C60 Trident Pro 600 - Accuracy

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 - Accuracy

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations, as AVO says it looks a perfect fit for you.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Foxman50 wrote:So placed order late on Wednesday evening, dispatched Thursday and Arrived early Friday. Now that's what i call service.

Set the time, replaced the strap (couldn't be bothered to resize, too impatient :D)

22hrs in and on it's first day we are running at approx +4sec. Not sure if there is a settling in period where this may change but extremely pleased with this.

This is the first 40mm watch I've owned and while it does fit my wrist perfectly, better than 42mm+, i feel it looks a little small, but I'm sure i will get used to it. These images makes it look twice the size, must be the angle of view. One also makes the dial look blue, it's black.
thumbnail_IMG_0123.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0124.jpg
As for the watch itself i absolutely love it. The bezel almost looks like deep black chrome in some light, it is so reflective. The case has just the right amount of polish and brushed steel and looks a lot thinner on the wrist than it actually is.

Personally i would like the logo to be slightly lighter in colour so that it stands out more, but gives me something to do trying to angle my wrist to see it, that's now my Covid hours exercise for the day :D.

So all in all I'm really impressed with the watch and hopefully many years of good time keeping to come. I'm no watch collector, one watch at a time, well i was........
Ohh it looks great.

+4spd is very good, wear it for a week or two and then the movement will settle in to it's true accuracy. It'll probably be around +5 SPD after it's all said and done.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Just wanted to say many thanks for all the replies, really heartening and something that drew me to the brand.

That's the good bit, the bad bit is i wish i wish i had gone for the 42mm. Yes i know that this 40mm actually does fit my wrist probably better than all the other watches i have owned, in fact the way the strap falls from the lugs around the wrist is just perfect. BUT, to me it does look a touch small on, though not in the images, but more so the strap does look too thin for a divers watch at 20mm.

Now i know its only 2mm but as my better half always informs me "size matters", although i have no idea what she is referring too when she says it :D

i do love the watch, the way the light shines off it, it almost looks like a different watch at times. Maybe i will ebay it and get the 42mm, will wait and see if i still have a job to go back too after all this Covid madness subsides.

Anyway Accuracy. So i thought it would be interesting to see how it progresses over the first two weeks, as suggested above, with the changes as on day three it has varied again, although I'd be happy with any of them compared to my Seiko. Note the below are only done from comparing to a timeclock website so not too accurately done 8-[

Day 1 - 30th May +4sec
Day 2 - 31st May -4sec
Day 3 - 1st June -2sec

Just to add, i started to trawl through the "CWL of the day" thread to see what straps others are putting with the watch. Not sure this was a good idea as CW certainly have produced some beautiful watches over the period they have been around. As mentioned previously i have only had one used watch at any one time, that's about too change :D ..............
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations and the 40mm looks like its well sized to your wrist. If the lug to lug length on the 40mm differs from the 42mm (i have not looked) there might be the possibility that the bracelet fitment that is perfect now, might be different on the 42mm. Was there something that drew you to the 40mm if selecting that size in the first place?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Hi Voignier, yes indeed it does fit so well and for the first time i looked up the correct fitment for my wrist. However it is not the fitment but the way i feel it looks that is the issue, i had thought i would become accustomed but it’s just not happening.

You are correct as i have had it on previous steel bracelets where the fixed centre section at the lug sticks out because the watch is too large for my wrist.

I’m not in any rush so will wait for now and see how it goes.
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Foxman50 wrote:Just wanted to say many thanks for all the replies, really heartening and something that drew me to the brand.

That's the good bit, the bad bit is i wish i wish i had gone for the 42mm. Yes i know that this 40mm actually does fit my wrist probably better than all the other watches i have owned, in fact the way the strap falls from the lugs around the wrist is just perfect. BUT, to me it does look a touch small on, though not in the images, but more so the strap does look too thin for a divers watch at 20mm.

Now i know its only 2mm but as my better half always informs me "size matters", although i have no idea what she is referring too when she says it :D

i do love the watch, the way the light shines off it, it almost looks like a different watch at times. Maybe i will ebay it and get the 42mm, will wait and see if i still have a job to go back too after all this Covid madness subsides.

Anyway Accuracy. So i thought it would be interesting to see how it progresses over the first two weeks, as suggested above, with the changes as on day three it has varied again, although I'd be happy with any of them compared to my Seiko. Note the below are only done from comparing to a timeclock website so not too accurately done 8-[

Day 1 - 30th May +4sec
Day 2 - 31st May -4sec
Day 3 - 1st June -2sec

Just to add, i started to trawl through the "CWL of the day" thread to see what straps others are putting with the watch. Not sure this was a good idea as CW certainly have produced some beautiful watches over the period they have been around. As mentioned previously i have only had one used watch at any one time, that's about too change :D ..............
A time cock comparison is accurate enough for 99% of people

I personally use the Watchcheck app on my phone

Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

OK so i need to make a PM style U turn here. In my defence i have been on furlough for the past 8 weeks and been wearing nothing more than a pair of shorts other than my once a week visit to the supermarket, oh what a life.

Anyway after posting above i was called back to work, amazing. So today i wore my shirt and trousers and dare i say it, but for some reason it makes the appearance of the 40mm, well it just looks right on the sleeve. No idea why this should be but it does, and I'm happy for it. Perfect

Day 1 - 30th May +4sec
Day 2 - 31st May -4sec
Day 3 - 1st June -2sec
Day 4 - 2nd June -2sec
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Foxman50 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Don't worry about it, it is what it is. I have wrist watches from 36mm to 52mm, I feel that agonising over size is pointless, wear and enjoy!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

A point well made i feel H0rati0
Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

Foxman50 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm Many thanks for the fast response, certainly good to know this service is avaiable directly.

My Seiko loses approx 1m15s per day, i had returned it during its warranty however it soon returned to 1m losses. I think the crown has now lost some threads as i only get a couple of turns to screw in as a result of setting it every morning.

I would be more than happy with 5 - 10s/day if this is constant, would only require setting once a week.
There is something wrong with your particular movement. I have several watches with the 6r15 movement and the "worst" is 12 sec/day fast with the others in the +/- 5 second range.

The 6r15 is not a particularly expensive movement, and regulating it is not hard if you have a timegrapher. Its probably worth either regulating it yourself or taking it to a watchsmith.
Hedgehogger

Post by Hedgehogger »

That's a great looking watch, congratulations!
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Hedgehogger wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 am
Foxman50 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm Many thanks for the fast response, certainly good to know this service is avaiable directly.

My Seiko loses approx 1m15s per day, i had returned it during its warranty however it soon returned to 1m losses. I think the crown has now lost some threads as i only get a couple of turns to screw in as a result of setting it every morning.

I would be more than happy with 5 - 10s/day if this is constant, would only require setting once a week.
There is something wrong with your particular movement. I have several watches with the 6r15 movement and the "worst" is 12 sec/day fast with the others in the +/- 5 second range.

The 6r15 is not a particularly expensive movement, and regulating it is not hard if you have a timegrapher. Its probably worth either regulating it yourself or taking it to a watchsmith.
I won't disagree with you, however it has been back when under warranty. I have actually sent an email to I think it was "The Watch Bloke" but yet to hear back. And thanks I do really like this watch, CW certainly have produced some great looking pieces.
Foxman50
Senior
Senior

Post by Foxman50 »

Day 1 - 30th May +4sec
Day 2 - 31st May -4sec
Day 3 - 1st June -2sec
Day 4 - 2nd June -2sec
Day 5 - 3rd June -8sec Big jump
Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Hedgehogger wrote:

Too bad Seiko is pulling the 6R movement into the $800+ price range now Image

Commisar
Senior
Senior

Post by Commisar »

Foxman50 wrote:Day 1 - 30th May +4sec
Day 2 - 31st May -4sec
Day 3 - 1st June -2sec
Day 4 - 2nd June -2sec
Day 5 - 3rd June -8sec Big jump
That all depends on wrist position, activity level and energy in the spring.

Your biggest jump was -8 SPD, all else.is -2 or -4 SPD

Not bad at all.