New CW website now live

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: New CW website now live

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

manicm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 pm A bit of a mess?
Too soon to judge. All system upgrades have a few bumps when they go live, it just depends on how many there are and how quickly they fix them. I’m pretty sure this thread is very helpful in giving them live feedback/ a user based issue list. All in all, the website is a big improvement on the previous one.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am My guess is that it's been disabled for a while whilst the new site settles in. Makes sense to me that they'll avoid too much additional stress on the system whilst they test it and iron out bugs (if that's what they are doing)
But they are not testing it - it's live, now. Surely stress, volume and bug testing should be performed off-line before going live? That was the case in my IT days.

The spacing on several pages is poor. Info is blocked out or bleeds over into another block.

When looking at a style of watch (e.g. Motorsport) the various possible configurations of any watch is all over the place, you're not shown 1 watch in it's possible configuration (dial colour on bracelet, black strap, brown strap etc) - they're mixed in with all the other Motorsport watches.

Verdict - tried hard but ultimately poor results, must do better.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:13 am My guess is that it's been disabled for a while whilst the new site settles in. Makes sense to me that they'll avoid too much additional stress on the system whilst they test it and iron out bugs (if that's what they are doing)
But they are not testing it - it's live, now. Surely stress, volume and bug testing should be performed off-line before going live? That was the case in my IT days.
I agree with that, and in an ideal world every system would 100% tested across all platforms/ apps and devices. However in practice that’s not always possible and I’ve seen systems deployed with limited testing and with a ‘live production testing/ catch in in live’ attitude.
Donroger

Post by Donroger »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:07 pm
Donroger wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm Am I the only one with track and trace problems? I received a mail with the track and trace link, but the link doesn't work?
Potentially, CW will issue their Dispatched email at some time during the day with the Track & Trace link, but the link will only become live when the item is collected from CW by DPD (UK deliveries) or DHL (International deliveries), usually towards the end of the day.

If you've received an email this afternoon, give it a while yet into this evening, to see if the link is working.

Hope this helps.

Guy

I checked today, but its still the same. A blank page with the text: "The page doesn't work e.christopherward.co.uk sent an invalid response. ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT".
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Donroger wrote:
Donroger wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm Am I the only one with track and trace problems? I received a mail with the track and trace link, but the link doesn't work?
Potentially, CW will issue their Dispatched email at some time during the day with the Track & Trace link, but the link will only become live when the item is collected from CW by DPD (UK deliveries) or DHL (International deliveries), usually towards the end of the day.

If you've received an email this afternoon, give it a while yet into this evening, to see if the link is working.

Hope this helps.

Guy

I checked today, but its still the same. A blank page with the text: "The page doesn't work e.christopherward.co.uk sent an invalid response. ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT".
Oh dear. Sorry my suggestion didn't work.

Best for you to contact CW for further clarification / information.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

I was trying to buy a strap on Elliot Brown's website last night and got a whole load of wrong password, we don't have that email etc. notifications.

Signed up as a new account holder, using the same email address, got a link, activated account and lo; got into my existing account with previous order details.

Not an exclusive problem to CW it would seem.

Guy

Donroger

Post by Donroger »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:25 am
Donroger wrote:

Hope this helps.

Guy

Oh dear. Sorry my suggestion didn't work.

Best for you to contact CW for further clarification / information.

Guy

No worries, you tried to help me out, thanks for that :thumbup:
Yeah, i'll contact CW. Lets hope they have some time to reply and can give more information.

PS: i also have that problem on CW's site, I can't log in because of an incorrect password. And I dont get a password reset mail for some reason.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Still cant get my Password reset. I get the mail OK, but it links to a Login Box with the 'New Password' Field pre-filled (in 'Dots'), so I cant fill in the 'Confirm New Password' Field - whatever I try is rejected - including a Copy & Paste attempt.

Delving into FireFox internals, the 'Saved Logins' show that the current password is in fact my last Order Number - but trying again with that doesnt work either !

I did eventually opt-in to using my FaceBook link to login - but that lost all my old Account Data ....
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Bahnstormer_vRS

Laird wrote:Still cant get my Password reset. I get the mail OK, but it links to a Login Box with the 'New Password' Field pre-filled (in 'Dots'), so I cant fill in the 'Confirm New Password' Field - whatever I try is rejected - including a Copy & Paste attempt.

Delving into FireFox internals, the 'Saved Logins' show that the current password is in fact my last Order Number - but trying again with that doesnt work either !

I did eventually opt-in to using my FaceBook link to login - but that lost all my old Account Data ....
Have you tried contacting CW to tell them you are having a problem?

They are, by the way from yesterday, aware of login / password issues but, as there are a number of glitches which are only affecting some people it is not easy to work out a fix.

Guy

Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Have you tried contacting CW to tell them you are having a problem?

They are, by the way from yesterday, aware of login / password issues but, as there are a number of glitches which are only affecting some people it is not easy to work out a fix.

Guy
That would be a novel approach !

Yes, I have - but I suspect the IT guy is up to his proverbials at the moment !

Its not the end of the world, can wait .....

UPDATE: Heard from Sammy - Passwords need at least 1 Capital, 1 Number & 1 Symbol
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

I too had several attempts at password resetting...

It would be nice if they communicated the password requirements as part of the error message though...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Donroger

Post by Donroger »

I don't even get any recovery mail... Guess I'm the only one.
GreenHighlander
CW-watches: 6

Post by GreenHighlander »

Donroger wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:49 pm I don't even get any recovery mail... Guess I'm the only one.
You are not alone. I don’t get the reset email either. I can’t even look up current order using the order number, email and zip.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Spot-On - "too true Blue ... "

Mind you they didnt even announce that a new Website was coming ....

gannet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:44 pm I too had several attempts at password resetting...

It would be nice if they communicated the password requirements as part of the error message though...
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

When the website tries to go to an unknown page, it defaults to a photo of the shopfront of a Jewellers in Doesburg, The Netherlands.

When that Dutch Jeweller's website tries to navigate to a bad link, it shows another photo of their shop front. I just wonder if the web designers are in any way related and are using a common set of landing pages. :lol:
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."