Bezel inserts

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Bezel inserts

Post by scrw »

Given certain models/colours seem to have the inserts made of chocolate, I would have expected CW to give you a cost to replace one without having to send a watch to them for them to take a look at it :thumbdown: Wondering if I will just get one off ebay, anyone fitted a generic/other brand insert into a CW bezel?
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Bezel inserts

Post by nbg »

What model was it?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scrw
Senior
Senior

Post by scrw »

mk2 trident, black bezel
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

If you can remove the bezel insert, you could measure it accurately, but CW can replace entire bezels.
If you contact them, they should be able to give you a price, but to do the job yourself, a lot will depend on availability of a suitably sized replacement.

As for the bezels being soft, aluminium usually is...
scrw
Senior
Senior

Post by scrw »

I have asked them, and they want to see the watch before quoting, and for what must be a fairly basic thing to do I would have thought they would have a set price.
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

scrw wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:03 pm I have asked them, and they want to see the watch before quoting, and for what must be a fairly basic thing to do I would have thought they would have a set price.
They probably do have a set price. It's been said before that they're not keen on people modding their watches though. Meaning that if you wanted a red bezel insert to replace a blue bezel insert then they wouldn't be helpful with it.

I'm sure it's also been said on here that it's not so simple to just change the insert over. I really wouldn't know myself.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I have yet to find an after market bezel/insert of the correct size.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

scrw wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:03 pm I have asked them, and they want to see the watch before quoting, and for what must be a fairly basic thing to do I would have thought they would have a set price.
The people answering CS enquiries generally don’t know a watch from a whistle, so you may have to send the watch in to get it looked at. I did manage to contact someone a while back that could give me a price for a bezel replacement and it was around £25.
scrw
Senior
Senior

Post by scrw »

Their service isn't what it used to be. First point of contact is your most important.
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
jolsongoude

Post by jolsongoude »

I agree. I spent $16 sending the watch (C7 Rapide Chronograph Mk II COSC LE) to them (cheapest method I could do while still having a tracking number.) Now I wait to find out what they say about cost once they receive it. You would think it would be a simple question to answer without holding the actual watch: 1. Yes, we do have replacement inserts and this is the cost. 2. No, we don't have replacement inserts, but we can replace the case for this amount. 3. No, neither bezel inserts nor cases are available any longer and we're sorry we cannot help you. Crazy.
scrw
Senior
Senior

Post by scrw »

Could you share your quote when you get it please?
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
jolsongoude

Post by jolsongoude »

scrw wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:42 am Could you share your quote when you get it please?
Will do.
jolsongoude

Post by jolsongoude »

Quick update: Watch was mailed 10/10. The last tracking update I received was:

October 15, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Processed through Facility
UNITED KINGDOM

My weekly emails to my "Customer Service" contact requesting a simple yes or no answer as to whether they've received my watch go completely unanswered.

Seriously unimpressed and very disappointed. I really did expect better.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

jolsongoude wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:42 am Quick update: Watch was mailed 10/10. The last tracking update I received was:

October 15, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Processed through Facility
UNITED KINGDOM

My weekly emails to my "Customer Service" contact requesting a simple yes or no answer as to whether they've received my watch go completely unanswered.

Seriously unimpressed and very disappointed. I really did expect better.
Wouldn't you be better off contacting the courier who you shipped with if their tracking is proving inadequate?

I'm not saying CW's silence to your emails is correct, but if the shipping company are not stating it's delivered, then they'd be the first port of call.
Unless you've purchased shipping that doesn't have end-to-end tracking?
Ryan
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

I do find it somewhat bizzare that they won't give a price for a bezel/insert without seeing the watch. I had the same thing with mine and it's just getting left until it needs it's 5 year service in 3 years time (if I even bother to do that). I had a similar experience with Motorola a couple of weeks ago who wouldn't quote me for a simple screen replacement. They wanted £20 p&p plus £35 to assess it. That's £55 before any work was done. Needless to say I didn't send them my phone and I won't be buying any other Motorola/Lenovo products in the future.

That's the danger that CW are putting themselves in here. If you become difficult to deal with people won't deal with you.