C60 Trident Ombre COSC LE

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC LE

Post by welshlad »

I can confirm that each Ombre dial is slightly different as I looked a selection of them at the CW Showroom last November.

I must say that the steel C60 Ombre is still my favourite C60 Mk3. [But the forthcoming C60 Chronograph featured in the latest Loupe may change that!]
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

welshlad wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:22 pm I can confirm that each Ombre dial is slightly different as I looked a selection of them at the CW Showroom last November.

I must say that the steel C60 Ombre is still my favourite C60 Mk3. [But the forthcoming C60 Chronograph featured in the latest Loupe may change that!]
Thank you kind sir.
strapline wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:35 pm
tikkathree wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:15 pm
strapline wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am Morning all...

I was hopeful that my OP might bring in some replies of this watch over the weekend, but it appears not. There doesn't appear to be any photos in the CW gallery, which was updated little over a week ago. I think it's a lovely looking watch with much to admire. It would have been nice to see some photos or get some owner feedback; perhaps it's not generally viewed in the same light that I see it in. :( I guess if the compulsion continues I should pull the trigger and utilise the 60/60 guarantee. I could always take photos and upload them to the gallery, whether I decide to keep it or not. :D
Well, that's where I think I am right now too. :lol: My question would be whether the "ombreation", the scuffing of the dial is unique to every dial (which I think unlikely) or whether it's a uniform applied finish and they all look exactly alike.
Well...I've just been looking at it on the CW site, and apparently each dial is hand finished and, thus, unique. I too would favour the steel bracelet.
Thank you. It's a plan. Bracelet and aged black oak strap.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
raddoc

Post by raddoc »

Here's mine. I love it, get comments all the time on its appearance.
20200321_095403.jpg
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

raddoc wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:07 am Here's mine. I love it, get comments all the time on its appearance.

20200321_095403.jpg
Wow...what an outstanding photo, and a gorgeous watch, too. I'm getting quite a compulsion to buy one of these, just think I'll hang it out for a really good offer to appear <15% would be nice.

Do you know if you can request a specific number of the 300 pieces, I have a couple of numbers in mind? Also, is it keeping COSC time?

I'd go for the bracelet too. Is it comfortable with plenty of adjustment, I have a 7" wrist?

Once again...an outstanding photo and watch. Thanks for sharing.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
raddoc

Post by raddoc »

strapline wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 pm
raddoc wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:07 am Here's mine. I love it, get comments all the time on its appearance.

20200321_095403.jpg
Wow...what an outstanding photo, and a gorgeous watch, too. I'm getting quite a compulsion to buy one of these, just think I'll hang it out for a really good offer to appear <15% would be nice.

Do you know if you can request a specific number of the 300 pieces, I have a couple of numbers in mind? Also, is it keeping COSC time?

I'd go for the bracelet too. Is it comfortable with plenty of adjustment, I have a 7" wrist?

Once again...an outstanding photo and watch. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! The bracelet is the most comfortable one I've ever worn. The micro adjustment on the clasp is money. Perfect fit. I have 6.5" wrists and had to remove 3 links total.

No clue if oyu can request a specific number. My gut says no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I waited for a $150 off coupon before making my purchase as well. No regrets with this watch. The fact that it's a LE with only 300 made and COSC certified sealed the deal for me.

Good luck and hope you pull the trigger.
Chrisw643

Post by Chrisw643 »

Screenshot_20200526-120750_Facebook.jpg
tikkathree wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:16 pm
Chrisw643 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am I have this one, not my most frequent wearer but I like it. Apologies for the wonky pic
And do you ever wear it on the bracelet? Mostly I see this watch on this strap.
Apologies for the late reply, yes I do occasionally pop it on the bracelet, its stunning on the bracelet or leather. The disl really pops in certain lights.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200526-120812_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200526-120806_Facebook.jpg
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

^^ ^^
@Chrisw643
Wow...again, great photos, thanks for sharing. For my money this is the best diver that CW offers, very unique. I love the way the Ombre- finish dial descends in to darkness towards its outer edge.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent photos!

They sure would look great posted here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Chrisw643

Post by Chrisw643 »

Kip wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:25 pm Excellent photos!

They sure would look great posted here.
All done :thumbup:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thank you.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.