C9 GT40

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Aveleydave
CW-watches: 7

C9 GT40

Post by Aveleydave »

Evening folks.

Could I ask, those who have a GT40 and bought it around release time, did it come in the large wooden box with an engraved chrome plate?

Cheers,

Dave.

Aveleydave

Re: C9 GT40

Post by Aveleydave »

Nothing? No one else owns one?

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hi, Dave. It’s a pity you have not got any replies to your question, but it may just well be that few if any owners have seen it. The watch is a limited edition of 40 pieces that were sold £2995. I suspect that the vast majority of the watches will have gone to enthusiasts and collectors who are not members of the forum, or at least not forum regulars.

EDIT: I just checked, and the only photos of it on the forum come from a low posting member who hasn’t logged in for over nine months.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Amor Vincit Omnia

Here’s a link to the watch on the CW Archive.

The handbook mentions a beautiful presentation case, but there is no picture of it. I hope that’s of some help.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Aveleydave

Post by Aveleydave »

Cheers for the reply Steve. Yes, fully understand the sentiment of your post. Just hoped someone here had bought, and still owned one, and could comment.

Regards

Bert ;-)

Amor Vincit Omnia

Good luck with your quest. It's a rare beast, I imagine.
Steve
Charles Babbage

@Avo238