Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

CWL - Dispatch delay

Post by Laird »

Bought a Watch on Friday Lunchtime - no Dispatch email today ... so

............ Queried and "The order will ship in 3-5 working days as we are only able to offer standard delivery at the moment."

Not happy with that !

Especially as a Strap I also bought later on Friday HAS shipped - DPD have it and will deliver tomorrow .....
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: CWL - Dispatch delay

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Well?

I would imagine there's quite a difference between a strap and a watch in terms of picking, preparation, checking and then dispatch.

Understandable that a watch might take a couple of days to get out of the door.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Thats strange i ordered last night and has been dispatched today for delivery tomorrow.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

No, not Well ! Its a marked increase in Dispatch time

Its inconsistent (actually little difference in the steps involved in the 2 items -certainly not 3 to 5 Days) - also was told twas due to the reduction of the Team, but no explanation of why the Strap was dispatched so quickly if the new rule is 3 to 5 days - why not highlighted anywhere that its no longer Next Day Service ?

Already missed the Fathers Day 'deadline' - so this was a bigger disapointment ....

and Foxman's comment enforces ...

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:54 pm
Well?

I would imagine there's quite a difference between a strap and a watch in terms of picking, preparation, checking and then dispatch.

Understandable that a watch might take a couple of days to get out of the door.

Guy
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

If ever there was a time to choose the relaxed side of irked, now is the time.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Joy and despair for me. They sent my watch next day (hurrah), but they actually sent the wrong watch (boo)
Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

Not to rub salt into the wound, but I ordered a watch on Sunday and was told it dispatched on Monday. I did however pay $40 extra for expedited delivery, but I just assumed that was for a quicker DHL service (I need it to arrive before July 1 to avoid higher VAT rates).

They may not use the same warehouse for everything, which may explain differences in dispatch times.
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Sorry to rub even more salt, but mine arrived as scheduled today. I have to say the CW sales side is just phenomenal. 2nd time ive placed an order on a Sunday and the watch has arrived on the Tuesday.
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Laird »

Apparently my order experienced an error & is now stuck in the 'System Changeover' process ...

They have faithfully promised it will dispatch tomorrow - almost a week after it was ordered - apparently, ordering 'just after 12 Noon' lost me another day ....

My gast is flabbered - altho it may lend credence to the immince of a new Website ?