Which way to go for the big 5-0?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Re: Which way to go for the big 5-0?

Post by Macdaz »

So I‘ve been in touch with Mike, and the aforementioned cushion case watch is not due until September, so that’s one problem solved. Something else, for my birthday and then I’ve got three months to save for the new model!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

^ well played. Nice to know details so you can plan ahead !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Number 2) on your list - a 43mm bronze raw clearance. Currently 50% off in daily specials in the clearance section.
Happy hunting!
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

Ttf23 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm Number 2) on your list - a 43mm bronze raw clearance. Currently 50% off in daily specials in the clearance section.
Happy hunting!
Many thanks for the heads up...but the page refresh gods smiled on me today. I got my confirmation email 7 minutes before your post :thumbup:

(Just hoping I actually get it, I've been here before and been disappointed)
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Macdaz wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:00 am So I‘ve been in touch with Mike, and the aforementioned cushion case watch is not due until September, so that’s one problem solved. Something else, for my birthday and then I’ve got three months to save for the new model!
Eeeek, I hope the cushion case is better than the square C5. Reminded me of an allegro steering wheel:https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... pl5_rNOw&s
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Macdaz wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:45 pm
Ttf23 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm Number 2) on your list - a 43mm bronze raw clearance. Currently 50% off in daily specials in the clearance section.
Happy hunting!
Many thanks for the heads up...but the page refresh gods smiled on me today. I got my confirmation email 7 minutes before your post :thumbup:

(Just hoping I actually get it, I've been here before and been disappointed)
:clap: fingers crossed
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

Bronze.jpg
So...I figured out a way to to deal with the dilemma of whether I should get the Trident Bronze for my Birthday next month.

So Now it's down to two, Farer GMT or Oris Big Crown Pointer Date?! (I think I know and I think it's already in the house! :thumbup: )
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Macdaz wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:10 pm Bronze.jpg

So...I figured out a way to to deal with the dilemma of whether I should get the Trident Bronze for my Birthday next month.

So Now it's down to two, Farer GMT or Oris Big Crown Pointer Date?! (I think I know and I think it's already in the house! :thumbup: )
Congratulations and fantastic picture of your new C60 Bronze ! I'll await the next timepiece unveiling in May !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

Well that didn't go as planned.

Yesterday was the big day, Oris was unboxed. Oris was reboxed. Oris was returned. Refund has been processed. I was gutted! I've never returned a watch before so at least that was something different for my Birthday!

On the upside I now have a very healthy looking watch fund to play with. So the search continues!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Macdaz wrote:Well that didn't go as planned.

Yesterday was the big day, Oris was unboxed. Oris was reboxed. Oris was returned. Refund has been processed. I was gutted! I've never returned a watch before so at least that was something different for my Birthday!

On the upside I now have a very healthy looking watch fund to play with. So the search continues!
Why?

Guy

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Macdaz wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm Well that didn't go as planned.

Of course there is a very nice bronze oris big crown pointer date in sales corner! :thumbup:
006E2612-CA68-4541-912D-2F64946106AC.jpeg.jpg
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

stefs wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Of course there is a very nice bronze oris big crown pointer date in sales corner! :thumbup:
Thanks, but unfortunately it wasn't the case material that caused the problem! :D
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Macdaz wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Thanks, but unfortunately it wasn't the case material that caused the problem! :D
What exactly was the problem?
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:17 pm
Macdaz wrote:Well that didn't go as planned.

Why?

Guy

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk
stefs wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 pm
Macdaz wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:47 pm

What exactly was the problem?
Quite a few things. It didn't look anywhere near as nice in real life as the pictures earlier in the thread, it was a bit lightweight and probably more dressy than I hoped and even though it was 40mm it felt really small. One of the worst things was the lume on the triangles around the edge of the dial made them quite noticeably green. Even in bright light they stayed green and it just looked horrible with the flat blue dial.

The other thing was the price, and the problem with CW, I got the Oris for just over 1k but when you consider what you can get from CW for less than that, the sensible side of my head kicks in and I just couldn't justify it. If it was £6-£700 it might have been an interesting addition, but the bottom line was I just didn't like it enough.
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

jtc wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:10 pm The new ProPilot is a significant step up compared to the old one too, with the deep blue sunburst dial and much nicer applied lume numerals.

Of the watches you'd picked out, the Farer is a bit different and certainly worthy of marking the occasion!
I do love Lumed Numerals!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: