hoping one would appear in the CW sale or in sales corner, for a fair price. I don’t particularly fancy parting with the £155 they’re asking for one.
Steve.
b00ndocksaint
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by b00ndocksaint »

Both look good in my opinion, I chose the tan leather for mine as I keep bracelets/NATOs for autos and straps for handwound - just my thing
Rolex Sub 116610LN / Tudor BB58 / Omega Seamaster 300M Pro 2531.80.00 / Breitling Avenger II Blackbird / Vintage 50s Omega / Bremont S501 / C60 Bronze / C60 Abyss / C65 / Dreyfuss Co 1974 / Vostok Amphibias / Skagen 234XXLT / Zelos Mako Bronze
Jszair

Post by Jszair »

Strap for blue dial+camal
Bracelet for black dial
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Jszair wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:46 pm Strap for blue dial+camal
Bracelet for black dial
I would align with that call!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

:D Depends on the day! They look great with almost any strap and the bracelet as well! For me it is tough to choose most days! :D
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Here's mine on an inexpensive mesh. I don't mind the small gaps between the spring bars and watch head. I wouldn't want to pay 150 more for a bracelet.
IMG_20200727_213505084.jpg
Zax
Junior
Junior

Post by Zax »

I've used Natos on my divers before...something about the bracelet just makes them look and feel better. I do have a strap on one of my Orient Mako's, but the original bracelet that came with wasn't that great.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

I'm the bracelet fanboy here! Scooped the blue handcranker in the sale, searched the bay of E for a blue stingray strap but actually, it's the bracelet all the way.
When I slip the watch and bracelet on my wrist I see myself arriving at an airport of long ago, an aerodrome quite possibly, and taking a seat in a long silver cigar tube with four socking great propellers on the wings and my choice of watch bracelet is a nod to those long and slender shiny wings.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands