C65 Trident Diver Accuracy?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NeWard
Senior
Senior

C65 Trident Diver Accuracy?

Post by NeWard »

Hello everyone, I just got a c65 trident diver in blue from the July sale shipped to me and after winding it and timing it for 24 hours now the sw210-1 movement ran 13 secs fast.....

I was wondering how well is everyone else's c65 diver running at considering a lot of people pulled the trigger on it during the July sale that just ended, should I wear it more and hope the accuracy will improve or the watch would stay running at this rate? I tested the watch with a compass and it was not magnetized so I didn't know why it was running fast, my watch is on the edge of the +/- 15 secs per day stated on the Christopher ward's page and I was hoping for it to perform better. Thank you! :wave:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C65 Trident Diver Accuracy?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

New movements often take a little while to settle in, and it would be worth keeping it wound and wearing it for at least a week in order to allow this to happen. My own C65 Trident Diver has always tended to lose a few seconds, though it is within the tolerances stated so I have never worried too much about it. Set it 30 sec fast and it’s good for a week. I do the opposite with my Speedmaster.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

The one i picked up on Monday has had three days on the wrist and one day off. For the three days on it was +/- 0 seconds and for the one day in the box it was 3 seconds. I have obviously been very lucky with mine.

Just double checked it v timeis and spot on :thumbup:
Cheers now, Paul
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

I fully support the settling in approach. The timekeeping can depend upon wear etc but test it over a longer period and see where you are.

I used to be frustrated that my watch was running fast everytime I picked it up. That was it though, when I had ot on 24/7 it was much more accurate.

Like the great suggestion above recommends if you get to know how it behaves over a period of time you can set it wrong to compensate and then it will be right in the future and you'll have more tolerance +/- to play with!

If it still operates outside the spec and you are not happy you can contact CW but as it may take longer to be dealt with in the current circumstances you may as well investigate first. Hope it works out ok.
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

stefs wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 am The one i picked up on Monday has had three days on the wrist and one day off. For the three days on it was +/- 0 seconds and for the one day in the box it was 3 seconds. I have obviously been very lucky with mine.

Just double checked it v timeis and spot on :thumbup:
Wow I'm jealous of that movement! :clap:
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:28 am New movements often take a little while to settle in, and it would be worth keeping it wound and wearing it for at least a week in order to allow this to happen. My own C65 Trident Diver has always tended to lose a few seconds, though it is within the tolerances stated so I have never worried too much about it. Set it 30 sec fast and it’s good for a week. I do the opposite with my Speedmaster.
Thank you for the reply! Does manual wound watch movements have different +/- rate while wearing and not wearing it? I thought that only applied to automatic ones where it would self wound while on the wrist thus improve the accuracy rating?
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

A1soknownas wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 pm I fully support the settling in approach. The timekeeping can depend upon wear etc but test it over a longer period and see where you are.

I used to be frustrated that my watch was running fast everytime I picked it up. That was it though, when I had ot on 24/7 it was much more accurate.

Like the great suggestion above recommends if you get to know how it behaves over a period of time you can set it wrong to compensate and then it will be right in the future and you'll have more tolerance +/- to play with!

If it still operates outside the spec and you are not happy you can contact CW but as it may take longer to be dealt with in the current circumstances you may as well investigate first. Hope it works out ok.
Interesting! I thought wearing the watch would make it more accuracy only applies to automatic watches, guess I have to find out myself :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

NeWard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:44 pm Thank you for the reply! Does manual wound watch movements have different +/- rate while wearing and not wearing it? I thought that only applied to automatic ones where it would self wound while on the wrist thus improve the accuracy rating?
All mechanical watches are susceptible to positional variations. Some of the finest movements are tested in up to 6 positions. Wearing a watch tends to iron out the differences incurred by leaving it in different positions.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I just received one, and after a day and a bit it's showing about 5 seconds slow.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Knock on wood it has been 0 to 3 seconds fast per day. Granted it has spent 20 hours a day on my dresser because I've been wearing a Seiko that just came back from a movement replacement; want to make sure I didn't have another dud movement.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi